Trying to find a jersey

GSemi

To be honest, I haven't seen enough of the youth jerseys to really say for sure whether the quality is worse. To me all Reebok replicas suck. :thumbsup: My 5'3", 105 wife can fit in my son's youth L/XL, but that's without a hoodie. You can try an adult small though, shouldn't be too hard to find in a hockey store.

As for you, if you're going to wear a hoodie, then going with a 50 is probably not a bad idea at all.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 5'3" 110 wife does the youth L/XL- not much room for a hoodie underneath but she can get a shirt under there...the quality is on par with adult replicas. Which is crappy.

GSemi, when reading our comments about replicas, keep in mind that most people are perfectly fine with replicas- we in this forum tend to be some of the most picky, detail-conscious people around when it comes to jerseys, which is why most of us don't settle for less than authentics.

Yep I'm fully aware that I'm dealing with connoisseurs here. I happen to be very particular with the craftsmanship of things I buy in general and the way I see it is do it right, one time. If you're gonna buy it, buy the best. That being said, I am a bit concerned with the craftsmanship of the youth vs adult jersey. Just to clarify, my sister is 19, a huge rangers fan, just happens to be tiny. She cares too. If she was 14 it wouldn't be a big deal, but she's gonna take care of this jersey.

My 11 year old daughter is 5 foot and 94 pounds.

She states the youth L/XL jersey feels tight in the shoulders with a hoodie on. Fits fine without the hoodie.

49FABB1F-8379-4D26-BCD7-A59C32EBAECA.jpg

Nice!! She has good taste. Henry is a beast. Ok that settles it because my sis is just a little bigger and will be wearing hoodies so adult small it is. Thanks. And by the way we're both also getting Lundqvist jerseys.

GSemi, when reading our comments about replicas, keep in mind that most people are perfectly fine with replicas- we in this forum tend to be some of the most picky, detail-conscious people around when it comes to jerseys, which is why most of us don't settle for less than authentics.

And it's thanks to you guys that I take the time to look over details before spending money.

GSemi, I may be opening a can of worms here, but are you just ordering the blank jerseys, or are you getting them customized by IJ as well? I'm asking because someone here may have mentioned recently that IJ may make the Heritage nameplates with the letters in arched format, instead of radially, as they should be. If this is true, you may want to send them pictures and tell them specifically what you want in order to avoid having the jerseys come out incorrectly, and then having to send them back to be redone, which just wastes time and money. If you are just ordering blanks, then please ignore this post. But if not, if anyone knows for sure that IJ does the arched letters, please speak up so we can save GSemi a lot of potential headaches.

Edit: If you're not sure what I am referring to, you can read about it in this thread:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=6023

I did order it customized. I see on the link where mcdonagh was done wrong but can you show me a picture of what right looks like? They still have to order the size 50 so I have time to send them a pic of how I want it. Thanks.

2012/13 set 2 gamer:

image_zpsa62ccf62.jpg

For the McDonagh, there's a correctly-done retail one further down the thread:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=6023&p=128286

Very nice Hank LAK74! I just got back a NY Heritage from Arena Wear myself....amazing. (Pics soon). Highly recommend them for all current Rangers' shirts. (Of course they are the team customizer but still)

Well actually, it's not mine. (I wish it were!) I just stole the pic off the internet.

So I see how the lettering differs in the two different ones. The incorrect first one has the lettering skewed to follow the arch whereas the correct one down the page has all the lettering done normally as if it were written straight, and slightly tilted around the arch. Right?

An issue with material is also mentioned. What is that all about? Is it the material of the plate that the letters sit on?

I want to include a note with the pictures I send. Thanks.

You are correct about the radial vs. arch issue.

On the nameplate, yes, that is the material to which the letters are stitched. On the gamers the Rangers have used both stretch mesh (which matches the material on the back of an authentic jersey), and air-knit, which is the same as the material which makes up the most of the rest of the jersey (but not the back). If you don't specify anything, I doubt they will use the stretch mesh. Personally, I would prefer the stretch mesh, but even if you ask for it, there is a very good chance they won't have it anyway, in which case you may not have any alternative but to ask for the air-knit. Anything else other than these 2 materials would be inaccurate.

For your sister's jersey this discussion is rather irrelevant, since the back of the Premier is neither stretch mesh nor air-knit, but it does resemble the mesh more than the air-knit.

Just out of curiosity, why aren't you going with the team customizer so you don't have to worry about it?

That involves buying just the blank jersey, and then sending it to Arena Wear, who does the Rangers team jerseys, and having them customize your jersey. That way you are guaranteed that the font will be accurate and that the letters will be placed accurately. Whenever you send your jersey to a customizer who is not the official team customizer, you run the risk of having something come out wrong, which is why I posted the "warning" to you earlier in this thread. You would be amazed at how many customization errors occur even when you use professional, high quality customizers who just are not the official letterer of the team you want.

Interesting. These guys are making me feel pretty confident that they know what they're doing. I think I'm gonna roll the dice. What does arena wear usually charge. Not that cost is an issue.. Like I said I'd rather get it right. Just curious. If icejerseys screws it up I might have aw fix it.

Arena Wear charges $80 for customization and an extra $3 for patches, plus shipping costs. They are definitely worth it though. If you look in my photobucket you will see my recently customized Zuccarello and McDonagh jerseys which were done by them, as well as my Stepan jersey which was done by them but through the NHL Store.