Did I just buy a fake Edge?

metaphaze

Ebay themselves recommends you contact the seller first.

Metaphaze, if it were me, I would definitely contact the seller first and explain to them that you know your jersey is counterfeit. Explain to them exactly how you know it is counterfeit and tell them you would like your money back and you will return the jersey to them.

If they resist or just dont respond to your messages, that's when you get ebay involved. With my dealings on ebay, if you approach the seller in a reasonable manner, they will, more often than not, refund your money.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always contact the seller first. You back them against a wall and you'll find they won't be very receptive. Always give them a chance to rectify the situation, tattle if that doesn't work. And if eBay won't help you, I recommend a call to customer to support and to threaten to report them for harboring illegal activities and not rectifying them.

Is it really necessary to use the word "rectify" twice in the post? I think you were doing it intentionally :thumbsup:

But yeah, Johnny's right. Let the seller rectify then ask eBay to rectify.

Law school has taught me speak like a complete ###### haha, I apologize. Gah...

Don't apologize! I laughed. :thumbsup:

Lol I know there's no need to apologize, I'm apologizing more to the world in general and the plight I'm bringing upon it haha.

Well folks I received the jersey today.

Prior to opening the package I notified the seller that I thought the item was counterfeit. He responded in a way I wasn't really expecting...

I baited him in a bit, and let him know that I suspected the jersey to be a counterfeit. That my monies needed to be returned, and I would have to destroy the counterfeit merchandise. He responded essentially stating he backs up his items a 100% and if I wasn't happy simply send the item back, and once he received the item he would refund my money plus shipping. This is a really good start. I have him on record stating he will refund my money if not satisfied. This will be rock solid evidence if I need to open a case with eBay.

He also states (which gave me a chuckle) he has friends within the FBI and local law enforcement that would look in to the matter. Most educated adults know that the Department of Immigration CUSTOMS Enforcement handles so called manners, and not the FBI, which most assuredly he does not have contacts with. Problem is in order to get this so called refund I need to return the package unopened. I am a bit leery over that. First and foremost handling a counterfeit jersey at the cost of $91.00 is well worth the cost if need be. Second off anticipating a $91.00 monetary refund once he receives the package leaves me open to not only losing my money, but also losing the counterfeit property.

So here is what I ask of the Ice Jerseys BB. I have opened the package to examine the jersey. I have somethings to discuss with you, because I believe this to be an amazing counterfeit, to the likes I have no seen discussed here.

• The first two issues I have that make this look authentic are the badges. The NHL logo is NOT embroidered on, neither is the Reebok logo on the back neck. These are both sewn on.
  • The Reebok "Neck Ring" does not look like any of the others, it just says "Reebok" without any other imaging. This makes it seem like a dead give away.
  • The Canadian size tag looks great, the leaf looks good, however the "C"'s are not pinched at the apex of the curvature.
  • The "Official Licensed Jersey" tag in the neck, which should not match a "Made in Canada" tag is loose on the top left, the top right, bottom left and right are sewn on.
  • The numbers that looked flaky in the picture, do not look that flaky in hand...
  • The jersey has a fight strap, which prior to purchasing did not even know existed. The fight strap stretches length wise, but not width wise...
  • The jersey is listed size 52 (I thought large/extra large?) but fits very snug against my stomach, yet the length of the arms is a lot longer then expected. It does not fit like my older known to be authentic jerseys.

Help me dissect this jersey, and any photos needed will be posted promptly.

Thanks,

MetaPhaze

Edited by metaphaze

[*]The Canadian size tag looks great, the leaf looks good, however the "C"'s are not pinched at the apex of the curvature.

Pics are a must. As stated above, the tags/collar, fight strap, crest, and other detailed photos will let us know 100% if it is a fake.

Specifically regarding the point you mentioned above CCM logo should have points to the left of the C's on both the size tag and neck tag.

CCM-logo-D9241253F4-seeklogo.com.gif

It's obviously fake. Can you take a picture of the front crest and the back numbers as well. I suspect they are the shiny faux-twill material used on the fakes.

Most of the detail you want to look for is covered in this great thread by TB426: Reebok Edge jersey: Real vs. Fake

Can you please POINT TO where it is fake, and show me a correct jersey???

Fight strap is always a BIG giveaway...this is from the "How to spot a fake jersey" thread ( How to spot a fake jersey!)

Good fight strap seweing, notice the extra material around where the fight strap is connected to the jersey, not just sewen on the strap itself

Fightstrapinside.jpg

(for comparison, yours)

IMG_20120124_064244.jpg

Another thing I've noticed that is weird is the size, the 5 always has a slant on the left side of the 5 except on the 50, fakes always use straight up and down and it seems most fakes are size 50

Good:

MadeInCanada.jpg

Yours:

IMG_20120124_064153.jpg

We all know it is a fake by now.

The jersey looked good when I opened the package, but I can tell with a 100% certainty it is a fake after comparing my Wyoming Cowboys collegiate K1 Hockey Jersey made in Cloquet, MN. The front crest, the material, all COMPLETELY different.

I AM SO F(&^*** PISSED OFF!!!

I knew it was fake after I looked here, but after receiving the jersey, for ANYONE trying to pass this off as a legit hockey jersey is a joke. I still am going to have a hard time figuring this out over pictures, but after handling the jersey, there is NO DOUBT that it is made from sub par material. Not even close, I doubt Pee-Wee kids would play in this garbage.

The best information I can give to anyone who is not good at grasping the pics, I understand. That said if the front crest feel very rigid, like you CAN'T PLAY HOCKEY in it, you know you got a fake. The front crest must be super glued to the jersey with some stitching to make it look real. That said I couldn't even fathom trying to play a pickup game of hockey in this fake Arse jersey.

Regardless of what the seller wants, I will sacrifice my $91.00 jerzey + shipping to burn it for YouTube if he won't give me my money back, plus shipping, plus shipping back to him.

What an inferior piece of F(&^*** garbage.

-Meta

Ahhh, don't beat yourself up too bad. It's happened to just about all of us at one point or another. You have to start somewhere and the only way to learn is through trial and error, right?

Sorry to hear about that. If it weren't for this site, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between fake and real. Nor would I ever even know there were so many fakes. Never crossed my mind until I started buying them. I hope you get your money back, but a youtube video like that could be pretty cool to watch. ;)

Ahhh, don't beat yourself up too bad. It's happened to just about all of us at one point or another. You have to start somewhere and the only way to learn is through trial and error, right?

Your right, but I need to better educate my self. This jersey is a joke. I never want to buy something this crappy again.

Sorry to hear about that. If it weren't for this site, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between fake and real. Nor would I ever even know there were so many fakes. Never crossed my mind until I started buying them. I hope you get your money back, but a youtube video like that could be pretty cool to watch. ;)

I'm still a bit shocked my self. I could see NFL, NBA jerseys faked...Even though NHL sweaters have about a 1000% more character. I am still shocked that there are that many NHL counterfeit jerseys being passed around.

I feel like I have another calling, and that calling, is to call out all of these shysters on eBay.

I am baiting our seller to see if we can burn his $40.00 counterfeit jersey, and get my money back.

My wife says I'm an idiot for buying it (after she handles a real one, and a fake one), and she wants the money back. I think I would get more satisfaction burning this PIECE OF s*** and leaving negative feedback.

-Meta