Customizing via EPS

TheKevinShow

Alright, I've got two blank jerseys in my possession and a third one on the way. I've been looking over various customizers and I think I've settled on Exclusive Pro Sports as my best option. I want to make sure that I word my order absolutely correct so as to avoid any problems.

Here's the example that they give for a proper request:

1. Customize my Chicago Blackhawks Red Jersey Size 56 with TOEWS #19 with Captain's "C", Layered, please add Stanley Cup patch on right chest that I have provided.

So, here's what I have:

1. Customize my Mighty Ducks of Anaheim eggplant jersey size XL with SELANNE #8, TBD.

2. Customize my New York Rangers white Lady Liberty jersey size XL with LEETCH #2 with Captain's C, TBD.

3. Customize my Atlanta Thrashers white jersey size XL with INSERT NAME HERE #INSERT NUMBER HERE, TBD.

The TBDs are because I don't really get the difference between kiss cut and layered lettering and I don't know which is the right one to use for each jersey. Thus, I ask of you: please educate me on the difference so that I will know what to request in the order and so that I will know for future reference.

Also, on EPS' site, it says to print out the form and include it with the jerseys when they're shipped. Do I fill in the fields and just print the screen or is there something else I need to print?

All 3 of the jerseys should be layered. The only possible exception would be kiss-cut on the Thrashers, but in that case you would need a Reebok Premier jersey from 2009 or later, and yours is a CCM 550 from 1999/2000.

If you're going to do the Thrashers jersey as a 1999 (it's the only year that the jersey had the CCM logo on the back hem and not the neck, although I doubt anyone would call it a foul to do a later season), you would want to include an NHL2000 patch on the front.

On the Rangers Liberty you may want to specify whether you want 2-layer (red/navy) or 3-layer (red/gray/navy) letters, as the Rangers used both that season.

image_zps50c1a20f.jpg

image_zps19c63bb5.jpg

The first pic is of a layered Thrashers gamer. The gold twill layer is on the bottom, and the smaller black layer goes on top of that. You can see a row of black stitching which attaches the black layer to the gold one, and there is a single row of gold stitching which attaches the entire number to the jersey.

The second pic is a kiss-cut example, where the layers are in reverse order. The black layer is now on the bottom, and the gold part is merely a thin strip that goes around the perimeter of the black layer, on top of it. Before cutting, the two layers are pressed together, gold on TOP, and the laser cuts a dividing line between the 2 layers, but only deep enough to cut through the top gold layer, not both. You peel off the center gold core, and what is left is the gold outline, still attached to the black base. Bobcat uses double rows of gold stitching to attach the number to the jersey, and since the stitching goes through both gold and black layers, there is no need to apply stitching to the black area, which is why you don't see any black stitching.

Also, on EPS' site, it says to print out the form and include it with the jerseys when they're shipped. Do I fill in the fields and just print the screen or is there something else I need to print?

When you submit the form, there is a confirmation page to print and include with your order. You also get the same form via e-mail.

All 3 of the jerseys should be layered. The only possible exception would be kiss-cut on the Thrashers, but in that case you would need a Reebok Premier jersey from 2009 or later, and yours is a CCM 550 from 1999/2000.

If you're going to do the Thrashers jersey as a 1999 (it's the only year that the jersey had the CCM logo on the back hem and not the neck, although I doubt anyone would call it a foul to do a later season), you would want to include an NHL2000 patch on the front.

On the Rangers Liberty you may want to specify whether you want 2-layer (red/navy) or 3-layer (red/gray/navy) letters, as the Rangers used both that season.

Yeah, I guess I'll have to get the patch.

Do you have any pictures of the two different Lady Liberty styles in use? I'd like to compare them to consider my options.

The first pic is of a layered Thrashers gamer. The gold twill layer is on the bottom, and the smaller black layer goes on top of that. You can see a row of black stitching which attaches the black layer to the gold one, and there is a single row of gold stitching which attaches the entire number to the jersey.

The second pic is a kiss-cut example, where the layers are in reverse order. The black layer is now on the bottom, and the gold part is merely a thin strip that goes around the perimeter of the black layer, on top of it. Before cutting, the two layers are pressed together, gold on TOP, and the laser cuts a dividing line between the 2 layers, but only deep enough to cut through the top gold layer, not both. You peel off the center gold core, and what is left is the gold outline, still attached to the black base. Bobcat uses double rows of gold stitching to attach the number to the jersey, and since the stitching goes through both gold and black layers, there is no need to apply stitching to the black area, which is why you don't see any black stitching.

Awesome. Thanks for the advice.

When you submit the form, there is a confirmation page to print and include with your order. You also get the same form via e-mail.

