EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just looking at some of mootown's jerseys and he says authentic for every single one, except for the ones that are replicas he writes in the description something like "exact specifications as worn by the players, without the fight strap." So watch out for that

I've had one issue with Mootown (and his sister, highnoonsports) over the years, but I still continue to buy from them, not an issue about the quality of the jersey, more the fact that they sent me the wrong era jersey (it was an LA Kings and I bid becuase the picture had the old 3rd with the crown on it, and the version with the crest showed up, which I already had and was of no use to me, and I wouldn't have bid if that was the item pictured.) and he didnt want to have to ship me another one to correct the problem. As for his jerseys, they are legit, he does use authentic to describe all of the, but if you read the description its easy to tell which are the 550 replicas and which arent (the info about the fight strap as posted above). If you get one of the name/numbered 550s, they come with the old style of shop.nhl.com style of lettering, which is twill numbers that are fake sewn to give the appearance they are sewn together and the jersey, but they are just heat pressed. Not a bad prouduct, as its what you would get from shop.nhl.com but not the same quality you would get from IJ.

I read the story about this one and this could have been me, heh. I bought a size 50 authentic in the preseason, had ArtCraft make it into a Ballard and since then, I determined that a 52 would have been the better way to go (although I like the sleeve length on the 50 better). I'm sticking with it, my wife has taken a liking to its slimming features, that's always a good thing, and now I know what size she takes when I want to get her one. On this Mueller for sale, the letters were sewn straight onto the jersey (which they didn't do to my Ballard), a big no-no, so I kinda wonder, although in the game pic in the listing, I don't see a nameplate on Sjostrom's jersey.

I'm a size 52 so I'm out but I've already got plans of getting a Mueller white jersey in April so it's all good. I for one am watching the Tkachuk Yotes jersey that came up on ebay, that is one I reallly really want bad.

I've had one issue with Mootown (and his sister, highnoonsports) over the years, but I still continue to buy from them, not an issue about the quality of the jersey, more the fact that they sent me the wrong era jersey (it was an LA Kings and I bid becuase the picture had the old 3rd with the crown on it, and the version with the crest showed up, which I already had and was of no use to me, and I wouldn't have bid if that was the item pictured.) and he didnt want to have to ship me another one to correct the problem. As for his jerseys, they are legit, he does use authentic to describe all of the, but if you read the description its easy to tell which are the 550 replicas and which arent (the info about the fight strap as posted above). If you get one of the name/numbered 550s, they come with the old style of shop.nhl.com style of lettering, which is twill numbers that are fake sewn to give the appearance they are sewn together and the jersey, but they are just heat pressed. Not a bad prouduct, as its what you would get from shop.nhl.com but not the same quality you would get from IJ.

Good to know, as I have a bunch of the replicas on my watch list right now. All of them blanks, however, so that I can get them customized how and when I want -- and evidently, from whom! :)

I have never seen the 1996 USA World Cup jerseys for retail with a fightstrap.

Nike had a way of doing things then that is now confusing today.

If you got a blank jersey from them, it would be sized L or XL. If you got a customized jersey from them, it would be sized 48 or 52, etc. Those tagged with number sizes did not have fight straps. If you see one with a fight strap, it's either been added later on by someone or is a game issued jersey.

Mootown sells legit CCM replica jerseys and calls them "authentic" because they are officially licensed jereys and not bootleg knockoffs. It's a matter of semanics which confuses people. They are "authentic merchandise" but often are not "authentic on ice" jerseys. They are not trying to fake you out or rip you off, they just use a legit terminology which causes confusion.

I've had problems with them only related to their shipping. They're not 100% on the ball. I once bought several jerseys at the same time, made one payment for the whole thing, and they didn't pack one in the box.

Another time I won a great jersey and they just never sent it.

Once you enter this Twilight Zone with them, God help you. You can provide those dummies all the information in the world, item numbers, autcion dates, paypal transaction numbers, and it's as if you are dealing with someone who is from another planet.

Then, the next email you get will ASK YOU FOR THE SAME EXACT INFORMATION ALL OVER AGAIN. I firmly believe that every time you contact them, you have to start over with a brand new person and it's very, very annoying.

To their credit, they have either sent me what I did pay for in the end or refunded my money, even though I would have rather had the jersey, but the one and only way you ever seem to get anywhere with them is to file a complaint with paypal. Everything else really does seem to be a waste of time, but once you get paypal on their case, things get fixed in a big, fat hurry.

Jeff

Quick question for everyone here. What course of action do you typically take when you don't hear from a seller after payment. I won that Leetch world cup jersey on Sunday, and paid for it via paypal on Tuesday. At no point have i heard from the seller despite sending him a few e-mails both through ebay and directly. Is the best course of action to file a complaint through paypal, ebay, both? Any help/advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Quick question for everyone here. What course of action do you typically take when you don't hear from a seller after payment. I won that Leetch world cup jersey on Sunday, and paid for it via paypal on Tuesday. At no point have i heard from the seller despite sending him a few e-mails both through ebay and directly. Is the best course of action to file a complaint through paypal, ebay, both? Any help/advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

wait 10 days after payment. If you still havent received anything then open a dispute.

Thanks for the advice. Do disputes typically end with me getting a refund or my jersey?

I have never had a problem after filing a dispute...

I'm really hoping the jerseys that houseohockey sells are top quality... Has anyone bought from him before? I've got a Kovalchuk all-star jersey that should be here from here this week. Ordered one from another seller who promised delivery before the game, and it just got here this week. Not only that, but the letters were stitched to the jersey and not a nameplate. I've sent it back and hope paypal sees fit to give me a refund.

I thought Adam Hall wore 18.

I've been following those jerseys. I'm really thinking its time I cave and get an Edge, I'm waiting to see what number Hoss goes with. As of today, both Hall and Hossa are listed as #18, ironically right below each other. I figured Hossa would take #81 since Hall has #18, but Hall is a rookie, so he might not have too much clout at this point.

I've been following those jerseys. I'm really thinking its time I cave and get an Edge, I'm waiting to see what number Hoss goes with. As of today, both Hall and Hossa are listed as #18, ironically right below each other. I figured Hossa would take #81 since Hall has #18, but Hall is a rookie, so he might not have too much clout at this point.

Adam Hall is no rookie. He's got 350 games in the NHL dating back to 2002.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/2595/c...7SVipyO39xivLYF

You're right Jeff, rookie wasn't the word I was looking for but first year with the team, its been a long day of studying, a mid term and trade deadlines.

What I find interesting is that Marcel Hossa is listed as #18 with the Coyotes, when he has been #81 since his junior days. He was #17, but switched to #81 as it was his birth year and his brothers number inversed. Its not like PHX has a rule against high numbers, as Mueller has #88. It would be interesting if Marian ended up with #81 and Marcel with #18, pulling the old switcher-oo.