2008 3rd Jersey Thread

Cooke-yMonster

Some guy in Indonesia is selling Reebok premier new thirds right now. I am considering rolling the dice and buying a Sabres one because I have a discount code...

http://shop.ebay.com/items/__nhl-2008-thir...sidZm38Q2el1313

I think we had a discussion in one of the other threads about the Premier jerseys from Indonesia. If I recall correctly the prevailing thought was that unlike the ones from China, these might just be ones from the RBK factory and not knockoffs. That is all based on the idea that the Premier jerseys are made in Indonesia which sounds right but I've been wrong before.

Anyway, I just might have to pick one up and see for myself if they are knockoffs.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Doggies! So far, according to icethetics, its a leak... The jersey itself is to be introduced November 28th.

BluVLUq8X7COYOTES3RD.jpg

I can't say that I'm a fan of this one. I'm actually disappointed. I think the leaping Coyote would be better on the shoulder. I kinda like the coyote pawprint shoulder logo. I would've loved to have seen them add the moon logo in though and I still hope they don't get rid of the PHX logo.

And..."BlackArmor", set for a November 21st release for the San Jose Sharks...

http://icethetics.blogspot.com/2008/10/bla...next-month.html

I miss the PHX Arizona patch. They are pushing the paw print logo more on everything. I like the red trim below the elbows and I think it will look better when in front of me and numbered. I'm getting ready to hear "Back In Black" ad nauseum at the Black Friday game when they unleash them.

I think we had a discussion in one of the other threads about the Premier jerseys from Indonesia. If I recall correctly the prevailing thought was that unlike the ones from China, these might just be ones from the RBK factory and not knockoffs. That is all based on the idea that the Premier jerseys are made in Indonesia which sounds right but I've been wrong before.

Anyway, I just might have to pick one up and see for myself if they are knockoffs.

No need to...I just bought a Sabres XL...shipped total is 60 bucks after the 10% off eBay discount code. Let's hope for the best! I'll take detailed photos!

No need to...I just bought a Sabres XL...shipped total is 60 bucks after the 10% off eBay discount code. Let's hope for the best! I'll take detailed photos!

Please keep us posted! That's one Sabres jersey I am really looking to add to my collection. If that is a good quality jersey, I may have to give it a go with that seller.

So what do you think of the new third anyway? Its great to see that logo coming back, modernized or not. Me personally, I'm kinda hoping they put that crest on their current home/away set.

Please keep us posted! That's one Sabres jersey I am really looking to add to my collection. If that is a good quality jersey, I may have to give it a go with that seller.

So what do you think of the new third anyway? Its great to see that logo coming back, modernized or not. Me personally, I'm kinda hoping they put that crest on their current home/away set.

I have always loved the colors of the new Sabres jersey but hate the logo. Old logo on the new jersey and viola! a modernized classic. I am not too sure about the new alt third because I really have to see how that deeper blue works in person but really anything is better than the slug.

I agree that the dark navy with the yellow and the silver striping are great. I also really like the Bufflaslug, but I'm fully aware that I'm in the minority on that one.

Old logo on the new jersey and viola! a modernized classic.

I have to agree with you on that one. I am hoping that's what they do in the next few years and to be honest with you, I'd love to get the new white one, but I want to wait and see if they put the old logo on the main set. They do that, and I'll be owning one soon.

I picked up one of the Coyotes 3rds that seller from Indonesia was selling. It is pretty sweet. That guy doesn't have any of the unreleased 3rds for sale at the moment. They are scheduled to be released on November 29. I wonder if there was a cease-and-desist notice sent to that guy. I don't need to post photos, the one a few posts ago with the Icethetics watermark is sufficient. This jersey looks exactly like that. Someway, someday, I need to get an authentic with the nice embroidered sleeve patches, ya know.

Blackhawks wearing their 3rds in tonights game. Not the best picture, but it is the only one I have found so far.

Havlat3rd.jpg

Edit: Additional picture added.

Blackhawks1.jpg

Been lurking for awhile....I like collecting jerseys that I wear during pick up hockey...have about 20...most are the practice jesery type.

