2008 3rd Jersey Thread

Cooke-yMonster

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I'm someone who actually likes the "Bufflaslug" logo, I still have a good deal of fondness for the classic Buffalo logo. With the new Sabres 3rd jerseys - I like the logo but I can't get past the "new meets old" mix of classic striping and colors with the underarm color and silver piping.

St Louis unveiled their thirds today. I am really liking these third jerseys that are coming out this year. So far the Bruins one is the only one that I am not that excited about.

BluesThird1.jpg

BluesThird2.jpg

BluesThird3.jpg

With the new Sabres 3rd jerseys - I like the logo but I can't get past the "new meets old" mix of classic striping and colors with the underarm color and silver piping.

I agree, why not just go back to the old one which is still popular instead of trying to modernize it?

That Blues jersey is nice.

The Blues jerseys is pretty good ... I'm just starting to feel like "dark navy blue" is the new black. Plus the circular logo reminds me a bit too much of the Pens baby blue logo. Then again I am just being picky - this being St. Louis it could be *MUCH* worse hehe.

The Blues jersey looks so much like the Sabres jersey, and the logo mimics the Penguins classic and Wild home jersey logo. Oh well it's not bad but too similar to others, I like how they incorporated the arch, I had mixed feelings when I heard about it in rumors.

That Authentic Sabres jersey is going on my Xmas Wishlist, just need to figure out the name going on it, likely Vanek or Sekeras.

I like the Blues' thirds, along with the Sabres and Carolina. Boston's looks a little too plain without a stripe of something at the hemline. So far, not too bad, but still quite a few to be officially released.

I have to admit, not bad. I hope they don't get rid of the regular blue home jersey. That color scheme is one of my favorites. The new thirds so far are wayyy better than the ones released last season. I'm impressed. The new Bruins one isn't that great, but I do like how it looks like the old jersey from the Neely days.

The Kings slightly changed their font on their black uniforms adding a 3rd layer (just like white uniforms).

Canadiens will wear 6 former jerseys against the original 6 this season:

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=383226

Closer look at all the Habs retro jerseys.

http://icethetics.blogspot.com/2008/09/hab...ml#comment-form

Surprisingly, one of them is a CCM Vintage instead of the usualy Reebok Edge.

Considering that they will only wear these jerseys for one year, I'm sure the authentics will become collectibles.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the latest third jersey from the Thrashers, the image is TOUGH to see but I still say bleh. I just hate that underarm striping.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,113498

Here is the latest third jersey from the Thrashers, the image is TOUGH to see but I still say bleh. I just hate that underarm striping.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,113498

I don't mind the maroon (hey atleast it's not black) but I continue to be perplexed by the Thrasher's style.

I don't like the Thrashers ones at all BUT I do like the Leafs new one and I LOVE the Oilers new one. Especially with that 30th anny patch on the shoulder. That mother is HOT!

Something tells me that I'm gonna end up with all of those Habs thirds too...

Over the past 2 days 3 new 3rd were unveiled.

Oilers

Oilers3rd.jpg

Leafs

Leafs3rd.jpg

Thrashers

Kovalchuk3rd.jpg

Thrashers3rd.jpg

The Thrashers one isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Will still probably get one to add to the Kovalchuk collection.

Oh NO! Those white arms make it look like a sleeveless jersey. The bird on the shoulders reminds me of the Vancouver Giants too. I don't like it.

Looks like Tampa and Philly both leaked. Both what we've thought for a while I guess.

The Flyers ones are great. I love the white nameplate. The Lightning ones though? Nah. What's with the TAMPA BAY on the hem? Booooo.

Something tells me that I'm gonna end up with all of those Habs thirds too...

I am right there with you as well- those are sharp!

Edit: This is the one I was thinking off but all 6 are really sharp!

Chandail_rouge_P_165.jpg

LEEavalier?

I actually like the Tampa third, except I think they should have had the numbering be less plain - go with something more like the BOLTS font on the front - like the Pred's numbering.

I don't dig the Flyers third - well because I don't like the Flyers and I hate the color orange so I don't like any of their jerseys.

That being said, I do like the Oiler's 3rd (despite it having some orange). Of the "classic" style 3rd jerseys I think it is hands down the best.

Flyers... Why is the nameplate white?

It's a throwback thing, I don't know if this is 100% accurate but:

Why the white nameplate? Originally many teams only had names on their home jerseys, however televised games during the 70's would occasionally have both teams wearing the player's names. A lack of orange nameplates meant that the Flyers used the white ones they had. It could have been terrible, but it actually looked good. (At least that's the way I heard it...)

Source, HockeyWidgets

I'm not convinced on the nameplate either, but overall I like the jersey. Bolts is dull, and Thrashers to me looks awful. The big front number, the white arms and the wordmark? Triple crap, well done Reebok.