NHL Lockout.

steezyb

Not only did he get, I believe 4.5 per year for 4 years, at the age of 40, but he also got a 2 million signing bonus so that when the players get locked out he won't have to play somewhere else. Instead, he can just sit at home and live off the 2 million that the league decided to give him cause they knew they were going to lock out.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only did he get, I believe 4.5 per year for 4 years, at the age of 40, but he also got a 2 million signing bonus so that when the players get locked out he won't have to play somewhere else. Instead, he can just sit at home and live off the 2 million that the league decided to give him cause they knew they were going to lock out.

Plus it's a 35+ contract, meaning if he is bought out, he gets the entire salary (I think; instead of the 2/3 salary)

I read somewhere that the $2 million signing bonus is deferred until the end of the contract.

Plus it's a 35+ contract, meaning if he is bought out, he gets the entire salary (I think; instead of the 2/3 salary)

I think that only applies to the cap hit, not the actual dollars paid out, but I'm not positive.

So it begins, gentlemen. The league we hold so near and dear to our hearts is hanging us (and those who work as the gears for the machine - arena workers, food service workers, pro shop staff, etc.) out to dry.

It just shows how little we matter in the grand scheme of things.

all the fans need to do is stay away for a while when the league starts up again. We went a year with no hockey so we can do it again. If the league comes back in December then the fans should stay away and leave the buildings empty until april when the regular season ends

If this happened I can guarantee you there would never be another work stoppage and all it would take is 90 days of the fans not showing up

all the fans need to do is stay away for a while when the league starts up again. We went a year with no hockey so we can do it again. If the league comes back in December then the fans should stay away and leave the buildings empty until april when the regular season ends

If this happened I can guarantee you there would never be another work stoppage and all it would take is 90 days of the fans not showing up

Unfortunately that's just not realistic. People won't stay away like that, and the owners know it. That's why our opinion means so little.

I know I for one wouldn't be able to just completely stop going or watching.

I've unfollowed every hockey related person I follow on Twitter. I just can't stand this crap anymore after going through two lockouts (NBA and NFL) last year. I'm just gonna block out hockey for a while. Just way too disgusted.

I am very sad the lockout happened again. I want to watch as much Selanne I can before he retires. One more year and it's a year that may only be half a season. I am getting my Selanne jersey and my fiance's Selanne jersey back from EPS next week too. I won't be wearing it outside for a while. I guess nothing but Broncos gear this winter.

I am very sad the lockout happened again. I want to watch as much Selanne I can before he retires. One more year and it's a year that may only be half a season. I am getting my Selanne jersey and my fiance's Selanne jersey back from EPS next week too. I won't be wearing it outside for a while. I guess nothing but Broncos gear this winter.

Quite sad about this myself. I was hoping to get my Wild Wing signed by him in Philly in November, but the lockout may cancel that game. Not sure what I'd do then.

Quite sad about this myself. I was hoping to get my Wild Wing signed by him in Philly in November, but the lockout may cancel that game. Not sure what I'd do then.

I was looking forward to him coming on 12/18 to LI. Hoping they start Dec 1 at the latest.

I hope every single star signs in the khl for a year. TSN and ESPN would pick up the games to watch on tv and the nhl would bleed itself dry. Serves them right. The 2005 cba was already the league getting what they want. Now they want to say that the last contract they got still wasnt good enough. Im sorry i know that the players are grossly overpaid but without players there is no nhl. You cant have tv shows and movies without actors but anybody with money can produce one. I hope the KHL steps up and offers huge cash to these guys to make the nhl realize that without them they nothing. Fans will follow individual players as long as games are marketed and broadcast in north america.

I hope every single star signs in the khl for a year. TSN and ESPN would pick up the games to watch on tv and the nhl would bleed itself dry. Serves them right. The 2005 cba was already the league getting what they want. Now they want to say that the last contract they got still wasnt good enough. Im sorry i know that the players are grossly overpaid but without players there is no nhl. You cant have tv shows and movies without actors but anybody with money can produce one. I hope the KHL steps up and offers huge cash to these guys to make the nhl realize that without them they nothing. Fans will follow individual players as long as games are marketed and broadcast in north america.

