Signatures on jerseys

CJ Matthews

It wasn't ink - it was signed in Kovie's raw talent, which like the signature has faded significantly over the years :D

LMFAO

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you are most likely correct - although its sad to admit it as I never would like a player like Kovalev to have this ability fade away!

Well age does that to everyone (well that and if your robitalle or kovalev just play for the Rangers your ability disappears too).

• 8 months later...

Question for those that may know... How well do sharpies write/look on a Authentic Edge 1.0 jersey if it's signed on the "bead-away" material? There's a signing session and would like to get my 07 Western ASG jersey signed but the jersey won't be crested with the players name in time (This Thursday) so I figured I'd get the front signed for the sake of it.

Thanks!

Question for those that may know... How well do sharpies write/look on a Authentic Edge 1.0 jersey if it's signed on the "bead-away" material? There's a signing session and would like to get my 07 Western ASG jersey signed but the jersey won't be crested with the players name in time (This Thursday) so I figured I'd get the front signed for the sake of it.

Thanks!

You can have it done on the front crest

Got a Giroux Winter Classic signed for a friend's Christmas present last night. We couldn't decide where to get the signature, since the numbers are felt. We were worried that the felt would fray over time, and the signature would slowly peel away. We were also worried that the Sharpie would bleed a bit more on the felt. In the end, we had him sign on the right front shoulder, where the WC patches used to be in past years. He signed it "To Kim, Go Flyers, Claude Giroux"... she's gonna freak.

What's the best way to get autographs? Just by going to practices or hanging out around the player's entrance to the arena after the game? The canes do a "carnival" in the fall before the beginning of the season, but it's crazy packed and you're lucky to even have a chance to see one or two guys.

Got a Giroux Winter Classic signed for a friend's Christmas present last night. We couldn't decide where to get the signature, since the numbers are felt. We were worried that the felt would fray over time, and the signature would slowly peel away. We were also worried that the Sharpie would bleed a bit more on the felt. In the end, we had him sign on the right front shoulder, where the WC patches used to be in past years. He signed it "To Kim, Go Flyers, Claude Giroux"... she's gonna freak.

You went last night? I was there too, I didn't go to Jagr since I wanted autos and he ended up signing anyway :( I ended up going to Meszaros, Couts and Lappy to meet Lappy....who wasn't there. Gah.

Why didn't you get the crest signed in silver? That looks great.

You went last night? I was there too, I didn't go to Jagr since I wanted autos and he ended up signing anyway :( I ended up going to Meszaros, Couts and Lappy to meet Lappy....who wasn't there. Gah.

Why didn't you get the crest signed in silver? That looks great.

It was actually my friends who went and used my tickets. I decided not to go.

We grabbed some Early Entry ones on eBay a couple hours before the game, and they were able to get a bunch signed.

- Jagr and Bryzgalov on my hat (I only get it signed by my favorite players, and only wear it to games)

- Giroux on the gift jersey

- Jagr, Voracek, Schenn, and Lilja on my signature jersey

We debated the crest as well, but again... its felt. We were worried about how it may hold up over time.

And yea, people have a right to be upset about the whole Jagr thing. That's crap that they said he'd only be doing pictures, but then ended up signing anyway. I was happy they did, because my friends didn't get my hat signed at Early Entry, but I can definitely understand how people would be upset.

I am waiting fo Jagr to a signing here in Toronto he has to clean his image up with the Fans so maybe that is why he decided to sign .As always stated

ITS UP TO THE PLAYER IF HE SIGNS AND WHAT THEY SIGN

As I had mentioned earlier, I like to get pucks signed. For those of you who go to the arenas to buy pucks I know they charge something like $18 a puck at MSG, but my friend gave me this website for buying pucks if anybody is interested. I haven't ordered yet, but I assume he has and that they are legit.

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=NHLGP9

I am not one for signatures on jerseys (although i do have a Jagr Liberty Auto'd when I met him a few years ago) but I like ones with inscriptions like this (I know there are alot of fake auto's out there but something like this i dont think you fake).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTO-MARION-GABORIK-WILD-GAME-JERSEY-W-FIGHT-STRAP-RARE-1-KIND-/160693801695?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256a18d2df

Same here I like to put either hof year or Roy or goal totals but again some players will only put name and # and as Mrio goes anything more cost more $$$$

I just started getting game pucks signed and cubed, I think they look fantastic. I'll take a pic when I get home.

