It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the Reebok vector and NHL shield on the red one though? :)

Where are the Reebok vector and NHL shield on the red one though? :)

Ouch! Can't believe I missed that.....is the white one good to pick up?

Looks legit to me.

Hello everyone, I recently bought an LA Kings Vintage 1989 Away Jersey (Wayne Gretzky) for 50$ and wanted to know if it was a good deal and if it's a real one.

I maybe new to this forum but I did my research and I only found a guide about RBK Edge jerseys and since mine is a CCM i'm a bit confused.

I'm sure you guys can help me and I hope i'm not disturbing anyone with my question.
P.S: Sorry if there's any faults in what I wrote, my first language being French.

Until then, farewell!

post-20913-0-22883000-1387754997_thumb.jpost-20913-0-66147400-1387754997_thumb.jpost-20913-0-83779600-1387755040_thumb.jpost-20913-0-96549900-1387755075_thumb.jpost-20913-0-70294600-1387755109_thumb.j

The jersey is a legitimate replica. A new one sells for considerably more than that so if it's in good shape, the price is a pretty decent one. The lettering could be more accurate though...

looks like the run of the mill HoH replicas that are massed produced. the silver on white customization was the first generation style done on the old Chevy logo Kings jerseys, which was from 1988 - 91. for $50 you got a very good deal on it. people resell these on ebay all the time to the unsuspecting masses for upwards of $250 regularly. normal retail iirc is like $125 - $150

You guys rock!
Thanks for the help, i knew it was a replica but I still wasn't sure.

I'm glad to hear I had a pretty good deal, the next jersey I should get is the 1988 Edmonton Oilers home jersey.
I'm starting a vintage jersey collection and I wanted some advice.

Once again, you guys are awesome, thanks. :P

It's a 2.0, as advertised.

It's a 2.0, as advertised.

has the 7187 on the neck tag. also the vector logo, thought they using the word mark now

i am always learning around here with you guys

has the 7187 on the neck tag. also the vector logo, thought they using the word mark now

i am always learning around here with you guys

Both 1.0s and 2.0s have 7187 on the neck tag and early 2.0s used the vector.

You can tell by the shape of the jersey as well as the airknit panels on the front, shoulders and arms. On the 1.0's they are a very different texture (bubble mesh and x-trafil). It says 7187 on both 1.0's and 2.0's so you can't go by the tag.

Both 1.0s and 2.0s have 7187 on the neck tag and early 2.0s used the vector.

ok...

just looked at the ones on Meigrey again and they list them also as 1.0s.

moral of the story continues to be how f'd up the Edge series has been handled. continual confusion about the product line

You can tell by the shape of the jersey as well as the airknit panels on the front, shoulders and arms. On the 1.0's they are a very different texture (bubble mesh and x-trafil). It says 7187 on both 1.0's and 2.0's so you can't go by the tag.

i thought the ID # was only on the hang tags. i didn't realize they mis-number the neck tag as well on some of them. what a cluster

just looked at the ones on Meigrey again and they list them also as 1.0's.

Actually the listings are correct- the ones marked 1.0's are indeed that, and the others marked 2.0 are 2.0's.

The 1.0's have skinnier arms, and the sleeve edges are more tapered. The 2.0's have wider arms and the sleeve edges are more straight-cut. You can see some airknit holes in some of the 2.0 pics. On the 1.0's the shoulders and parts of the arms are smooth (x-trafil, which looks very much like ultrafil), with no airknit holes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pittsburg-Penguins-Crosby-Jersey-XXL-/231117165234?_ilink=&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI231117165234.N9.S1.M-84&nma=true&si=ZdVFaY1653cGYHdYqhUIHLwFBCg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Lost this auction but I got a 2nd chance to win it.. it's a legit replica.. but it looks a bit nicer than the replicas that I see at Consol Energy Center..

That is an vintage style replica, but not itself "vintage", keep that in mind in terms of calling your would-be collection a vintage collection.

Nothing wrong with collecting vintage style replicas if that's what you are into.

I'll keep that in mind as i'm a newbie in NHL jersey collecting, thanks for the help, I appreciate it a lot.
If any of you guys have hookups for some vintage jerseys, I would like that a lot.

I'm new to this forum and I already like my experience here, everyone here is awesome.
I'll surely contribute with anything I can.

Posted this in the ebay section a couple days ago but anyone know if this is real? The logo looks a little to new to me almost. Would imagine it being cracked at least.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231120847682?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Anyone know the back story of this Team Canada jersey? Had to be introduced sometime after 02 (Gold trim) and it features the shoulder patches that were worn during 06

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Canada-Jersey-Authentic-size-54-Nike-Limited-Edition-Early-2000s-/331091837395?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4d169c81d3