Trying to find a jersey

GSemi

No sh**. :lol: Hilarious, Cygnus....and totally true. And it only gets worse as you get more jerseys and get further into collecting. That, or collecting makes you see it more clearly in yourself than you had before.

I was in a local sporting goods store here in MI and they are clearancing out Red Wings Winter Classic replicas. 40 and 50% off, with customization included. Once upon a time, I would have dropped $100 (sale price) on one of those without even thinking about it. Now, I see the jersey and think....name bar, they didn't have those on the real ones.....hey, its missing the 2014 Winter Classic patch! And is that C on the sleeve embroidered? yuck!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was in a local sporting goods store here in MI and they are clearancing out Red Wings Winter Classic replicas. 40 and 50% off, with customization included. Once upon a time, I would have dropped $100 (sale price) on one of those without even thinking about it. Now, I see the jersey and think....name bar, they didn't have those on the real ones.....hey, its missing the 2014 Winter Classic patch! And is that C on the sleeve embroidered? yuck!

Exactly! And the funny thing is, even though we try to convince ourselves that it doesn't matter because "who the hell would ever notice that?" or "no one would ever know the difference" or "only like one out of every 10,000 people would ever notice something like that", we still can't get over it and still can't stomach the thought of ever owning something that's not right.

AND - we're proud of it!

Arena wear as in arenawear.net?? I sent a message with their message sender thing last night and didn't get a response yet so I called. The guy on the phone was like "I just talked to you" i was a bit perplexed. I was like "no we haven't talked." He says "we don't do that team anymore" and hung up immediately. I just sent another one of those messages. What's up??

Gotcha. I'm on the phone with joe from arenawear and he noticed that the "a" might be a little big too. Is he right? Also, the border around the retired numbers on your jersey; is it cream or white? Hard to tell in the pics. Thanks.

FWIW I just posted a Cally 85th anny 3rd jersey from Arena Wear. I referenced pics from Getty Images just for fun to compare- complete match. Which is what I expected of course!

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=6079&page=89

• 2 weeks later...

Haha!! I couldn't figure out how to arrange the pics into an album on my phone. It's a 2009 Sts-v. Last year of production for the sts-v was 2009 and only 96 were made that year. 4 were exported overseas. It's not the cts-v's 556 hp but with 470 and all the luxuries you need I'm not complaining. Thanks for the compliment.

Hey guys, looking for a kings home jersey (black) with the chevy crest in a 48 center ice collection, or a replica of the same jersey in a size large but with the ccm stitched not screened. I found one on ebay but its the ccm thats screen printed. If anyone has any for sale PM me it would be much appreciated, this forum is a godsend! thanks in advance

There are plenty of authentics that appear on eBay; if you keep looking I'm sure you will find one quite soon- it's worth the wait. Btw, the black jersey is the road one, just fyi. There's also a want list thread in the Trading Post section to post what you are looking for.