Trying to find a jersey

GSemi

First off, please excuse me if some of the info I'm asking for has been covered elsewhere on these forums. There are endless pages of info and it's a bit hard to find exactly what I need.

Long time rangers fan. Currently I live in nc and the rangers are coming down here to Raleigh on the 7th and 11th. I'm planning on going to both. I'd like to show up wearing a Lundqvist third jersey.

I understand there are the reebok replicas and the authentic jerseys.

Can someone please tell me a good trustworthy website for a legitimate one of each? There is so much out there and if I could just get a legitimate source for my jersey needs, that'd be great.

Also, I'm 5'7" and about 160lbs. I won't be wearing it to play, just to go to games.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

www.rivercitysports.com

www.icejerseys.com

I'd start there. Usually they do sell smaller sizes than xl. For authentic jerseys, the sizes are numbered and based on your measurements, you'd likely be 46

Well icejerseys isn't working right now. I'll try again tomorrow. On rivercitysports, I see they have the blue home jersey authentic available but all the other styles are replica only, which is fine but I'm wondering if that's basically what it's going to be. Is it possible to get authentic third jerseys? In the end I want the third jersey, authentic or replica. Thanks again.

No worries:

Here's a link to a replica 3rd jersey:

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/details-06.cfm?sku=156561

Haven't seen a size that will fit you in the authentic 3rd jerseys on ebay

Ice Jerseys has authentic 3rds for $300, but the smallest size available is 50. Might be OK if you like jerseys quite loose, or wear them with hoodies underneath. Otherwise I would recommend the 46. I'm a little taller than you but weigh a little less, and I'm good with the 46's, as long as they are Edge 2.0's.

Medium should be OK. Too bad you don't have more time to wait for an alternate source of size 46 authentics. Authentics are so much nicer than replicas, especially Reebok replicas.

Well what do you mean wait? Do they periodically become available? Isn't there anywhere I can order from to have it made in my size rather than try to find it available? Should I try to call them up and see if they can have one made? Might that even do any good?

For authentic 3rd jerseys, as far as I know, they are not readily available in stock from Reebok. Usually a retailer has to order them in batches (can't order just 1) and they are made to order. IceJerseys currently has 50, 52, 54 & 56 available. I don't know whether they ever had 46's and 60's and sold out, or they just chose to order the middle sizes and not bother with the extremes. JerseyBaron on eBay has 50 and other sizes available- I'm pretty sure he had 46's before and that he sold out of them. So it remains to be seen if and when he is going to order another batch of the sizes he no longer has. Could be months before he decides to reorder, as it probably depends on how long it takes him to get rid of his remaining stock. On the other hand, if this model isn't selling well for him, he might decide not to order any more, period. So it's a waiting game. Maybe a 46 could be available soon from one of these dealers, but on the other hand, if you wait too long then the 50s might sell out and there goes your last opportunity to buy one in a size that might fit. Just another reason that the Reebok authentic situation still sucks.

You could send jerseybaron a message and inquire about the 3rd's in a 46....I did and he contacted me when he got one in stock.

I just tried to private message jerseybaron and I got an error when I tried to send it. The error was "array." Not sure what that's all about. If he's a vendor or someone who is commonly private messaged for jerseys, I imagine his email address is floating around somewhere? Otherwise, what am I doing wrong in trying to pm him? Thanks.

He's not a member here (or if he is, no one knows his username). You have to contact him through eBay. His username there is jerseybaron_com.

Unfortunately, even the smallest size available (46 for Edges) would probably be pretty huge on her.

Yeah, I would not rule out a 50 for you, though. Like Gunnarsson said earlier, the Rangers 3rd (but not the home and away) has a similar cut to that of the Leafs jerseys, and you may be able to pull off a 50 in the Rangers. On the 46's the arms and chest should be OK for you, but they can be a bit narrow- around 22" wide, give or take a little depending on where you measure from. If that sounds too narrow for you then you might want to consider the 50. Maybe someone here with a Rangers 3rd 2.0 in 46 or 50 could provide some measurements.

Yeah, I would not rule out a 50 for you, though. Like Gunnarsson said earlier, the Rangers 3rd (but not the home and away) has a similar cut to that of the Leafs jerseys, and you may be able to pull off a 50 in the Rangers. On the 46's the arms and chest should be OK for you, but they can be a bit narrow- around 22" wide, give or take a little depending on where you measure from. If that sounds too narrow for you then you might want to consider the 50. Maybe someone here with a Rangers 3rd 2.0 in 46 or 50 could provide some measurements.

I have a 46 2.0 road and third.....they seem to be the same shape and style....? Do you find that they're different?

Actually I didn't intend to mean that all of the Rangers models were that different in terms of dimensions or even overall shape, just that the panels, particularly in the shoulder area were not exactly the same. The 3rd seems to have a shoulder yoke with rounded ends which extend farther out laterally over the shoulders, whereas the road has a shorter yoke with square-cut ends. And the home jersey has larger shoulder panels with diagonally-cut, sloping front and back edges. Just different "cuts," as I like to say. While the differences in the shoulder areas might not seem dramatic, some Edge 2.0 models, particularly ones with sloping shoulder panels like the Kings and Flyers, for example, seem to have puffier shoulders that make the jersey look and feel slightly bigger, at least to me. Or maybe it's just my imagination...

I don't think she will fit in any of the adult sizes (no offense). You may have to go to a youth size, probably L/XL.

When it comes to youth replica jerseys, is the quality worse? If so we might just see if she can get away with an adult small if you don't think it's too ridiculous. She'd probably be wearing a hoodie underneath most of the time.

Speaking of hoodies, I think I'm going to go with a 50 if I'm going to be wearing hoodies underneath.