Here's a direct quote from the KHL facebook page.

"Let the show begin! Malkin & Gonchar to Magnitka, Datsyuk almost in Kazan, Andrei Kostitsyn to Traktor. Who's next? Place your bet."

I'm sure they have opt out clauses in their KHL contracts incase the NHL starts up again.

The Swedish league was not going to allow players to sign and "bail" in the case of an NHL agreement. At first they said the players must play the whole season if they signed with an Elite league club. Seems as if they are backing off that stand seeing how much "interest" (revenue) having NHL stars playing back in Sweden would generate.

Buddy and I put in for a 10 game Rangers package this year. When they called us, all they had to offer was $300/each seat x2 x10 = $6,000. It's hard to stomach the lockout, especially when we always go to Whale games for $5/seat and have a ###### good time during and after the game. Hockey fans are a particular type, and I hope delaying the season does not lead to a drastic decline in attendance/interest/televised games etc...

http://en.khl.ru/news/2012/09/12/24711.html

The Kontinental Hockey League has released the details of an amendment to KHL Regulations governing the signing by KHL clubs of players currently under contract to National Hockey League clubs in the event of an NHL lock-out .

The document comes into effect in the event of the NHL officially announcing the lock-out and would remain in force until the NHL officially declares the lock-out to be over. The amendment will cover players with existing NHL contracts, excluding those with two-way NHL contracts who are consigned by their clubs to lower league teams for the duration of the lockout.

KHL Hockey Operations Vice-President Vladimir Shalaev outlined the main points of the amendment:

"Our clubs have been granted the opportunity to enter into contracts and place on their main rosters no more than three NHL players, and the previously established limit of 25 players per team may be exceeded by the addition of these players. For Russian clubs, only one of the three NHL players may be a foreigner, and this player must meet one of the following criteria set down to ensure that only top-level foreign players come to play in the Kontinental Hockey League.”

Criteria for foreign players signed from NHL:

- Has played no fewer than 150 games in the NHL over the last three seasons;

- Has experience of playing in the KHL;

- Represented his country at one of the last two IIHF World Championships, World Junior Championships or the Olympics;

- Is a Stanley Cup winner, a Stanley Cup finalist, or a winner of one of the individual prizes awarded by the National Hockey League at the close of the season.

KHL clubs based in countries other than Russia may sign more than one foreign player among the maximum three NHL players. Moreover, the above criteria for foreign players will not apply to KHL clubs based outside Russia.

In the event of a lock-out in the NHL, the maximum number of foreign players at any one KHL club will therefore rise from five to six players. The limit of five foreign players named in the roster for a given KHL game remains in force, as does the maximum of one foreign goaltender per club.

The wages paid to NHL players signed during the lock-out will not count towards the KHL clubs’ salary cap. However, the wages paid to the NHL player must not exceed 65% of the player’s wages as stipulated in his NHL contract for this season.

"The term of the contracts signed with NHL players must run until April 30th of next year, i.e. to the end of the 2012-13 season,” Vladimir Shalaev added. “However, the contract must contain a clause allowing immediate unilateral termination when the NHL lock-out is resolved. Naturally, no compensation will be paid for such a termination of contract. The KHL Central Information Bureau will be the determining agency regarding the sporting rights to NHL players with regard to KHL clubs, and the clubs have the right to alter and amend such rights in accordance with current KHL Regulations. The Regulations governing players’ medical, health, and life insurance apply in full to NHL players signed during the lock-out, but clubs may purchase additional insurance at their own discretion.”

There are 26 teams in the KHL so that means that only 78 players with NHL contracts can play in the league and only 26-34 of those players can be non-Russians.

Utterly disrespectful to fans, i blame both sides they are both greedy you can't side with the players who make millions or the owners who mis manage paying millions both sides suck!!

Ding ding ding. We have a winner!

Arena employees and the fans are the ones suffering the most