NHL Lockout.

steezyb

I've heard it's going to pretty much all be in-division games. Supposed to start on Jan. 19th I heard. Hockey Day in Minnesota here.

I heard Wed Jan 16th

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Wed Jan 16th

Eh, even better.

I've heard it's going to pretty much all be in-division games. Supposed to start on Jan. 19th I heard. Hockey Day in Minnesota here.

Feel bad for Dallas, what a miserable schedule they are going to have. All road games are going to be in LA, Phoenix, San Jose and Anaheim.

Feel bad for Dallas, what a miserable schedule they are going to have. All road games are going to be in LA, Phoenix, San Jose and Anaheim.

You can argue that MN has arguably the worst divisions in the entire NHL having Colorado, and three Canadian teams as well. All changes in time zone, not to mention the hassle our boys have to deal with getting through Customs.

Our GM Leopold had a very decent argument on that but I can't remember what I Googled to get to it. I'm going to love getting St. Louis, Winnipeg, Chicago, in our new division alignment. It's going to resemble the old Norris Conference quite a bit.

You can argue that MN has arguably the worst divisions in the entire NHL having Colorado, and three Canadian teams as well. All changes in time zone, not to mention the hassle our boys have to deal with getting through Customs.

Our GM Leopold had a very decent argument on that but I can't remember what I Googled to get to it. I'm going to love getting St. Louis, Winnipeg, Chicago, in our new division alignment. It's going to resemble the old Norris Conference quite a bit.

Absolutely, I really hope they okay the previously announced realignment. It will be great having that division and not as many late night games on the West Coast for the Wings.

It kills me how spoiled these east coast teams are and have the nerve to complain about a little more travel...they are still going to have it so much easier than anyone in the two Western Divisions.

Absolutely, I really hope they okay the previously announced realignment. It will be great having that division and not as many late night games on the West Coast for the Wings.

It kills me how spoiled these east coast teams are and have the nerve to complain about a little more travel...they are still going to have it so much easier than anyone in the two Western Divisions.

Yup. We get the worst of it. The thing is I thought it was kind of cool we were one of two American teams in the division as our state is the state of hockey. :thumbsup: But I never understood how tough their travel routine was.

You are right. Johnny figured out Hank

I hate Brian Rolston

They do have awesome jerseys though and I always wear my knockoff Isles sweater quite often.

I read it that he was referring to "we" as Western Conference teams, not Minnesota specifically getting the worst of it. After all, we were both commiserating about how much it sucks watching our team on the West Coast all the time.

Minnesota didn't come close to getting the worst of it. That's laughable.

Really? Just two years ago we were #4 in total miles traveled. Add to that we have to deal with customs so much. Furthermore four of the five teams in our division were in the top six for miles traveled:

http://wiki.answers....vels_most_miles

I read it that he was referring to "we" as Western Conference teams, not Minnesota specifically getting the worst of it. After all, we were both commiserating about how much it sucks watching our team on the West Coast all the time.

Yeah, no.

Really? Just two years ago we were #4 in total miles traveled. Add to that we have to deal with customs so much. Furthermore four of the five teams in our division were in the top six for miles traveled:

http://wiki.answers....vels_most_miles

Minnesota doesn't even have it the worst in their own friggin division. Quit whining.

Minnesota doesn't even have it the worst in their own friggin division. Quit whining.

Pfft. I wasn't whining; look back a couple posts back of mine - I always enjoyed the late games we got in Alberta and B.C. I was only reiterating the desire our GM (and players) want for realignment.

I'd take being in the Northwest division with a screwy traveling over having to play in the best division in hockey against the Pens, Rangers, Devils, and Flyers

Though I like the rivalries and being able to go to 4 arenas.

I'd take being in the Northwest division with a screwy traveling over having to play in the best division in hockey against the Pens, Rangers, Devils, and Flyers

Though I like the rivalries and being able to go to 4 arenas.

The Central Division should be good too after realignment.

St. Lou, Winnipeg, Chicago, Minnesota, possibly Colorado and Detroit and Columbus.

Potential Central Division

Chicago

Columbus*

Dallas

Minnesota

Nashville

St. Louis

Winnipeg

Potential Pacific Division

Anaheim

Calgary

Colorado

Edmonton

Los Angeles

Phoenix

San Jose

Vancouver

Possible Atlantic Division

Boston

Florida

New Jersey

NY Islanders

NY Rangers

Philadelphia

Tampa Bay

Washington

Possible Mid-Atlantic Division

Buffalo

Carolina

Detroit

Montreal

Ottawa

Pittsburgh

Toronto

The new Central Division will some stiff competition.

2vimpet.jpg

Wow dude. You stay classy. :rolleyes: But seeing your interests are hookers and blow, I won't hold my breath.