Came across this pic of the Blackhawk jersey they will wear for the winter classic...sorry if it's a repost..

blackhawks.jpg

Edit: Additional picture added.

Blackhawks1.jpg

I think its a great example of a jersey working well in black. I know there has been this trend to make the third jerseys black but only certain teams can really pull it off. Of course, I think it has as much to do with the great logo of the Indian Head and the coloring as it does anything else.

I have to agree with you on that one. I am hoping that's what they do in the next few years and to be honest with you, I'd love to get the new white one, but I want to wait and see if they put the old logo on the main set. They do that, and I'll be owning one soon.

Zoom, I participated in the slug replacement program...

DSC00504.jpg

And here are pics of my third...arrived today! Got to leave work early to vote and this was on the door step. Looks like the real deal Reebok Premier to me but I'm no expert. I love it!

DSC01001.jpg

DSC01003.jpg

Closer look at all the Habs retro jerseys.

http://icethetics.blogspot.com/2008/09/hab...ml#comment-form

Surprisingly, one of them is a CCM Vintage instead of the usualy Reebok Edge.

Considering that they will only wear these jerseys for one year, I'm sure the authentics will become collectibles.

I noticed in the River City Catalog that the first 3 Habs jerseys are available in January 09. I assume the other 3 will be available in Jan 10. CW- what's the availability on the jerseys at IJ?

That looks great! How is the blue is it too dark? It looks pretty good from the pics you took.

It is the exact same shade of blue for the current jerseys. The flash makes it seem lighter than it is. The crest also matches the blue of the jersey, it's just the twill of the logo is more reflective than the polyester of the jersey.

I have to admit, the more I see that Pittsburgh blue jersey, the more I love it. Its showing up on my short list of jerseys that are must haves.

The Stars have unveiled theirs.

http://stars.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...rticleid=393053

Personally, I like it despite it not being very original. I got a chance this past weekend to see the regular away whites in person and I have to admit, I like them, so that helped me like this one. I still expect to see this one become their away jersey in the next couple of seasons. I would like to see more color on this one, but I'm still pleased.

I have to admit, the more I see that Pittsburgh blue jersey, the more I love it. Its showing up on my short list of jerseys that are must haves.

The Stars have unveiled theirs.

http://stars.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...rticleid=393053

Personally, I like it despite it not being very original. I got a chance this past weekend to see the regular away whites in person and I have to admit, I like them, so that helped me like this one. I still expect to see this one become their away jersey in the next couple of seasons. I would like to see more color on this one, but I'm still pleased.

It looks like you finished your move to the Dallas area. I hope everything went well.

I'm still not a fan of what the "Edge" program did to the Stars' look. I miss their old "star" design.

It looks like you finished your move to the Dallas area. I hope everything went well.

I'm still not a fan of what the "Edge" program did to the Stars' look. I miss their old "star" design.

I agree. I think the star logo should be primary. If not, I was hoping they would go back to something similar to their most recent CCM's with the star outline. With the numbers being front and center, they remind me too much of basketball jerseys.

I have a picture of the Kings jersey, I'll post it tonight. :) I'm at school right now

Thank you for the well wishes!

I'm hoping this will be the last time I ever move out of state. Talk about a frustrating experience. On the bright side though, the Plano Dr. Pepper Star Center rink is right down the road from my neighborhood and I was able to stop by today and check out the Stars Stuff store. Sure enough, they had just received their stock of the new third jersey. It looks good in person, but I just wish there'd be more variety other than two white jerseys and a black. I found this one on the Stars board yesterday and I'd love to see it become a fourth jersey in some form.

Dallas%20Stars%20in%20Black.jpg

I do agree with you on the old star design. Everytime I see it, I like it. I have the green jersey, but for some reason have always liked the white one better. Maybe in time I'll add it to my collection. I was a big fan of the post-North Stars black jersey that they wore up until 98-99. The arched DALLAS over the number look has grown on me, but it doesn't scream hockey to me.

No purple on the jersey. I just hope the numbers will be silver!