La kings third

Flyers845

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't heard anything about them yet. Seems doubtful they'll come out any time soon, as they will only be used in 2 games this whole season.

Beautiful! Carter....one of Bobby Clarke's bad moves. How is JVR doing Bobby? Great gem regardless. I still dislike Reebok jerseys and the curved tails. Miss the old CCM's...

Beautiful! Carter....one of Bobby Clarke's bad moves. How is JVR doing Bobby? Great gem regardless. I still dislike Reebok jerseys and the curved tails. Miss the old CCM's...

Carter, bad move?

Voracek and Couturier. Id make that trade every single time.

Hi Mrs. Pronger!

THURSDAY, JANUARY 17, 2013

Second in an NHL-MGG 2012-13 Program Series, Los Angeles

The defending Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings will be wearing two sets of home black and two sets of home white jerseys throughout their 2012-13 regular-season defense of the Stanley Cup. Each set will be worn for approximately half the regular season.

In addition, the Kings will be wearing a special set of jerseys in Saturday's Banner Raising opener, with a special Banner Patch. That's an NHL tradition that started last season, when the Boston Bruins wore a Banner Patch to celebrate their 2011 Cup during the 2011-12 home opener.

I will be in Staples Center promoting the set, which goes up for auction at auction.nhl.com when the puck drops. And I will be authenticating the set immediately after the game and flying it back to New Jersey for the auction on Sunday.

As we did last season with the Kings, one set of white and one set of black regular-season jerseys will be available for retail sale through MeiGray and our pre-ordering process. We're getting Black Set 1 and White Set 2. Team LA, the Kings' store at Staples Center, will also have available this season White Set 1 and Black Set 2, after it is worn and authenticated by MGG.

As for the Retro Set of purple Vintage jerseys, we will keep you posted when a decision on that set is made.

Last year they sold them at Staples, the cheapest ones from opening night were $750 plus tax (tax here is nearly 10% so like $825), they may have had some $650 ones with names on back from the other three or so games when they wore them.

I think you may be referring to the 2010/11 season, when the opening night vintage jerseys (with vector logo) had no names on them. Last season (2011/12), all vintage GW wordmarked jerseys, as far as I know, were sold through MeiGray.

They should have been wearing these while holding the Stanley Cup over their heads last summer.

The Kings wanted to. The NHL said no.

Word is that the driving force behind the Kings wearing purple in the finals was Luc Robitaille, as he lobbied for it. One problem was that there were absolutely no jerseys for the NHL or TEAM LA store to sell to fans.

While i'm still waiting on the email response from Barry I called Meigray today and spoke to Ryan (at least I think it was Ryan). It still isn't determined what they're going to do with the jerseys, they said either retail or auction. I didn't get into the conversation much besides being asked to be put on a request list for Gagne's. Now i'm not sure if that retail or auction comment means that Meigray is 100% handling the jerseys but it seems that way. I'll be waiting to hear back from Barry and I can probably ask more specifics at that time.

While i'm still waiting on the email response from Barry I called Meigray today and spoke to Ryan (at least I think it was Ryan). It still isn't determined what they're going to do with the jerseys, they said either retail or auction. I didn't get into the conversation much besides being asked to be put on a request list for Gagne's. Now i'm not sure if that retail or auction comment means that Meigray is 100% handling the jerseys but it seems that way. I'll be waiting to hear back from Barry and I can probably ask more specifics at that time.

I spoke with Andrew a few weeks ago about this set and the 3rd alts as well. I put in dibs for Nolan's if they sell them.

Some of the Banner night jerseys went for less on auction then they would have gotten selling them directly, so they very well may just sell them.

I don't want to start a s*** storm with this but I requested to be on Gagne's list, today Barry emailed me once news broke that Gagne was traded and offered me the GI jersey at $595. Just wanted to provide some information to you guys but please don't go badgering Barry and Meigray wondering why I was able to purchase a jersey at retail if they decide to go the auction route, Gagne didn't wear it during the first game and obviously won't be on the team come March 9th when they wear them again.

I don't want to start a s*** storm with this but I requested to be on Gagne's list, today Barry emailed me once news broke that Gagne was traded and offered me the GI jersey at $595. Just wanted to provide some information to you guys but please don't go badgering Barry and Meigray wondering why I was able to purchase a jersey at retail if they decide to go the auction route, Gagne didn't wear it during the first game and obviously won't be on the team come March 9th when they wear them again.

Nice! Is that great timing or what?

Then we can probably expect another set of stinky, unwashed jerseys!