New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 Johnny Boychuks on one page of arrivals - this day in jersey collecting history, mark it down.

That ain't no 07 alternate. That was the 04 throwback series ;)

Why do you think it's got no A on it? That's a rookie-year Bergy shirt.

I know! I was saying that I have the 07 version, with the A. :thumbsup:

I got this back a few weeks ago, when the B's still had a chance of raising the Cup for the second time in 3 years... and given the nameplate that Brilliant was able to put together for me it just seemed sacrilegious to post while the Hawks were taking my team to the woodshed.

I picked this beauty up on Ebay over the winter, and given the neck tagging/barcode in the hem and marks/wear inside and out, I thought (and Brilliant was leaning this way as well) that it might have been game worn at some point but not by Roenick/the Senior USA squad. Unfortunately, the US NDTP's equipment manager didn't have any records going back to the 1998-2000ish teams to determine if it was in fact issued but regardless it's a pretty cool jersey.... and it has a note in the fight strap that it was NOT game issued/worn by Roenick.

If I'm ever able to confirm that the jersey was worn/issued to a Team USA player, it'll be getting it's proper nameplate thrown on then.

IMG_1234_zps90c3f183.jpg

IMG_1235_zps48457511.jpg

IMG_1237_zpsc7e284fe.jpg

Man, yesterday was absolutely exhausting. I got home and went to bed at about 9:30pm. Definitely fun though. Here's my new additions. First and foremost, one I had my eye on for a while from IceViolence.com...a home white 1997-98 Edmonton Oilers Mike Grier:

nOilerscirca19971aCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

nOilerscirca19971bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Not many people realize it but Mike was actually the first-ever American-born black man to play in the NHL. That's a pretty cool fact so this was a no-brainer for a USA collector. I was always a fan of his in Edmonton too so that just made it easier. There are at least 15 separate repairs on it; front and back.

Then, a pair of mid-2000's Titans jerseys from the sale. Connor Dunlop from 2004-05:

onTitanscirca20043aSPauthentic-vi.jpg

onTitanscirca20043bSPauthentic-vi.jpg

...and Chris Cava with the A from 2005-06:

onTitanscirca20054aSPauthentic-vi.jpg

onTitanscirca20054bSPauthentic-vi.jpg

Finally, the two from the giveaway and Grab Bag of some crappy team that nobody cares about:

fscirca2009ReebokEDGEauthentic-vi.jpgfscirca2007ReebokEDGEauthentic-vi.jpg

Mike. Very nice! How the heck did you unpack AND take photos already. I just got all of my stuff put away...

I like those Titans pickups and that Grier was nice and wrecked. I will post all of my Rangers pickups from Steiner in a bit.

Well if you don't want to be in our crappy club for jerks then feel free to send them to me.

Just received -

1998-1999 Joey Kocur #26 Detroit Red Wings home preseason jersey with shortened sleeves

001_zps3c73f955.jpg

003_zpsc879c58f.jpg

002_zpsbb98a057.jpg

2003-2004 Jim McKenzie #19 Nashville Predators 3rd jersey with repaired neck - photo-matched

004_zps8333e683.jpg

005_zps221d1076.jpg

006_zpsa1a38770.jpg

Just added.. 2007-08 Fedor Tyutin NY Rangers road (MeiGray).. Rare jersey.. Reebok 1.0 hemmed.. Worn in HOF game vs Toronto Maple Leafs.. Messier Induction year..

eqxt.jpg

3fgq.jpg

Sweet Vince. Very nice pickup for sure. I think I speak for everybody (not really :noway:) when I say that this board needs more Rangers pickups :thumbsup: Now on to the next one!

Nice Tyutin!

Totally agree- more Rangers please!

(I have a couple I'm going to post soon....not as good as this one, but they are Rangers!)

Thanks guys! I really like the Tyutin... Of course more Rangers in the future.... ;)

nice pickup Bobbyp6565 the 3rd predators jersey is definitively one of my favorite !

Just got this today from MeiGray clearance section. Edge 2.0. May make it a Knuble.

DSC_0172-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Picked this up at the MeiGray sale on Saturday in the jungle like atmosphere of their warehouse.