Good to know. Thanks for clarifying. Edited by TheKevinShow

Check this page by Akteon for some examples of white Liberty gamers:

http://www.pinterest.com/akteon/rangers-starter-game-worn-jerseys/

Both sets had three-color numbers. It's the player name that is two or three layers.

After looking at those pictures, I definitely have to go with the three-color name. The navy just doesn't stand out well enough against the red without the gray.

A couple of other things with the Thrashers jersey: do you think I should ask for the CCM logo on the sleeve to be stripped off, and is the red CCM logo on the hem the right color?

Edited by TheKevinShow

The CCM logo on the authentic version is dark navy. As to your first question, if you remove the sleeve logo, it doesn't really make the jersey any less of a replica, so personally I wouldn't bother. There are still other cosmetic issues, like replacing the orange NHL puck logo with a black/silver shield, changing the CCM logo color, adding a fight strap, double elbows, etc. If you are really concerned about details like that, then perhaps you might just consider collecting authentics instead.

Well, then, screw it. Three of my four are replicas so at this point I'm fighting a losing battle. I'm not prepared to spend authentic-level money on anything other than a Blackhawks jersey anyway.

• 1 month later...

Alright, I sent the jerseys off to EPS just over a week ago. Obviously I'm not expecting them back tomorrow, but what kind of timeframe can I expect for the order to be completed? Also, is there any way that I can see the status of my order besides emailing them about it? I feel like sending them an email would be kind of impatient, so to speak.

They are going to be very busy quite soon with the start of hockey season, so I would say that around the beginning of December would be a realistic estimation of when your stuff will be ready. As far as I know, there isn't any way to check the status of your order except e-mailing them. Doing so once probably wouldn't be a problem, but I am sure that repeated inquiries of this type would only serve to annoy them, and would not endear you at all to the person in charge. :)

Yeah, December sounds right. Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll be earlier in November.

And If you email, they will tell you, they'll be done when they are done, inquiring as to status does not make them get it done any faster.

I wouldn't expect anything sooner than December from what I've seen on here. It always seems to take a long time at any point during the year. The work is worth the wait though.

I've only gotten one back that was a little off (Hartford Whalers).

99% of the stuff I send them is Devils, and that is of course spot on, as they do the Devils' jerseys.

Yeah, I figured they'd take a while since the season is right around the corner. That's fine, especially since it means I don't have to pay for the order for a while. :D

I've had 3 weeks and 4 months, so it must really depend how busy they are.

I will say, however, save for the one jersey, I have always found their work to be top notch.

They do very good work but aren't the place to do Rangers shirts IMO.

They do very good work but aren't the place to do Rangers shirts IMO.

I wouldn't know :)

My Whalers came out a little wonky but for the Devils, can't beat 'em.

Like any other customizer they will do their teams stuff perfectly (obviously) but will be slightly off with anything else.

Hey Guys - This has been real helpful. I'll leach off this topic instead of starting a new post. Looking for assistance in confirming the stitching style (kiss-cut, layered, etc) before I submit my order also.

1. Customize my 1994 NHL Eastern Conference All-Star Jersey size Large with RICHTER #35. No nameplate. Name and numbers should be black with grey/silver outline. Layered?
2. Customize my 1996 USA World Cup of Hockey white jersey size Medium with Leetch #2 with captain's C on front chest. White Nameplate. Layered?
3. Customize my 2000 NHL All-Star North American Goalie style jersey size small with Richter #35. White Nameplate. TBD?
4. Customize my 2002 NHL All-Star North America jersey size 48 with Leetch #2. Blue nameplate. TBD?
5. Customize my 2004 NHL Eastern Conference All-Star jersey size 48 with Jagr #68. Kiss Cut?
6. Customize my 2009 NHL East All-Star jersey size 46 with Kovalev #27 and captain's C. Sublistich lettering
7. Customize my 2012 NHL Team Alfredson jersey size 52 with LUNDQVIST #30 and alternate captain's A. White rounded nameplate. Sublistitch lettering
8. Customize my TBTC Rangers jersey size medium with Messier #11 and captain's C. No nameplate. TBD?
9. Customize my New York Rangers White Liberty jersey size 52-R with Leetch #2 with captain's C. No Nameplate. Please use three-colors for the name. Layered. No nameplate. TBD?

Thanks in advance.

On the 1994 All-Star, their font for the letters is noticeably thinner than the game font. It may be difficult to get them to do it exactly how you want it. I know I'm not the only one here whose jersey came out with the lettering somewhat off. The kit is layered, as well as the ones from 2000, 2002 and 2004. EPS did my 2002 ASG beautifully, and I think they even sublimated a white airknit nameplate to perfectly match the blue color of the jersey.

Btw, the 1994 ASG jerseys DID use nameplates.

Edited by LAK74