Sticking With What You Know

Cygnus X-1

I am a Rangers fan (duh) and so I collect and wear Rangers jerseys. But there are other jerseys I find visually pleasing (Red Wings, Bruins, Wild 3rd) but I REFUSE to venture into these waters for 2 reasons:

1. As a Ranger fan, I cannot don the garb of another team.

2. Do I really need more avenues to spend money? I dropped 5 bills for my WC jersey (size 46- I think they only made 1 of them, lol) which I don't regret. But I don't need more hard to find and expensive items to add to my eBay searches.

Thoughts?

Ducks jerseys don't come up that often in my size so I've ventured almost everywhere.

I often get buyers remorse, but I have only one rule that I will always abide by:j

I only buy jerseys that I can wear in the event that I choose to wear one.

I never buy anything that will not fit. I do really like certain players on different teams.

I do like having a variety that I can choose from to wear.

I happen to find many other teams' jersey designs aesthetically pleasing, so I have no problem buying them and having them customized, as long as it's for a player that I like (especially if it's a former Kings player). I have around 35 Kings jerseys but probably double that number for other teams and all-stars. I wouldn't wear another team's jersey to a Kings game, but I do wear them around the house or even around town to do errands. I haven't had anything thrown at me... yet.

This is something that Wayne and myself have discussed a lot. At one point, like many others im sure, I would scoop up any good deal i saw on eBay. Realizing its just not logical i moved into just edges. Still not satisfied i have sold most and kept all my Flyers, like Cygnus said, I dont see myself wearing other teams..especially in my neighborhood. I think its more rewarding to collect your home/favorite team for sure.

Aside from the Oilers, I mostly buy other teams jerseys to customize them for a player I have grown up watching and also players who have played for the Oilers. Same applies for National team stuff, I customize them as my favorite players.

i usually wear them at home or when I go ice skating or when I go to hockey games (I'm a DJ at a third-highest level hockey team in Finland). I don't have the nerve to wear them when I go shopping for instance.

I don't have the nerve to wear them when I go shopping for instance.

I used to be like that but then I said f it. I was wearing my jerseys this fall at the mall, doing the walk of the 5,000 Jack-O-Lanterns (that's a reference for the locals) and Disney on Ice (that's like hockey, no?). I said to myself- I like wearing my jerseys- why should I be deprived of that b/c both the players and the owners were being dumb?

I started collecting Retail Authentics when I was 24 (we don't have to talk about how long ago that was) I originally had only intended on buying one of each road team.

Everyone thought I was crazy, Then I found THIS fantastic support group, ditched the girlfriend and now I have every team home, away & alternate from the early to mid 90's with the exception of 2.

Since I am a hoarder I now started collecting the Edge jerseys but only of my home team.

My new venture is to make Mike rich and drive him crazy by sending him huge lots at a time to have them attributed.

I thought about getting into collecting Game Worn stuff but the stuff I want (early to mid 90's) is already through the roof and I enjoy everyone else's posts.

I figure I can use it for a retirement supplement - if I kick the bucket before then, everyone that shows to my service gets a parting gift - or - I can leave them in a will to one of you mugs but yer gonna have to pay for shipping!

I used to wear them but now I don't want to wreck them.

I wish I could stick to one team!

I rarely wear any jersey aside from the teams that I really like, yet I still have a hard time resisting buying them.

Same with caps. I own about 500 caps yet only actually wear about 10 of them!

500?? Holy Caps, I mean crap! :)

For me, one of my goals was to have a replica of every team (got ems), then authentic (CMON SOMEONE HOOK ME UP WITH A JETS PLEASE), and obviously Isles/Isles-related. Im likely never going to wear my non-Isles jerseys, so if I saw a good deal in a size that was my size or bigger, I'd buy it. I have a couple of 58 6100s that I could never wear out (I wear 48/52 6100), but it's nice to have.

Not bad if you only need a Jets jersey to finish it off

Thanks! Yup. MeiGray's clearance section helped A LOT! So once I get my Jets, I think Im leaving the forums.

Being an avs fan I usually only wear avs jerseys I go to a lot of binghamton senators games and have some of their jerseys so that's the only time I stray from wearing the avs jerseys But I would like the jerseys of players that played for binghamton that made it to the NHL mainly Derek Smith and Brian Lee

How does one store 500 plus jerseys and still have them accessible for wearing and viewing?

500 caps. Only about 300 jerseys. Lots of closets. That was a key selling point of my house. I also have a separate clothing rack, so that is like another closet.

So once I get my Jets, I think Im leaving the forums.

:(

Loyal to my team to the end. Avs jerseys, all star jerseys with avs players, international jerseys of avs players. And the players are pretty specific for me. Not just any old player, but not exclusively the HOFers either. I've had favorites from the 3rd line and will get jerseys done up - Podein/Kamensky/Drury for instance. As for the all star jerseys I'll only do significant games for the player - A.S. game in Denver, Sakic's '04 MVP. But as much as I love Forsberg I don't think I could do a '96 all star jersey---don't like the jersey design first of all, and he wasn't on the scoresheet for the game. Same with '03 - don't like the jersey. International jerseys are kind of the same for me. I want the jersey to have some significance or a story about the player. I'd love an '02 white Canada Sakic. MVP of the games, gold medal, 2 goals in the Gold Medal game. That's a cool jersey with a cool story. Would love an '06 Sweden blue with Forsberg, another gold medal jersey. My '10 olympic Forsberg won't remind anyone of any great performance or a medal, but Forsberg was Sweden's flag-bearer for the games that year, that's pretty cool. However, I have to like the jersey and the story. Not just one or the other. I can't stand the '94 Sweden jersey and even though that's one of the coolest stories/moments in Olympic hockey history, I wouldn't do that jersey.

Curious George is on TV. Out.

How about the 2001 all star world jersey

Check my sig ;) . Got both Sakic and Forsberg from that game. Love the World jerseys from '00 and '01 with the name under the number. Great colors on both of those jerseys too. (Your 52 wouldn't fit me anyway :lol: . Way too big)