Customizing via EPS

TheKevinShow

Cosby did an amazingly accurate kit on my white Liberty; the only thing is that if you order the three-layer name kit, you should specify that the middle layer should be gray. They think the gamers had a metallic silver middle layer, but that is not correct. The kit is pretty expensive, $100 if I remember correctly, $125 to have it stitched on.

With apologies to Matt, their font for the 1994 ASG is pretty inaccurate. I'd use someone else for that one.

Before I answer that, can I assume that your Messier and Graves were done by Cosby? And if that assumption is correct, is it OK to use your photos in a side-by-side comparison?

First, this topic has been highly informative. Thanks to you veterans for posting and sharing tips.

Second, has anyone had experience with the Stars and this company? I am going to have them do a recent black jersey. I am a little nervous since I'm having them add a patch and that jersey style is a bit unique with the numbers on the front and back.

Definitely use Blake Sports Lettering.

You'll have to just keep calling them because they don't answer their phones a lot but their prices are extremely reasonable and once you get them on the phone they're very helpful.

The turnaround time was exceptional on mine last spring.

Really? I don't think so. I'd love to see some examples cause I'm all for accuracy. They even had nameplates. I'd assume that it was correct font.

Cosby-lettered:

image_zps9bf0079d.jpg

image_zpsdcec642d.jpg

Here's an assortment of gamers for comparison:

image_zpsbacf9a74.jpg

image_zps64bf8e80.jpg

More gamers:

image_zpsf7700bbb.jpg

image_zps7db2dd3a.jpg

image_zpsa968587b.jpg

Let's start with the M in your Messier. The central bottom black point does not go all the way down to the same level as the outer posts. Look at the M's in the Murphy and Mogilny gamers and you'll see that the black point not only goes to the bottom, but the gray layer has a flat bottom, as opposed to the pointed bottom of the Messier M.

The E's on your jerseys have a center post which is a bit too short.

On the S's of your jersey the beginning and ending points do not turn down and up far enough. The gaps and notches inside the gray area of the S are much larger than those of the gamers. Compare to the S in the Yashin and Beezer.

The gray layer seems a bit thinner in relation to the black layer in the Cosby-lettered ones. This makes the holes in letters like B or R or O look slightly larger. The holes in the gamer letters are skinnier due to the extra space taken up by the gray layer.

The A in the Graves has a rather wide and flat top as well as a large center hole. Look at the A in the Yashin or Beezer and you can see that the top is thin and pointed, with a small center hole. Same thing for the V in the Graves- the V in the Beezer is thinner with a more pointy bottom.

Look at the arm number 1 on the Messier- the flat top part is very wide, and the downward-pointing arm is quite thick. There is a large angular notch in the gray layer where the arm meets the body of the 1. On the Turgeon gamer, the flat top of the 1 is not as wide, and neither is the arm. The gray notch is barely noticeable, certainly a lot smaller than on the Messier.

All these details may not seem like huge differences, but when you add them all up and put them next to each other, I can tell immediately that the Cosby font just doesn't look right.

Sorry, man. :( This hobby can frustrate the hell out of you...

I'm just fine waiting until December since the three jerseys are of teams that I won't actually be cheering for this season (one of which no longer exists, anyway) and I've got my Hawks jersey to use until then.

However, I still can't wait.