Jersey oddities

jolmari

• 2 weeks later...

This is looking like an amazing project. Once it's done, I'd certainly do a feature on it on my website.

Hey I need help with this jersey. I have an authentic Reebok Montreal Canadiens jersey but there's some weird things with it that I need some info about. The tag itself looks weird than the ones I usually see. The design is from the 1946 jerseys just without the laced collar. It's an authentic from Reebok yet its an old school design. The smaller inside tag thingy is CCM too. There's elbow stitching and the crest is zig zag stitching too so I know it's legit.

Here's the link to the pics

http://imgur.com/a/NndAd#0

Thanks

Hey I need help with this jersey. I have an authentic Reebok Montreal Canadiens jersey but there's some weird things with it that I need some info about. The tag itself looks weird than the ones I usually see. The design is from the 1946 jerseys just without the laced collar. It's an authentic from Reebok yet its an old school design. The smaller inside tag thingy is CCM too. There's elbow stitching and the crest is zig zag stitching too so I know it's legit.

Here's the link to the pics

http://imgur.com/a/NndAd#0

Thanks

You know it's legit, so what do you need help with???? Edited by thebiggoalie

The particular jersey you have is the 2006-07 version of the vintage throwback jerseys that the Canadiens used during the mid-2000's. There's nothing weird about the neck tag; it's simply the normal one used in Reebok retail authentic jerseys manufactured that year. It wasn't until the next season (2007-08) that Reebok introduced the Edge jersey with the black neck tags that you are probably more familar with.

CCM and Reebok are owned by the same company, and since that particular Reebok jersey (not to mention the current Edge 2.0's as well) is made of CCM airknit material, it's common for Reebok jerseys to contain tags with "CCM" on them.

@thebiggoalie I just wanted to make sure what year and what kid of jersey it is.

@LAK74 thank you very much. I did not know tht at all. Even looking online about this jersey I couldn't find any info about it. I was thinking of getting either Maurice Richard or Carey Price on the jersey and that was why I asked about the jersey.

That is a really nice jersey. Of course you are free to put whomever you want on it, but if you follow authentic jersey etiquette, it's considered best to customize it for a player who actually played in that style/brand/model jersey, so both Richard and Price would be considered fouls. Players for that year include Koivu, Souray, Markov, Plekanec, Kovalev, etc. I don't have any idea how many games that jersey was used in that year, so one would want to do some research to make sure the jersey was actually worn by your player of choice.

Edited by LAK74

Just a few examples of some 2006-07 game worns in that style:

image_zps4ceed093.jpg

image_zps62c0b61e.jpg

image_zps0712a9a8.jpg

image_zps295fd96b.jpg

Oh my God. I just can't wait for your book Slim.

The ultimate coffee table book! Heck...I might have to buy a coffee table just to display it. :thumbsup:

I won't be selling coffee tables, sorry.

In other news, had a meeting with a copyright lawyer this morning with the completed rough draft and it looks like *fingers crossed* all systems go...should know/confirm soon enough.

So hopefully this bad boy will be in printing sooner than later :D

Wow, those habs jerseys are much nicer than I remember.

So hopefully this bad boy will be in printing sooner than later :D

Can't wait!

Wow, those habs jerseys are much nicer than I remember.

Aren't they, though? I'm not even a Habs fan but I think those jerseys are absolutely gorgeous.

I'm not even a Habs fan but I think those jerseys are absolutely gorgeous.

And they're extra soft to cushion yourself for when you just drop to the ground (ice) for no apparant reason.

:D

And they're extra soft to cushion yourself for when you just drop to the ground (ice) for no apparant reason.

:D

^ Go sit in the box. Two minutes for playing hockey!

Congratulations, slim!

LAK74 should also write a guide sooner or later, imho.

Edited by Silverback53

Congratulations, slim!

It ain't out just yet, GW...you may not wanna jump the gun.

sionaccomplishedbanner23423423-vi.jpg

LAK74 should also write a guide sooner or later, imho.

Where do you think I got all my info from?

So I should be expecting a rather fat royalty check soon, right? :thumbsup:

Like everyone else, can't wait to get my hands on a copy Chris. Looks like a really fun read.

Here's a little oddity I just discovered which can be useful to anyone trying to letter an early 90's sharks jersey. I thought a couple of the letters on the Wilkinson jersey I recently posted where incorrect but LAK74 pointed out that the font changed slightly from 91-92 to 92-93. Thanks to him for that.

Here is the proof of that change.

91-92 W & S

15520594987_8b9abb574d_z.jpg

92-93 W & S

15520898630_83fc377645_z.jpg
15519863229_5ebce7d8f9.jpg

While we're on the topic of Sharks font variations, I may as well add that in 1996-97 (the last CCM year for the original design Sharks jerseys), the font changed again, and all the letters became noticeably thinner.

1996-97:

image_zps65d595f0.jpg

This font continued until 1997-98, the only year that Nike made the original design shirts:

image_zps4acb6924.jpg

image_zps71b9977c.jpg

The center point on the "W" went back up to the top!

This is why hanging out with you mugs is so great; love it when info like this is shared.

I really want to have a sub-section dedicated to each team, separated year by year, that outlines all of these changes for quick/easy reference...though, I suppose that's what I'm doing with the book, lol.

...I may or may not have been drinking again.

happydrunk-vi.jpg