EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prospal%20white%20neck.jpg

Anyone know if any of the later CCM jerseys collar tags came like that?

I´ve only seen it like that on team issued jerseys but without the the CCM tag. One of my Roenick game worn jersey has that kind of size tagging but it's a RBK jersey

You're right Jeff, rookie wasn't the word I was looking for but first year with the team, its been a long day of studying, a mid term and trade deadlines.

What I find interesting is that Marcel Hossa is listed as #18 with the Coyotes, when he has been #81 since his junior days. He was #17, but switched to #81 as it was his birth year and his brothers number inversed. Its not like PHX has a rule against high numbers, as Mueller has #88. It would be interesting if Marian ended up with #81 and Marcel with #18, pulling the old switcher-oo.

Are there some tems with a rule against high numbers? I noticed this year the devils don't have high numbers and Kevin Weekes that usually was wearing 80 is now wearing 1.

Hall changed his number for 28

Devils do in fact have a rule against high numbers. As far as I know though, they are the only team with one.

Since when? Mogilny use to wear 89 with them. And whats the reason behind that rule?

I´ve only seen it like that on team issued jerseys but without the the CCM tag. One of my Roenick game worn jersey has that kind of size tagging but it's a RBK jersey

My 2003-4 season CCM authentic has that same upper tag, but the lower tag is a maple leaf with the size and "made in Canada", not the seperate sizing tag shown to the left in your picture. Perhaps that's a gameworn?

Since when? Mogilny use to wear 89 with them. And whats the reason behind that rule?

From what I've read, Lou has a rule that no player can wear over the number 40, unless they are en established and have worn that number before. Mogilny wore #89 before he came to new jersey and was already a star, so he got to keep it. Weeks changed to #40 before the season started, but switched to #1 at some point before the season started. There are a few other players I cant remember to wear over 40 in NJ, but they had history with the number before they got there.

Devils do in fact have a rule against high numbers. As far as I know though, they are the only team with one.

Yet another reason to hate that friggin' organization. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Yet another reason to hate that friggin' organization. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I'm pretty sure the Ducks do the same thing. And it's not ridiculous at all because that's the way teams used to be. The Ducks GM, whose name escapes me at the moment, said something like, "If it was good enough for the players then, it's good enough for them now." Not sure if that's the same reason Lamoriello does that but I'm guessing it's something along those lines based on how much of a traditionalist he is.

And I don't understand why what numbers the players wear is a reason to hate a team. Bet you wouldn't be saying that about the Devils if you weren't a Rangers fan. :P

From what I've read, Lou has a rule that no player can wear over the number 40, unless they are en established and have worn that number before. Mogilny wore #89 before he came to new jersey and was already a star, so he got to keep it. Weeks changed to #40 before the season started, but switched to #1 at some point before the season started. There are a few other players I cant remember to wear over 40 in NJ, but they had history with the number before they got there.

That is true, also I don't think Lou allows a player to wear 13. Among others who have been allowed to wear above 40 are Stephane Richer and Doug Gilmour. I can't seem to think of any non-established star player other than a goalie who has worn above 30 either. Maybe it is nobody over 30, excluding goalies.

I'm pretty sure the Ducks do the same thing. And it's not ridiculous at all because that's the way teams used to be. The Ducks GM, whose name escapes me at the moment, said something like, "If it was good enough for the players then, it's good enough for them now." Not sure if that's the same reason Lamoriello does that but I'm guessing it's something along those lines based on how much of a traditionalist he is.

And I don't understand why what numbers the players wear is a reason to hate a team. Bet you wouldn't be saying that about the Devils if you weren't a Rangers fan. :P

Well Bergeron will wear 47 in Anaheim it seems.

Would seem that this is true. Only 7 players in Devils history have ever worn a number higher than 35.

Scott Clemmensen and Mitch Wilson wore 40.

Stephane Richer wore 44.

Rocky Trottier and Garry Howatt wore 88.

Alexander Mogilny wore 89.