I wish I got the early access tix, I didn't think they'd pop up. I would have loved to have had those, because my trip this year was awful.

I am waiting fo Jagr to a signing here in Toronto he has to clean his image up with the Fans so maybe that is why he decided to sign .As always stated

ITS UP TO THE PLAYER IF HE SIGNS AND WHAT THEY SIGN

In most cases yes. What we're referring to was a Season Ticket Holder event for the Flyers last night, where the point is to get autographs. They actually even state "no posed pictures" for every player in past years, and the whole point is just to go and get things signed.

This year, for some reason, about 4 hours before the event, they announced that Jagr would JUST be posing for pictures, but then after about 10 minutes, he sat down, stopped doing pictures, and signed things. A lot of people were upset with the miscommunication.

In most cases yes. What we're referring to was a Season Ticket Holder event for the Flyers last night, where the point is to get autographs. They actually even state "no posed pictures" for every player in past years, and the whole point is just to go and get things signed.

This year, for some reason, about 4 hours before the event, they announced that Jagr would JUST be posing for pictures, but then after about 10 minutes, he sat down, stopped doing pictures, and signed things. A lot of people were upset with the miscommunication.

Yes I would be as well I will always take something in case maybe a multi signed picture so it does not look like I am just getting him to sign

I get pictures signed, I keep: a) A NHL shield logo B) Islanders logo c) Visiting Team logo in my binder at all times (only when I plan on going for visiting team's autos, I'll bring their logo page).

I went to a Sharks practice yesterday and wore my Thornton away Edge. I've debated getting a signature

on the number... got caught up in the moment and thought, what the heck, I'll ask Joe to sign it.

Jumbo blew me off. Honestly, I was the ONE person wanting an autograph that failed to get one from

ANY of the coaches or players. I'm taking this as an omen - the nays have it.

- You'll shoot your eye out, kid.

Don't feel bad, your not the only one Joe Thornton has ignored. I once read a story about how a bunch of special needs kids were visiting the Sharks and after the game wanted to get some autographs and talk to the players. The team bus wasn't suppose to leave for 45 minutes but Joe Thornton and Dany Heatley ignored the kids and sat in the empty bus waiting for it to leave.

Don't feel bad, your not the only one Joe Thornton has ignored. I once read a story about how a bunch of special needs kids were visiting the Sharks and after the game wanted to get some autographs and talk to the players. The team bus wasn't suppose to leave for 45 minutes but Joe Thornton and Dany Heatley ignored the kids and sat in the empty bus waiting for it to leave.

That's disgusting. I'm all for the "these guys are normal people and may be having a bad day" if someone approaches them at the mall or something.

But to ignore kids, especially ones with special needs, just because you don't feel like it, and just sit on an empty bus. That's disgusting.

I got Kovalchuk's auto last night on a stick, which is what I like besides getting a jersey signed. It was reasonably priced at $49. Brodeur was there too but I have a friend who has some connections who can get his auto, so I'd save $99. There's some pretty good signings coming up here, Doughty, Quick, Giroux, Kesler, Marcel Dionne.

As I had mentioned earlier, I like to get pucks signed. For those of you who go to the arenas to buy pucks I know they charge something like $18 a puck at MSG, but my friend gave me this website for buying pucks if anybody is interested. I haven't ordered yet, but I assume he has and that they are legit.

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=NHLGP9

Thanks for the link. Going to order a few and try to get some signed as christmas gifts. Assuming these are legit also, unless anyone else knows otherwise.

I have 2 jerseys with sigs.

One is a Danville Trashers replica that was bought that way the other is a Notre Dame v-ball jersey that I won an auction for and had no choice (some silly NCAA rules or something).

But since the Trashers is dark you can't see it and the v-ball won't be worn, its not a biggie.

If I was forced at gunpoint to get an autograph I would do it on the fight strap.