What's the cheapest you've gotten a gamer at?

JohnC

I collect nothing but Chicago Blackhawks jerseys...probably the most expensive team to collect....Game Issued jerseys go for close to $300....and that's no name players...practice used jerseys go for $150 or more depending on the player...

I think I know your cheapest, although it was a pre-season/training camp NHL jersey :)

Mine was a Chicago Wolves gamer for $50.

The jersey from the rookie camp that the team forgot ... no pictures of the players in action, no mention during the 15th anniversary, nothing in any of the media guides.

I got my Rich Zednik Panthers gamer as a $40 BIN on ebay. Otherwise Ive got some Preds in the $100-150 range. Most others were under the price of a retail authentic jersey.

My cheapest gamer happens to be the one that was most "valuable." This summer I got lucky and bought a DEL game worn Anders Myrvold jersey for $30 locally here in Norway.

I gave it to a local Hockey Against Cancer (Hockey Mot Kreft) to auction off and it went for more than $2000, all of it going towards cancer research.

There is a catch in that if I tried to sell it myself, I probably would have gotten maybe $200 for it but because it was a high profile auction for a good cause, a lot of people bid on it.

It was really a win-win situation all around.

Alright, so if I'm lucky, I can maybe land a gamer for pretty cheap. My hunt begins

Thanks guys!

There are very reasonably priced gamers out there as the stories here illustrate. Meigray has plenty of preseason shirts for around $200 ... if they are a team or player you want to own may be a different issue. Waiting until their big sales opens up the floodgates of available shirts. Between facebook, the sale listings here and on other forums, and just through connections made over time you can find gamers cheap. Chris (cjerina) knows what my least costly gamer is because he sold it to me.

Enjoy the hunt ... just make sure you're hunting things you want to have.

Jeremy knows the steal of the century of the gameworn I got.

I had to think a bit for a second of whay you were talking about, but yeah -- you're right.../end thread

My cheapest gamer happens to be the one that was most "valuable." This summer I got lucky and bought a DEL game worn Anders Myrvold jersey for $30 locally here in Norway.

I gave it to a local Hockey Against Cancer (Hockey Mot Kreft) to auction off and it went for more than $2000, all of it going towards cancer research.

There is a catch in that if I tried to sell it myself, I probably would have gotten maybe $200 for it but because it was a high profile auction for a good cause, a lot of people bid on it.

It was really a win-win situation all around.

Hats off! B)

Man, those are good deals, I was just looking at flames gamers from the Fan Attic online yesterday, and even gamer jerseys for players who aren't with the flames any more are $500 and up... the Iginla ones are $2000.

I collect nothing but Chicago Blackhawks jerseys...probably the most expensive team to collect....Game Issued jerseys go for close to $300....and that's no name players...practice used jerseys go for $150 or more depending on the player...

I feel your pain... The NY Rangers are just as expensive..

I scored a Steve Dix North Bay Centennials gamer on ebay for $100. He was a fighter so a local favorite when the team came to Saginaw. Steve eventually played a little in the minors, then became an OHL linesman. I think that might be what he is still doing.

I am the owner of Paul Bissonnette's OHL All-Star Game jersey. I think I may have paid around $300 for it. I have followed his career since he was our team captain, and at the time I wasn't sure whether the jersey would end up with a lot of value or not. Suffice it to say that I could probably get more than $300 for it now, not that I want to sell it or anything.

Since I am not a big game worn collector, that is pretty much the extent of my game worn collection.

Man, those are good deals, I was just looking at flames gamers from the Fan Attic online yesterday, and even gamer jerseys for players who aren't with the flames any more are $500 and up... the Iginla ones are $2000.

I way overpaid for my Tanguay alternate from them but the majority of jerseys from that season ended up being destroyed in the flood. Might end being one of the hardest years to get down the road.

I way overpaid for my Tanguay alternate from them but the majority of jerseys from that season ended up being destroyed in the flood. Might end being one of the hardest years to get down the road.

I wonder if that list is accurate then?

If it is maybe that is why they are so expensive!

It is just so sad how much priceless flames memorabilia was lost from the flood!

Rec'd 8 minor league gamers about 18 months ago for free from a friend of my wife who was retiring and cleaning out his attic. Tough to beat that price!

5 Baltimore Skipjacks, (one from Pittsburgh era, 2 from Caps era (Beaupre & Larter) and two from Minnesota era), 2 Baltimore Clippers wools (from 62/63 inaugural season in Baltimore) & 1 Nova Scotia Voyageurs jersey.

None of the jerseys were what I collect, so I flipped them or sold them for a huge goon haul - a Hawks Probert, a Wings Kocur, a bunch from gw.net auctions (Leafs Orr, Pens McKenna, Caps Simon, Blues Low, Preds Myhres, Avs Cummins), a triple fight strap Canucks Hordichuk, a Rangers Kocur, an Avs Parker and a Wings Gallant. I might regret getting rid of both wools somewhere down the line, but figured by selling them they'd be more appreciated in someone else's collection and I could acquire some great fighter jerseys that were at the top of my list!

Got a Colin white nj devils 08-09 season gamer as well as an Andy Greene gamer from the 08-09 season for $160 each with the meigray paperwork from two different collectors.