Doug Gilmour wore 93.

Source

Response from Devils: Not clear!

Question:

Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 7:42 PM

To: pr@newjerseydevils.com

Subject: numbers

Hi,

Is there a policy in the devils organization that all the players

must chose a number between 2 to 30 for their jersey?

Thank you,

Answer from PR of NJ Devils:

Dear Carl-

Thank you for your interest in the New Jersey Devils and for taking the time

to write. Throughout the team's history, players have worn numbers outside

of the 2-30 range including Kevin Weekes (#1) this year and the numbers

#31-35, #40, #44, #88, #89, and #93 in the past. For more information on

past Devils you can go to our website www.newjerseydevils.com.

Sincerely-

New Jersey Devils

I'll take Devilsfan's word!

And I don't understand why what numbers the players wear is a reason to hate a team.

Like I said...just ANOTHER reason.

I have never heard a person say that one of the reasons they don't like a team is because of the numbers the players wear, but to each their own I guess.

Response from Devils: Not clear!

Question:

Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 7:42 PM

To: pr@newjerseydevils.com

Subject: numbers

Hi,

Is there a policy in the devils organization that all the players

must chose a number between 2 to 30 for their jersey?

Thank you,

Answer from PR of NJ Devils:

Dear Carl-

Thank you for your interest in the New Jersey Devils and for taking the time

to write. Throughout the team's history, players have worn numbers outside

of the 2-30 range including Kevin Weekes (#1) this year and the numbers

#31-35, #40, #44, #88, #89, and #93 in the past. For more information on

past Devils you can go to our website www.newjerseydevils.com.

Sincerely-

New Jersey Devils

Wow the Devils actually have a PR department?! :lol:

Hello someone asked me about this jersey.

I need the eyes of the people here because it looks good but I have never seen this type of Winter Classic jersey for sale. I have only ever seen the edge jerseys for sale.

To my eye I can't see any problems but I find it strange that NHL.com and Ice Jerseys have never carried anything other than the Edge jersey.

Hello someone asked me about this jersey.

I need the eyes of the people here because it looks good but I have never seen this type of Winter Classic jersey for sale. I have only ever seen the edge jerseys for sale.

To my eye I can't see any problems but I find it strange that NHL.com and Ice Jerseys have never carried anything other than the Edge jersey.

Think that is an Edge jersey Shib, in fact, the images he's used are identical to the ones on the MeiGray Auction for one of his game worns from the actual game, as posted elsewhere on here, so I'd be a bit wary but his reputation thing is 100% so should be OK.

Think that is an Edge jersey Shib, in fact, the images he's used are identical to the ones on the MeiGray Auction for one of his game worns from the actual game, as posted elsewhere on here, so I'd be a bit wary but his reputation thing is 100% so should be OK.

I came across this todayCrosby Jersey, based on his other stuff it has to be a fake, considering they didn't release authentic versions of the EDGE throwbacks (why not when the could have made a killing?) None the less looks to be a very solid knock off. Not like the older style 550 penguins jerseys that float around eBay that are obvious (to us) fakes.

heheh..... no wonder it looks so good. Look at the pics from the link I posted and the link you posted. They are the exact same picture.

All Edge jerseys that I have ever seen have the Reebok logo on the sleave and the bottom is strait accross. They have never sold an Edge jersey in this design that I know of...

heheh..... no wonder it looks so good. Look at the pics from the link I posted and the link you posted. They are the exact same picture.

Yeah, that's why I said be a bit wary, he's clearly using MeiGrays photos so what he's selling probably doesn't look like that.

All Edge jerseys that I have ever seen have the Reebok logo on the sleave and the bottom is strait accross. They have never sold an Edge jersey in this design that I know of...

Well the jersey in the pic is the one Sid wore when he played in the game, so guess that's OK ;) And as far as I know, all Edge's have that D shaped hem at the bottom but Benpc says they've never sold an authentic Edge for the Winter Classics, so what he's got is perhaps something like the 550s River City are selling?