2008 3rd Jersey Thread

Cooke-yMonster

Yea, I agree on the striping issues as mentioned early. I guess considering how many teams are going to black this year we should be thankful that its just a darker blue, not black.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurricanes Unveil Third Jersey!

Click here: http://icethetics.blogspot.com/

I actually like it. Nice design overall.

Here is the fact sheet including the list of 15 games in which the Hurricanes will wear it. Though I think the shoulder patches should be color instead of black and white.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/ext/Third%20Jers...act%20Sheet.pdf

Though I think the shoulder patches should be color instead of black and white.

I agree with you on that sentiment. I do like the look, I especially like how they kept the shoulder piping off of it. If they'd remove that on the home and road jerseys, I think you'd have a heckuva set. I do like the black pants with it, part of me has always wondered how black pants and helmets would look with the regular set.

Apparantly the Wild won't be having a 3rd this upcoming season afterall.

http://ww3.startribune.com/blogs/wildblog/...o-be-announced/

"One other thing: I've gotten a number of emails this summer regarding when the Wild will unveil its third jersey. The Wild is not having a third jersey this season but is exploring one for 2009-10."

Bruins unveiled their 3rd today.

http://ccrawford11.typepad.com/hubhockey/2...3rd-jersey.html

Apparantly the Wild won't be having a 3rd this upcoming season afterall.

http://ww3.startribune.com/blogs/wildblog/...o-be-announced/

"One other thing: I've gotten a number of emails this summer regarding when the Wild will unveil its third jersey. The Wild is not having a third jersey this season but is exploring one for 2009-10."

Bruins unveiled their 3rd today.

http://ccrawford11.typepad.com/hubhockey/2...3rd-jersey.html

I love that Bruins jersey but I kinda miss the yellow hemline as shown on these prototypes(?)

http://bp0.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/SB5Rda...0d796bb39_o.jpg

I love that Bruins jersey but I kinda miss the yellow hemline as shown on these prototypes(?)

http://bp0.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/SB5Rda...0d796bb39_o.jpg

I agree the yellow hemline stripe makes a big difference to me. I'm not a fan of the Bruins alt logo - works as a shoulder patch but not a crest.

As for the 'Canes - I like it although I agree there are too many black jerseys out there. I don't seem to mind as much if black is one of the team's secondary colors. So a black Chicago or San Jose jersey doesn't bother me much, but if Colorado or the Rangers did it I'd hate it automatically.

I agree the yellow hemline stripe makes a big difference to me. I'm not a fan of the Bruins alt logo - works as a shoulder patch but not a crest.

As for the 'Canes - I like it although I agree there are too many black jerseys out there. I don't seem to mind as much if black is one of the team's secondary colors. So a black Chicago or San Jose jersey doesn't bother me much, but if Colorado or the Rangers did it I'd hate it automatically.

I wonder what the Bruins third jersey would have looked like if it were all yellow with black pants, yellow socks, black gloves. I agree that there is a lot of black being worn in the NHL

I agree, it works great as a shoulder patch and there just seems to be not enough space taking up by the logo. There is just not enough "there" in "there" for an aesthetic point of view. Still, it could've been worse.

p576791reg.jpg

I wonder what the Bruins third jersey would have looked like if it were all yellow with black pants, yellow socks, black gloves. I agree that there is a lot of black being worn in the NHL

I agree if they had made their 3rd jersey primarily yellow it could be good. Take their old third jersey - put the new crest on it, throw the tradtional "B" circle crests on the shoulders and maybe do something better than the zig-zag striping and you'd have a winner.

Considering they already have a black jersey for their home jersey, I think having a black 3rd jersey is dumb.

quick photoshop to show what i mean ... (bored at work)

post-853-1221233552_thumb.jpg

That looks sharp. I like the logo with the yellow background. This would have made a nice jersey.

That looks sharp. I like the logo with the yellow background. This would have made a nice jersey.

Don't you mean, this would have made a nice FLAMES 3rd jersey? ;)

I wonder what it would like like if it had the Flames logo on it :unsure:

I love that Bruins jersey but I kinda miss the yellow hemline as shown on these prototypes(?) [/url]

It's truly amazing to me how a simple thing as leaving off the gold waist trim seen in the prototype photos

BBPTJ.jpg

immediately changes this from one of the coolest looking jerseys in the entire league into a stupid looking, overpriced sweatshirt.

doofus-1.jpg

He looks like he's saying;

"Yo, this would look awesome tucked in!!!"

I hate Reebok to no end.

I have two issues with the Hurricanes new alt. The grey on black shoulder logos are quite baffling. Why wouldn't they use the colored version?

Also, the grey on black waist stripe just isn't right at all. The hurricane warning flag is red with a black center. Shouldn't that be a given that you can't change? Now it's lost it's meaning and is just a dull colored geometric stripe.

Other than the greying out of those two elements, I like that one much better than most.

Also, the grey on black waist stripe just isn't right at all. The hurricane warning flag is red with a black center. Shouldn't that be a given that you can't change? Now it's lost it's meaning and is just a dull colored geometric stripe.

It's a fog warning!! Run for the lives of your hairdos!!

Don't you mean, this would have made a nice FLAMES 3rd jersey? ;)

I wonder what it would like like if it had the Flames logo on it :unsure:

Like I said, it was just a quick photoshop ... I grabbed the flames pic because it had a similar design but without the zig-zag line crap on the previous Bruins 3rd.

And as for the comment from Jeff about the 'Canes flag logo - I agree the more they do to it, the more it loses significance. The funny part that I didn't realize until recently is that it's not actually the warning flag for a hurricane - one flag is a storm warning - two flags are for a hurricane - but I think the logo would look odd with two flags.

Wow that looks really good. A few years ago after the Bufflslug debuted there was talk about putting alternate designs that did not make it onto jerseys you could buy. I wonder if an underground (due to trademark) movement might begin some year with alternate jersey designs by fans that you could buy?

The funny part that I didn't realize until recently is that it's not actually the warning flag for a hurricane

Heh...yeah, I remember saying that when I saw the jersey design back in 1997. I guess two flags would be a little too jumbled though.