Lengthy Wait with CSL?

Jdems93

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sent in a few jerseys. I guess there might be a small wait, but Triple Threat quoted me $65 with an Edge plate vs. CSL of $70 with an Edge plate, and I just felt more comfortable sending it to the direct team source, instead of only saving $5.

Yea, my friend brought in 2 earlier this month and the guy he saw when he brought them said there's no upcharge but when he picked them up some other girl who was there charged him, so I guess it does depend.

Just a heads up for those who may not know this... Triple Threat also noted that they do NOT have any white Edge material nor can they get any more. They said, and I quote, "we have red and black Edge material - we are out of white - it is no longer made and we cannot restock"

Just a hunch here, but I'm thinking we may be seeing the very last of the Reebok Edge jerseys.

Edited by dsl135

Just a heads up for those who may not know this... Triple Threat also noted that they do NOT have any white Edge material nor can they get any more. They said, and I quote, "we have red and black Edge material - we are out of white - it is no longer made and we cannot restock"

Just a hunch here, but I'm thinking we may be seeing the very last of the Reebok Edge jerseys.

Good info. If it were the end of the edge jerseys, what do you think would potentially replace them?

This is very interesting. Perhaps a return to Airknit, or will it be an all new material (with a CCM label, I'd expect)?

So much for all the Reebok BS about making the jerseys lighter so the players could skate faster. That SP knit is some heavy s***.

From what I've been told this is very unlikely, at least until the Reebok contract is up. Once that's up if they stayed under the CCM brand I highly doubt you'd see anything change since the jerseys will come out of the same factory. I would be shocked to see any jersey company move backwards, it would be more likely we'd see some other great jersey revolution, I do think that what you see with the All Star jerseys (crests/numbers) is going to become common place across the league.

The case for not stocking is probably more a matter of cost, from what I have been told Edge material costs a ton and with no up charge there's a loss when it's being used. Maybe Junkyard can confirm this but I've been told that you could buy miles of air knit for the same price a few yards of edge material costs...

From what I've been told this is very unlikely, at least until the Reebok contract is up. Once that's up if they stayed under the CCM brand I highly doubt you'd see anything change since the jerseys will come out of the same factory. I would be shocked to see any jersey company move backwards, it would be more likely we'd see some other great jersey revolution, I do think that what you see with the All Star jerseys (crests/numbers) is going to become common place across the league.

The case for not stocking is probably more a matter of cost, from what I have been told Edge material costs a ton and with no up charge there's a loss when it's being used. Maybe Junkyard can confirm this but I've been told that you could buy miles of air knit for the same price a few yards of edge material costs...

I get that... but I find the phrasing very odd.

"Its not made anymore"

I suppose that could just mean nameplates aren't made... but if the material itself isn't made anymore, that means they can't make white jerseys anymore.