It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

whee, got my ASG jersey back from EPS this morning. Looks amazing, the only problem I have is that they used the vinyl junky patch instead of the embroidered patch, but Josh told me they didn't have the embroidered patches available. He told me that they'd replace it for me if i could get one of them - so i have one on order and i'll have that part re-done, then it'll be perfect. Super happy with the way that it turned out.

5568262442_14782dc041_z.jpg

5568260800_34270e681f_z.jpg

5567673051_8261cdcc82_z.jpg

5567671135_b7c858b73e_z.jpg

5567666731_7e3b51e5c7_z.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The numbers are that Sublistitch stuff right?

yea, only on the back - and only on the top (burgundy) layer. side and chest numbers are not ....i can't remember wtf reebok calls it. superfit or something.

side/chest numbers are just standard numbering - beautiful work by EPS though on the stitching. I'm happy.

I thought EPS was doing 3 layers even on the back, but just subliminating the crap on the top one? Looks great though!

I thought EPS was doing 3 layers even on the back, but just subliminating the crap on the top one? Looks great though!

you're right - maybe I didn't word it correctly, but that's correct. 3 layers all around - but on the back numbers, the top layer is subliminated or whatever. SmoothFit i think is RBK's name for it!

you're right - maybe I didn't word it correctly, but that's correct. 3 layers all around - but on the back numbers, the top layer is subliminated or whatever. SmoothFit i think is RBK's name for it!

Ah ok cool. I like how your's turned out, thanks for posting picks! Now I have to send out my Giroux.

remember to grab an embroidered flyers patch for the shoulder before sending it and ship it with the jersey :D

Haha I have a stockpile. But noted ;)

Kasper is a good choice because of the 11 letters (is that why he wore 11? Sounds like a good reason to me lol). Or you could go the normal route and go Berard (slap a 25th patch on and it is a Calder Year :thumbsup: ) or Ziggy.

This is a 2002 Slovakia Peter Bondra jersey from the World Championships where Bondra not only led the tournament in goals, but scored the game winning goal against Russia in the final. It's been one of my grails for some time now and I'm pretty thrilled to have it completed.

It was actually a later era jersey, with the second version of the Slovakia Ice Hockey Federation logo. I had that covered up with a "nameplate" for the A to raise the level of accuracy as much as possible. While the actual Bondra jersey did not have such a "letterplate", there is a precent for them back when Tackla made dye sublimated jerseys for national teams and the letters were not always known in advance of the tournament and they needed to be added later on.

The SkodaAuto patches are some of my homemade ones.

2148793530100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2428010910100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

2289858110100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2610815920100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Got two more of the practice jerseys I like in today.

2729124720107003020S500x500Q85.jpg

2729476130107003020S500x500Q85.jpg

Awesome pickups for everybody. That Skinner jersey looks great. I love seeing the great additions in this thread almost everyday.

whee, got my ASG jersey back from EPS this morning. Looks amazing, the only problem I have is that they used the vinyl junky patch instead of the embroidered patch, but Josh told me they didn't have the embroidered patches available. He told me that they'd replace it for me if i could get one of them - so i have one on order and i'll have that part re-done, then it'll be perfect. Super happy with the way that it turned out.

It looks stick!

I bet ebay is full of legit patches for that jersey bro.

Jeff, is that the one you got from me? Awesome to see what you have done with it!

Yes, that is the one. Turned out pretty good. I forgot to mention it started out life with a heat sealed crest too. It's now got an embroidered one sewn over the top of that as well.

A bunch of replicas I got cheap... like my $15 Marshall's specials

Sadly it doesnt seem like much had changed. Did they use an Edge nameplate? Its tough as well because the Flyers WC jerseys used a different material for the nameplates than they currently use right now. On their new road jerseys this year they use twill nameplates. On the WC Im not 100% sure exactly what material it was but it was not twill or edge material.

The numbers are a bit off. Below is a pic of a game worn Carter WC. The border is a bit thicker on the gamers than on yours. And on the Briere they used the 8's (both on the back and sleeves) that were used for the black and white jerseys the Flyers have used in previous years. When they switched to the throwback jerseys, they went with narrower numbers (the second link shows the 8's now; its not of that jersey but its the best pic I could find that shows the shape)

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4506555&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4546&scId=4546

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4854145&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4546&scId=4546

My jersey had these errors as well. But remember too, my jersey was bought for full price versus the sweet deals you got your WC's for LOL.

Okay guys, After years of searching for my grail, I gave up and decided to have one fabricated myself.

The uncrested jersey with the stars came from Hockey Jerseys Direct, The patches were picked up on e-bay, thanks to "nerd-girl"... The kit came from Truman via GameDay Sports Archives who I CANT STRESS ENOUGH did a FANTASTIC job working with me. He even cut the "WALES" twill drop shadow letters on the front, sent photos for approval before shipping, and I am very happy with the finished product! Max's Hockey Shed in little Havertown,PA did a solid job on the sewing...

Now I know the jersey isn't perfect as I requested the numbers on the back be cut a little larger than the actual game jerseys, I think it looks better. The collar is missing a white stripe but I am willing to overlook that after searching all these years...

2615755650106460649SiKWSv_th.jpg

2962574060106460649QMjNoo_th.jpg