Who would you want to make NHL jerseys ?

tomtucker

CCM circa 1990. I swear the jerseys from the early 90's were my all time favorite.

I wish I had a time machine to go back to the early 90's and buy a truck full of the CCM jerseys. I forgot, invest in Yahoo and then Into Google and Apple, now that would be something.

I'm with you there. Love those 90's ultrafils...

So true. I have a few ultrafils from the 90's in my collection. Blue Maple Leafs from 93, White Canucks from 94, White Nordiques from 95 and they are my favorite non-Capitals jerseys I own. The Air Knits were awesome too. The build quality of those authentics seem better than the "authentic" Edges we have today. Maybe, because you could buy what the actual players were wearing on the ice.

Maybe, because you could buy what the actual players were wearing on the ice.

What a concept, huh? Effing Reebok.

I honestly don't think Nike would be much better than Reebok at this point. The Nike Swift jerseys are worse in my opinion than the Edge jerseys. As for the "what the players wear on the ice" Nike has been horrible in recent years letting fans purchase true on-ice authentics for some of the Olympic teams. Remember the fiasco of trying to get a Nike USA throwback from the Vancouver games? All they offered were replicas with the wrong shade of blue, the wrong cut, and a different patch.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely loved Nike hockey jerseys in the late 90's - but the current Nike Swift stuff is garbage.

My favorite jersey is the Edge 2.0. I'd like for Reebok to continue making the jerseys, but shift production to Canada and sell a legit product/better quality replica (and on ice jerseys)

It won't make sense for Nike to use the Swifts for the NHL because that material was designed for short tournaments. It's expensive for them to produce as it is and they would have to produce more of it simply because the material wouldn't hold up as long as the badass air-knit SP had.

Uh huh huh huh I said crank out uh huh huh huh

I'm not sure that Nike would end up putting the Swift jersey at the forefront for the NHL. If you look at the feedback by IIHF players that wear them now, they're not too well-received. Also, the contact within the NHL is MUCH more intense than the IIHF so they would basically have to scrap the Swift model. That crap does NOT hold up to true game wear. Hell, it doesn't even have double elbows and shoulders. I think Nike would most likely go back to their standard air-knit...which would be more than alright for me.

EDIT: Dammit. Dingleberry up there said it before me. GIVE ME BACK MY BONDRA SWIFT JERSEY!!!!

I honestly don't think Nike would be much better than Reebok at this point. The Nike Swift jerseys are worse in my opinion than the Edge jerseys. As for the "what the players wear on the ice" Nike has been horrible in recent years letting fans purchase true on-ice authentics for some of the Olympic teams. Remember the fiasco of trying to get a Nike USA throwback from the Vancouver games? All they offered were replicas with the wrong shade of blue, the wrong cut, and a different patch.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely loved Nike hockey jerseys in the late 90's - but the current Nike Swift stuff is garbage.

I have to agree with you. Nike hasn't been all that great recently making IIHF jerseys available for purchase. During the 2008 IIHF World Championship, they missed a great opportunity to sell the throw back jerseys that all the teams wore to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the IIHF. They didn't even sell replica versions of the jerseys. I only own one of these jerseys and it is a game issue jersey worn by Bobby Hull during the pregame festivities.

4369572924_38e28b6416.jpg4369573048_6738f8995d.jpg

One of my Holy Grails is the throwback worn by Russia in that tournament. And like you said, buying authentics for anyone other than Canada in the 2010 Olympics was non-existent. I wouldn't trust the Nike of today to handle the production of NHL authentic jerseys for retail. Their recent track record with National Team jerseys stinks.

I will definitely be in the minority, but I love the Edge design.

People may argue that it doesn't fit like a true hockey jersey, but the Edge design actually fits me properly. Im about 6'5, and I desperately need sleeve length in hockey jerseys. In order to get that in any other style, I need to order a massive size that leaves me looking like I need to gain 100 pounds to fit properly. The edge design gives the sleeve length and the form fitting which I definitely prefer.

Having said all that, I would appreciate the 2.0s being sold to the public...

I will definitely be in the minority, but I love the Edge design.

People may argue that it doesn't fit like a true hockey jersey, but the Edge design actually fits me properly. Im about 6'5, and I desperately need sleeve length in hockey jerseys. In order to get that in any other style, I need to order a massive size that leaves me looking like I need to gain 100 pounds to fit properly. The edge design gives the sleeve length and the form fitting which I definitely prefer.

Having said all that, I would appreciate the 2.0s being sold to the public...

I'm going to take it one step further and say my absolute favorite jersey to wear are my 1.0s. They fit the best, and I don't have to walk around like a goddamn wizard or a fat person in a moo-moo. Like, you can wear a 1.0 out and not look like an assclown. I always feel like I look 8 when I'm wearing a 6100.

My favorite jersey is the Edge 2.0. I'd like for Reebok to continue making the jerseys, but shift production to Canada and sell a legit product/better quality replica (and on ice jerseys)

I actually prefer this as well. I really do like the way the Edge jerseys look. You figure it'd be such a no brainer for them...but instead of doing this they shift production to Indonesia and produce an authentic that everyone hates. The real slap to the face is the fact that they produce on ice authentics for the AHL & college hockey for retail.

I'm going to take it one step further and say my absolute favorite jersey to wear are my 1.0s. They fit the best, and I don't have to walk around like a goddamn wizard or a fat person in a moo-moo. Like, you can wear a 1.0 out and not look like an assclown. I always feel like I look 8 when I'm wearing a 6100.

I only have 1 1.0 but i do like the fitment, that being said i find the 2.0 fit really good too compared to the 6100/starter mesh/ultrafil. I wouldnt mind keeping it as is if all retail become 2.0

When does the contract expire for Reebok?

+

Interests: Hockey, MMA, Tattoos & Music

=

2yufv9k.jpg

Hi, Mike.

Lmfao not quite :P I can't pull of "######" that well :P and by tattoo's I mean I have 175+ hours on me not a couple small ones

Keep in mind that the players are wearing shoulder pads under their jerseys. It brings the arms and bottom hem up substantially. Any doubt, check out the players in these jerseys from a current Flyers fundraiser:

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=27927&navid=DL|PHI|home

the hat company ? ....anyway, there are too few companys left, ccm is reebok, and reebok is adidas, right ?

we only have adidas, nike, majestic !

Thats correct Reebok is Adidas and CCM as well.

Personally I would like it if the league brought the air-knit 6100 style back. IMO they are pretty decent in quality, have large arm area, and are REAL hockey jerseys.

I think it's all been downhill since CCM lost the contracts. Bauer was okay, but didn't do the Ultrafils, only airknit. Airknit was better for replica-weight jerseys, but I like the Ultrafils on the game-weights. Nike, Starter, Reebok... Meh.

My favorite NHL shirts (production quality not just team design)were the CCM mesh Rangerss jerseys from the 1980s/early 1990s.

That Canada Cup jersey is sweet, that is one of the rare Canada jerseys I could wear in public. (I also like some of the late 80s/early 90s Tackla models). You're right, they should have sold the retro World Championship jerseys, I'd have bought a few!