Lengthy Wait with CSL?

Jdems93

Anyone else have any delays with them lately? My first time actually using them to customize a jersey, and was quoted 2 weeks turn around time. Its now been a month without hearing from them. Wondering if this is the norm or if I should go ahead and give them a call. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot just thought Id receive an answer here quicker.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a common occurrence with lettering suppliers. You can feel free to call, but they may not be able to accurately predict when they get to your shirt. Large team orders can sometimes take up the effort of the shop's entire team for weeks on end. And there are often extras that are added in (stuff like jerseys for injury call-ups or extra jerseys for a player's set).

This is speaking as a small customer, not a supplier, but that's what I've seen when I've visited and/or called shops in the past.

Edited by AngeloS76

I would just give them a call... This is interesting, because I just asked about sending some jerseys in and they quoted me a 3 week turnaround time.

I'd call. They told me 2 weeks as did tts. I went with tts because they had edge plates to use for no upcharge. It was 10 days for tts in the end (albeit I had it rushed for $25 extra).

I'd call. They told me 2 weeks as did tts. I went with tts because they had edge plates to use for no upcharge. It was 10 days for tts in the end (albeit I had it rushed for $25 extra).

Is there any difference in the fonts that TTS and CSL use? I know CSL is the current on-ice provider.

Thanks for the replies l understand things come up, just was wondering if maybe they forgot to call others in the past, while the jersey had been done or if delays were common. I'll probably wait until next week to call.

Baseball season is almost underway so these places are now getting out baseball jerseys for teams in the area. This isn't the best time to use CSL or TTS if you want a quick turn around.

Thanks for the replies l understand things come up, just was wondering if maybe they forgot to call others in the past, while the jersey had been done or if delays were common. I'll probably wait until next week to call.

They'll never call you if they're running behind, your jersey will just sit until they can get to it if you don't call. Gotta remember the one or two jerseys here and there aren't big money makers so when team orders come through those take priority.

Baseball season is almost underway so these places are now getting out baseball jerseys for teams in the area. This isn't the best time to use CSL or TTS if you want a quick turn around.

Yeah that's why I thought getting it there the first week of January would have avoided that

I'm in the same boat as you, Jdems93. I dropped off a jersey for my brother on January 14, and was told 2 to 3 weeks, and today makes 4 weeks. I'm not to worried yet though since he isn't planning on wearing it until he goes to a game in late March.

I use EPS, it's always 8 weeks or more, but I always get exactly what I wanted. Luckily I have no shortage of jerseys to wear while I wait.

It only bothers me in the spring, because by the time it comes back, it's too hot to wear my new Jersey until fall.

But I also know their pro team orders are their priority and I respect that.

My story is worse for my first venture in using them. Dropped a jersey off on 10/31 and didn't get it back until 12/13 if I remember correctly and I was quoted 3-4 weeks. I wasn't in a dire hurry, but it was a bummer waiting that long. I have another one in house with them I dropped off on 1/31 and was quoted 2 weeks. I will probably call them tomorrow to see what the deal is. They aren't much in the way of customer service, I had to call and find out the status, and it seemed like they forgot about the jersey or weren't in a hurry to get it done until I called. I was wary of calling at first because I didn't want them to slap it together and do a crappy job.

So I'm guessing it's common practice to exceed the quoted date?

Yes, with all these guys it is, it's not limited to TTS or CSL. They quote you based on current workload - you drop a jersey off on Monday and no work sitting there they'll tell you 2 weeks. On Tuesday if two teams coming in needed 30 jerseys each then you're jersey gets dumped to the side until they finish those. Just the nature of the business. I hate yet to see a company call when this happens in all the companies I've used. I can say from experience with TTS I've had jerseys done within a day and others have been 8 weeks, just really depends on what type of team orders they have to fill.

I can say from experience with TTS I've had jerseys done within a day and others have been 8 weeks, just really depends on what type of team orders they have to fill.

I had TTS have one done within a week, and one group of three that took over 12 weeks. Its a crapshoot.

Except with EPS. Its always a long wait.

My story is worse for my first venture in using them. Dropped a jersey off on 10/31 and didn't get it back until 12/13 if I remember correctly and I was quoted 3-4 weeks. I wasn't in a dire hurry, but it was a bummer waiting that long. I have another one in house with them I dropped off on 1/31 and was quoted 2 weeks. I will probably call them tomorrow to see what the deal is. They aren't much in the way of customer service, I had to call and find out the status, and it seemed like they forgot about the jersey or weren't in a hurry to get it done until I called. I was wary of calling at first because I didn't want them to slap it together and do a crappy job.

CSL has always had horrible customer service. I've never liked dealing with their guys - you have to remember you're dropping a couple jerseys to get done and there's about $20 of profit in that for them, you're competing with teams who are spending thousands and bringing a lot more profit. Right or wrong you're not going to make the top of anybody's list. This is a hobby of patience when it comes to customizing.

I had TTS have one done within a week, and one group of three that took over 12 weeks. Its a crapshoot.

Except with EPS. Its always a long wait.

And then after your 4 months wait when you get it back and it's wrong they tell you that it's your fault it's wrong.

And then after your 4 months wait when you get it back and it's wrong they tell you that it's your fault it's wrong.

That hasn't been my experience, but I get mostly Devils and they do the team's jerseys so its not an issue. But I have had them do a few other things too and I've had nothing but good experiences.

Meanwhile, Bobcat Athletic has had my jersey for about 5 months now

More like 7! :)

I've had anywhere between 10-20 jerseys I've wanted to send to EPS for two years now and I still haven't sent them in because I'm hesitant about mailing such a large package of jerseys all at once (what if they get lost or stolen, insuring them would cost a fortune), and I'm also concerned about them not being accurate in their customization. Every time I try to gather the information I need to send along with the jerseys like reference photos and instructions I always hit a snag.