2010-11 Brian Boucher White Set 2. Size 58G. This is my first goalie gamer :)

100_7108-vi.jpg

100_7131-vi.jpg

100_7134-vi.jpg

100_7135-vi.jpg

100_7143-vi.jpg

Boucher wore this jersey for a total of 14 games from 12/28/2010 through 4/8/2011. He posted a 7-6 record while wearing this jersey. The jersey is littered in black puck markings and shows some scattered red goal post paint on the arms and rear. Photomatched.

IMG_0279-vi.jpg

This one was on the table when I got home from the expo. A game issued 1982-83 HSI (Hockey Specialties Inc.) road jersey

100_7092-vi.jpg

100_7102-vi.jpg

This jersey may have been prepared for use by Fred Arthur during the 1983 NHL playoffs. The nameplate has been removed and there is very light wear except for a small tear in the left sleeve near the #6. The Flyers wore this set of HSI jerseys during the 1983 playoffs only for one road game against the Rangers. The fight strap remains in the rear attached directly through the rear #6. It is cut from the same Swickle template that the Flyers Eagle jerseys were made from. No size tag but measures to a size 50. The HSI is screened onto the rear hem.

And my free giveaway jersey from the expo. 2007-08 Nashville Predators road 2.0. Size 54. 4 penned on the neck tag in blue ink.

100_7148-vi.jpg

There's so many Flyers goalie jerseys, they just water the market down. :P

Nice pickup.

Received today -

2003-2004 Gordie Dwyer #32 Montreal Canadiens home preseason jersey with shortened fight strap. Back of neck shows some fight damage after fights with Chris Neil and Andrew Peters.

001_zps385599c4.jpg

002_zps9fee6c48.jpg

003_zpsef515b22.jpg

Latest pick up that I wasn't originally planning on, but...

Edge 2.0 2013 Kane Cup. I originally planned on getting a Sharp or Leddy since I have a 2010 2.0 Kane Cup jersey, but since he was the Conn Smythe winner I figured I'd get another.

IMG_6289-vi.jpg

Unfortunately, the 8's on the back are wrong. Not sure yet if it'll irritate me enough to strip it and have it done up properly.

IMG_6285-vi.jpg

I will say I'm getting used to 2.0 jerseys. Still no where near as nice as Ultrafil and I still prefer the slimness of the 1.0 sleeves, but overall they're not as bad as I used to think.

I used to follow Grier quite a bit when he was playing for Boston University. Always liked him. Great pick up Mike!!

First and foremost, one I had my eye on for a while from IceViolence.com...a home white 1997-98 Edmonton Oilers Mike Grier:

Not many people realize it but Mike was actually the first-ever American-born black man to play in the NHL. That's a pretty cool fact so this was a no-brainer for a USA collector.

Not hockey, but I think these twins are nice enough to show off here. Home and Road Authentic Rawlings Athletic 1986 Andre Dawson Expos jerseys. Both are size 44s and are replacing the 1982 Mitchell and Ness road Dawson Expos I have placed on my sales thread. Rawlings made the jerseys before 1986, but 86 was the first year that Rawlings was embroidered onto the sleeve, which is why I did not do them up with 82 All Star Game patches.

DSCN2635_zps90417ef9.jpg

DSCN2641_zpsfa839a77.jpg

DSCN2648_zpsce76e133.jpgDSCN2650_zps38f8fd1f.jpg

Just got this today from MeiGray clearance section. Edge 2.0. May make it a Knuble.

DSC_0172-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Hi Krendelev, I order the same ! it's look good. Can you tell me the difference between edge 1.0 and 2.0 ? thanks

As a Cubs fan, I love Andre Dawson! Love 80's baseball jerseys. They had so much character to them. Great finds!

Not hockey, but I think these twins are nice enough to show off here. Home and Road Authentic Rawlings Athletic 1986 Andre Dawson Expos jerseys. Both are size 44s and are replacing the 1982 Mitchell and Ness road Dawson Expos I have placed on my sales thread. Rawlings made the jerseys before 1986, but 86 was the first year that Rawlings was embroidered onto the sleeve, which is why I did not do them up with 82 All Star Game patches.