Devils x-mas meigray jersey question

tomtucker

Why does it look like this meigray jersey have the Reebok vector logo in the neck (when you see it from the front, first photo) and then it has the reebok wordmark when you see the  back of the jersey?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-New-Jersey-Devils-Retro-Authentic-Team-Issued-Reebok-Edge-2-0-Hockey-Jersey/372009862553?hash=item569d840599:m:mHV8DCnaF_Up3f3pLjF8UhA:rk:4:pf:1&frcectupt=true

I'm sure the front picture is a stock picture they have, same with the back picture.  I would just send them a message to see what jersey you would be getting in the size you want. Most people wouldn't care either way - but we are the geeks that fuss over every detail a jersey has.

15 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

Why does it look like this meigray jersey have the Reebok vector logo in the neck (when you see it from the front, first photo) and then it has the reebok wordmark when you see the  back of the jersey?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-New-Jersey-Devils-Retro-Authentic-Team-Issued-Reebok-Edge-2-0-Hockey-Jersey/372009862553?hash=item569d840599:m:mHV8DCnaF_Up3f3pLjF8UhA:rk:4:pf:1&frcectupt=true

When they switched to the word mark logo, they actually took it and sewed it right over the vector logo on the game jerseys. As such, there were game worn jerseys (and MeiGray's stock is all intended for game use) that were patched over vectors. 

Still worth a message to see what you would get if it mattered to you, but it'd be good for a 2011-12 jersey if its patched over. 

Example: This Koval-Suck game worn.

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/2011_12_Ilya_Kovalchuk_New_Jersey_Devils_Game_Worn_Jersey_Retro_Night_Photo_Match_Team_Letter-5657-141.html

Edited by mfitz804

I see, so this is a pretty old jersey, so it would not be suitable to be made into a jersey as worn by the devils on St. Patrick's day 2017?

those were the ones with the green stripe inside the neck, and the NHL shield on the front is also different i think. 

has anyone here purchased one of these jerseys?

Edited by tomtucker

Just now, tomtucker said:

I see, so this is a pretty old jersey, so it would not be suitable to be made into a jersey as worn by the devils on St. Patrick's day 2017?

those were the ones with the green stripe inside the neck, and the NHL shield on the front is also different i think. 

Yes, it has the old style thicker shield patch. If you are 1000% into detail, then a patched over vector would not be what you want. 

BUT, I know for a fact MeiGray has both styles, and they have them listed all together and will give you whichever at random. If you message them and specifically request a word mark jersey with the Lextra (thinner) shield and NOT a patched over vector, they'll give you one if they have your size.

And that one would be the newer style, suitable for 2017. 

29 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

should i also point out it must have the neon green stripe in the neck? i mean that is dead give away to which jersey it is,  so the guys at meigray can make no mistake.... or am i wrong?

You can point that out, but I believe once the pure, non-patched over Wordmarks came out, they all had the green neck tape. I can't say that with 100% certainty but I think so. 

What player are you going with?

52 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You can point that out, but I believe once the pure, non-patched over Wordmarks came out, they all had the green neck tape. I can't say that with 100% certainty but I think so. 

What player are you going with?

I have to go with my man Mr Hall !  also need the 100 year patch then ?

do the guys at meigray really know alot about jerseys? i thought they were just selling  them. 

Edited by tomtucker

17 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

I have to go with my man Mr Hall !  also need the 100 year patch then ?

do the guys at meigray really know alot about jerseys? i thought they were just selling  them. 

Good player choice. 

They know enough that if you make those requests, they can accommodate you. Do I think that every MeiGray employee knows exactly what year(s) a patched over vector was used? Probably not. But I bet some do. 

4 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

thanks man..... i also  wrote that about the green neck stripe, lets see what they say. 

They're pretty good at looking if you tell them what you are looking for. You should be fine. 

And you're welcome. 

Edited by mfitz804

I believe I recall when they listed these on eBay, people were requesting patched over vectors and they understood exactly and they were able to get them. I think it will be a matter of what they have left in stock.

I owned retro night gamers from 2012 through 2017.  This is what I remember off the top of my head

2012: most, if not all, were vectors patched over with wordmark.  No green collar stripe and regular hard NHL shield

2013: no retro night game

2014: mix of vectors patched over with wordmark and those with regular wordmark, green striping and lextra sheid

2015: not sure of this year as I only owned this gamer for like 2 weeks lol

2016: regular wordmark with green collar stripe and lextra shield for all.

2017: same as 2016

Again this is what I remember off the top of my head.  I may be wrong on some of these details.

What a great thread, 
Lots of detailed help that stayed on topic. 

This is why I am on here

Have a great weekend everyone!