Customizers that can screen print?

jsh139

Not sure if anyone will even see this topic since it's so buried down here, but I figured I'd ask anyway. 

I bought two late 80s/early 90s authentic Russell Athletic Eagles jerseys within the past year.  These jerseys came from the factory without names on them back in the day.  They are completely screen printed.  And that's how they were worn on the field.  Wondering if anyone knows of any customizers that have the ability to screen print the names for me?  I bought a donor replica jersey to cut up for nameplates, so that's not a problem.  But, screen printing ain't easy, and I'm guessing it's more used for mass-produced t-shirts nowadays than for jerseys.  Is this gonna be a huge PITA? I already reached out to Keener and they can't do it.

Anyway, here's a couple GW examples to illustrate my point:

lf

2020-10-19_10-06-42

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

Pretty sure Keener can do it, did you ask him? 

Yep. They said that they have a screen printing partner, but they have minimum orders.  I get it.  No one's gonna wanna take the time and labor to make two screens for one printing each.  Might have to consider heat transfer vinyl or just plain old twill.  Sucks.

If I understand what you're asking, City Sports Lettering can do this. Preseason and prospect Hawks jerseys have screened names and numbers. Here's an example of one they did for me: 

DSCF6889-vi.jpg

They can only do a single color (not an outline like the numbers you posted), and I'm not sure how vast their font library is, but if all you're looking for is names, it's worth asking Tom.

Completely different, but you another route would be to try and get ahold of this guy since he made multi-layer numbers for a custom

Edited by mdwsta4

That looks exactly what I need. The jerseys already have the sleeve and back numbers. So all I need is the name screened on a nameplate and nameplate sewn down. Thanks man! I will check CSL out. 

That throwback the guy made is pretty cool. One of the jerseys I’m making is actually a Seth Joyner, too! He’s using heat-transfer vinyl, I believe. So, not 100% accurate but if I can get actual screen printing done I’d prefer that since the rest of the jerseys are screen printed with a nice thick ink. 

16 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

If I understand what you're asking, City Sports Lettering can do this. Preseason and prospect Hawks jerseys have screened names and numbers. Here's an example of one they did for me: 

Is CSL back open??

They were shut down for a while  

Based on what those look like, I think it should be easy for CSL to do them.  Here is a training camp jersey I just got from the Hawks:

2005-2006 Petri Kontiola Chicago Blackhawks Training Camp Jersey Back

Everything is screened on and it has the two layer appearance for the numbers like the Eagles had.  It is at least worth a shot.

2 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Based on what those look like, I think it should be easy for CSL to do them.  Here is a training camp jersey I just got from the Hawks:

Everything is screened on and it has the two layer appearance for the numbers like the Eagles had.  It is at least worth a shot.

Wait, CSL did two layers?! When I asked them about that two years ago they said no.

4 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Is CSL back open??

They were shut down for a while  

I had them do a jersey or two earlier this summer, so unless they shut down again, they should be open? Actually have 3 I need to reach out to Tom about sending in

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

Wait, CSL did two layers?! When I asked them about that two years ago they said no.

I had them do a jersey or two earlier this summer, so unless they shut down again, they should be open? Actually have 3 I need to reach out to Tom about sending in

I reached out to Tom about a month ago and he said they weren't actively working.  He said I could send the jersey in, but couldn't give an ETA on delivery.  If anyone hears different please let us know.

1 hour ago, Schlepprock32 said:

I reached out to Tom about a month ago and he said they weren't actively working.  He said I could send the jersey in, but couldn't give an ETA on delivery.  If anyone hears different please let us know.

I guess things changed. The last jersey I sent to them was toward the end of June and I got it back in 2-3 weeks 

5 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

I guess I can’t confirm it was them, I guess I figured they did it. When did CSL become the Hawks customizer?