Did I just buy a fake Edge?

metaphaze

Howdy,

I just bought a TJ Oshie jersey. The seller didn't state it was an Edge in the post, but looking at it I noticed right off the bat it looked like an Edge jersey, and saw that it was made in Canada, not Indonesia.

I instinctively bid on it, knowing just enough to get me in trouble. The reason I say that is I realize "Premiere" jerseys are made in Indonesia, not Canada. It said Reebok, and had Reebok tags hanging from it. The seller has a 100% feedback on eBay.

Then I hit Google after winning the auction (should have reversed these steps) and found out that there are outfits out there making an exact duplicate aka counterfeit, and not a reproduction.

I read one of your older threads in here about fakes, and am now worried for paying $91.00 for a jersey that retails for a hell of a lot more. Is there a chance some of you could take a gander at the auction and see if you see anything out of the ordinary?

eBay item: 180797418356

Thanks,

Meta

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO it is fake

the inside tag that says reebok is the tagging that was in edge premiere(replica) jerseys before the new indo edge

the authentic had the nhl shield in the black area and reebok in the silver area

also you'll notice alot of counterfeit jerseys have "puffy" numbers

Sorry, but it's a fake. The neck tag (for an Edge) should say "Authentic Jersey" at the top, not "Official Licensed Jersey" which is used on Premier replicas. The customization is poor and wrinkly looking, which is a dead giveaway.

Total fake.

I doubt he'll get his money back even if he goes through eBay, since the seller never actually says it's authentic or licensed. But yeah, very, very fake.

I doubt he'll get his money back even if he goes through eBay, since the seller never actually says it's authentic or licensed. But yeah, very, very fake.

Selling counterfeit goods on eBay even if you don't claim an item is authentic/licensed is still a violation of the terms.

Selling counterfeit goods on eBay even if you don't claim an item is authentic/licensed is still a violation of the terms.

Yeah, but I know people who have picked up fake jerseys on eBay, and eBay told them they'll have to provide indisputable proof that the jersey is fake before they'll give you a refund.

Yeah, but I know people who have picked up fake jerseys on eBay, and eBay told them they'll have to provide indisputable proof that the jersey is fake before they'll give you a refund.

eBay Buyer Protection: What happens if a buyer believes an item is not authentic?

"Generally, buyers will not be obligated to provide third-party confirmation that an item is counterfeit to open a case."

If eBay demands proof, point to the many guides online (here or even some of the guides on eBay itself) that list how to spot a fact jersey. Take pictures of the jersey received pointing out the issues. Worst case, offer to get Reebok involved. You may be able to take the item to a licensed Reebok retailer (team store etc.) and have the manager confirm in writing that it is a fake.

ebay will give you your money back 100% of the time nowadays. just say its fake and i want my money back and youre set. sometimes they will even pay the return shipping for you.

eBay Buyer Protection: What happens if a buyer believes an item is not authentic?

"Generally, buyers will not be obligated to provide third-party confirmation that an item is counterfeit to open a case."

If eBay demands proof, point to the many guides online (here or even some of the guides on eBay itself) that list how to spot a fact jersey. Take pictures of the jersey received pointing out the issues. Worst case, offer to get Reebok involved. You may be able to take the item to a licensed Reebok retailer (team store etc.) and have the manager confirm in writing that it is a fake.

Agreed, the problem with that is that eBay won't told me once when I had an issue that they don't accept pictures because they could be photoshopped. Maybe it's an isolated incident, but I'm just conveying my experience so the OP isn't caught off guard should eBay ask for proof that it's fake.

eBay does ask for proof that it's a fake. This is what happened to me awhile back. I bought a home-made CCM jersey (a pro blank with a replica crest slapped on) off a seller and asked for a refund because he clearly listed the jersey as an authentic NHL jersey. He told me no way so I filed a complaint. Then eBay sends me an email asking for documentation from a third party to verify my claims. I went to a local customizer and got it in writing that there's no way it's an authentic NHL jersey. I imagine eBay allowed the seller to provide his evidence to contradict my claims, but he obviously couldn't. In the end, I got my money back, it just took some work to do it.

I think if you really want to get your money back, tell eBay you're considering notifying Reebok.

Well thanks for your info guys. Once the jersey arrives I will inspect it, and if confirmed it is a counterfeit I'll notify the seller. If he doesn't want to play ball, since "Selling Counterfeit Goods" is illegal I'll notify eBay. In attempt to get a refund.

In my opinion, which yes is an opinion if you include a picture of a jersey with RBK tags your representing it as an official RBK product, not a counterfeit. If I can not get a refund, I'll chalk up the $90.00 loss to life experience and either turn it over to Reebok or ICE.

Thanks Guys

If I can not get a refund, I'll chalk up the $90.00 loss to life experience and either turn it over to Reebok or ICE.

Vanilla-Ice.jpg

contact eBay first that way they have a record of everything

Wrong. Contact the seller first, if the seller refuses to give you a refund, open a buyer protection case with eBay. That's the correct way to do it.

Wrong. Contact the seller first, if the seller refuses to give you a refund, open a buyer protection case with eBay. That's the correct way to do it.

Not wrong

both ways work but in many cases I have had eBay has mentioned that they would like to keep a record of it from the beginning

He just selects "I received an item that wasn't as described" and ebay will tell him to contact the seller and try to work it out and they will step in if the problem does not get resolved

Edited by Digger