Logo stain/blemish (probably acetone f***-up) help.

Anyone have any idea how to get this out (Oxy Clean did nothing), or is it nature of the beast for a jersey with light game wear? 

0VCo0HA.jpg

Edited by Van67

Do you know if the jersey material next to the crest was ever cleaned with acetone or some other solvent?

1 minute ago, Van67 said:

Some Goof Off pro may have accidentally seeped through when I was working on the back last night.

Yup, looks exactly like that. I had some bleed on one of mine when I goof offed, I put more into the fabric and them rinsed it out, and the bleed was gone. But mine was sleeve, no crest involvement. 

53 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, looks exactly like that. I had some bleed on one of mine when I goof offed, I put more into the fabric and them rinsed it out, and the bleed was gone. But mine was sleeve, no crest involvement. 

Yeah I'm not sure I want to attempt that with the twill portion of the crest. 

12 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Yeah I'm not sure I want to attempt that with the twill portion of the crest. 

I wouldn’t. 

I've had bleeding on a crest (mainly Leafs jerseys for some reason) but also around the collar of some jerseys due to use of Goof Off. 

I'd get the jersey really wet (No Fitz.. Leave it alone 😋) Then do a little light scrubbing with an old toothbrush.
Then I drop a blob of Oxi Clean Max Force Gel Stick and work it with the toothbrush again.
Then rinse really well. 
I bet it would come out. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/OxiClean-Max-Force-Gel-Stain-Remover-Stick-6-2-Oz/14862987?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=1401&adid=22222222227010189355&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40342965752&wl4=pla-78303500312&wl5=9021654&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=14862987&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjMfoBRDDARIsAMUjNZpSaPyuNyKqqwEgDQVBE0l-0k814d2edhHEHHF23j2VhROpNDRR5JIaAri3EALw_wcB

8 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

(No Fitz.. Leave it alone 😋)

That’s what she said. 

NooooOOOOOoooo....! 

You are closing in on 10,000 posts and you joined 4yrs after me. I wonder how many of the 10k are TWSS variations 😵

This is why I won’t use goof off anymore. It always leaves ghosting like that. I go straight to acetone and it hasn’t happened since. You just have to be a little more careful with it. 

20 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

NooooOOOOOoooo....! 

You are closing in on 10,000 posts and you joined 4yrs after me. I wonder how many of the 10k are TWSS variations 😵

Probably like half. 

2 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

I've had bleeding on a crest (mainly Leafs jerseys for some reason) but also around the collar of some jerseys due to use of Goof Off. 

I'd get the jersey really wet (No Fitz.. Leave it alone 😋) Then do a little light scrubbing with an old toothbrush.
Then I drop a blob of Oxi Clean Max Force Gel Stick and work it with the toothbrush again.
Then rinse really well. 
I bet it would come out. 

I gave this a shot with a run through the wash after (I have the Oxy Clean Max Force spray bottle, which is basically the gel when you pull the trigger slowly). It's definitely faded some. It takes less of a distance away to not notice it. I'll do it again when the jersey dries and keep going until I'm satisfied.