2008 3rd Jersey Thread

Cooke-yMonster

Yup, I saw it too. That was great. It doesn't happen often though because I think Toronto and Dallas are the only teams with white third jerseys; unless you count Detroit's Winter Classic jersey and Montreal's Centennial jersey too.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the rejected designs from here: http://coyotes.nhl.com/team/app/?service=p...rticleid=395699

My favorite part of the jersey is that there are no laces on it, I'm one of the few who finds those annoying. There was one design I wouldn't have minded - the Coyote running with the moon, mountain and cacti in the background. It would have lessened the 'roadkill' effect. B)

I actually really liked the circular logo with the big "P" in the middle... kind of an old school, simple concept. I do like the style they went with as well... hopefully Ill be getting the new premier jersey for Christmas.

Kings 3rd jersey finally in action. Thoughts about the real world version of the jersey?

Something about that white piping on the shoulders looks nice to my eye.

post-52-1229627562_thumb.jpg

Kings 3rd jersey finally in action. Thoughts about the real world version of the jersey?

Something about that white piping on the shoulders looks nice to my eye.

I like the jersey, the league was missing a black, white and silver jersey, in my opinion.

I like the jersey, the league was missing a black, white and silver jersey, in my opinion.

I like it too. I always liked the Chevy logo Kings jersey and its good to see them have those colors again. Their current set is okay, but to me is starting to become dated and time for a change. I just don't like that logo on it.

As for the Coyotes third, if they would've added the moon behind it then a cactus, it'd be a huge improvement in my opinion. A sand colored jersey would've been interesting to see.

I am watching the Blues/Devils game on VS and I just gotta say, those Blues 3rds look really good. Figure Shandy will get a Kariya one someday.

I'm with you on the Blues 3rds. Those are what a jersey should look like.

I read an article about the sales figures on all the new 3rds, and the top five were all retro styles. I think the fans are speaking with their wallets. Hopefully someone in charge is listening...

Is it me or the the Blues wore their third jersey in 3 straight games?

• 4 weeks later...

Did you guys notice Modano war wearing the Stars' 3rd jersey during the skills cmpetition? I think it'll eventually become their away jersey.

I really like the Blues jersey, but I don't like the logo. No sense messing with a classic by adding more elements to it. Just use the bluenote and be done with it. But that's just me.

• 1 month later...
Did you guys notice Modano war wearing the Stars' 3rd jersey during the skills cmpetition? I think it'll eventually become their away jersey.

I looked at all their recent away games and they're not wearing their original away jersey anymore.

I looked at all their recent away games and they're not wearing their original away jersey anymore.

I tend to agree with you that it'll eventually become their away. Personally, I'd hate to see their current away jersey go bye-bye. I love the logo and would hate to see it relegated to shoulder status on the main set jerseys. If they do make the switch, I'm kinda hoping that they go to a green alternate with the Stars logo on it.

I tend to agree with you that it'll eventually become their away. Personally, I'd hate to see their current away jersey go bye-bye. I love the logo and would hate to see it relegated to shoulder status on the main set jerseys. If they do make the switch, I'm kinda hoping that they go to a green alternate with the Stars logo on it.

I agree. I don't want to see the current whites go away. Me personally I don't like the darks or the alternates myself. The jersey should have a star on it somewhere in my opinion and the shoulder logo just isn't enough. If the 3rds do indeed become the new roads, I really hope their new 3rd incorporates a Star in it somewhere in the logo.

I agree. I don't want to see the current whites go away. Me personally I don't like the darks or the alternates myself. The jersey should have a star on it somewhere in my opinion and the shoulder logo just isn't enough. If the 3rds do indeed become the new roads, I really hope their new 3rd incorporates a Star in it somewhere in the logo.

I like the darks and I think it'd be awesome to see them make a black jersey with the star logo and Texas shoulder patches, IMO, what they should've went with the first time around. With that being said, I do like the gold outline and that's one jersey that I'm wanting to make my first Edge authentic purchase. I particularly like how the shoulder patches on the black jersey stick out. As for the current third, its not a bad looking jersey to me, but its not one that I like that much and its not on my "must have" list unless I find a good deal on it somewhere. I am a little disappointed that they went that route for their alternate. Too plain. The addition of another white jersey to their set has me thinking that the current road will go bye-bye in time.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a good move in my opinion. That away jersey isn't very nice.

• 4 months later...

I noticed Icejerseys and River City Sports aren't offering the Blues' 3rd jersey anymore. I wonder why...

I noticed Icejerseys and River City Sports aren't offering the Blues' 3rd jersey anymore. I wonder why...

Sold out?

The Blues site isn't showing them in adult sizes either, so the mystery continues.

Sold out?

The Blues site isn't showing them in adult sizes either, so the mystery continues.

No more authentics are for sale. No where.

No more authentics are for sale. No where.

Probably out of stock. I'm sure they will have plenty on hand when training camp rolls around.