La kings third

Flyers845

We have our answer:

Hi everybody,

The Los Angeles Kings for the second straight season created one set of Purple Vintage Throwback jerseys to wear on their legend nights.

They wore the set of purple and gold jerseys with the old Kings crown crest for the first time on Feb. 23, when they honored Ian Laperriere and defeated the Colorado Avalanche, 4-1.

They will be wearing the set again Saturday night, when they honor Kelly Hrudey prior to their game vs. the Calgary Flames.

We are almost finished with our request calls, so if you are interested in one please call me toll-free at 888-463-4472 or send an e-mail to sales@meigray.com

If you are attending the game at Staples Center Saturday night, you can collect your jersey that night. I will be manning the MeiGray display in the main concourse and will be authenticating the set in the Kings' dressing room immediately after the game.

If any jerseys remain available after the game, I will post them on line next week at www.meigray.com

Thanks, Barry

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I know some teams handle the gamers themselves and I haven't heard many complaints about that. I do think that if a team has someone else do it, it should be MeiGray. I also think all NHL jerseys should be indexed/tagged by MeiGray, even if they don't handle selling them.

Anyway grats to the Kings fans waiting to get those 3rds. Definitely awesome news.

Well I know some teams handle the gamers themselves and I haven't heard many complaints about that. I do think that if a team has someone else do it, it should be MeiGray. I also think all NHL jerseys should be indexed/tagged by MeiGray, even if they don't handle selling them.

Anyway grats to the Kings fans waiting to get those 3rds. Definitely awesome news.

Yes, some teams do fine, but on the whole when you consider transparency, open pricing and communication to the entire jersey collecting community, MeiGray does the best job.

What's disappointing is that they haven't made any replicas available of the throwbacks. And apparently these throwbacks are to be adopted as their permanent thirds next season, meaning we'll see them used more often.

As much as I like the throwbacks, I think it would be a poor choice switching to them as a permanent set for one simple reason: bringing back those yellow jerseys that made 'em look like a bunch of bananas out there.

dionnekingsau.jpg

There was a CCM replica version of the Reebok vintage purple jerseys. The collar did not have the NHL shield on the v-neck and the bottom of the jersey was a straight cut rather than a rounded cut.

The CCM replica and Reebok authentic jerseys had the same crown (no white border around the crown). The replica is not the same as the one being sold on the Custom Throwback Jerseys website (which has a white border around the crown).

The replica was available on the TEAMLA website about the same time that the authentic version was available on Icejerseys.

Pretty insane prices though.

Pretty insane prices though.

Yeah complete out of control.

To put it in perspective:

Alec Martinez

Last year was 850

This year 1250

In 1 year he increased his value by 400 dollars? Did I miss something? I guess it's the cup inflation

Look at it this way. Last year they were all sold out of these by about the time the playoffs started. Martinez was the last one left. This year, without even really trying, they have already sold all but 5. I am sure these 5 won't last long now that they are on the website. Although they seem expensive, it appears that they were underpriced last year.

The prices are nuts but they'll be gone quick. The demand outweighs the supply by leaps and bounds. If I could go back to the Caps winter classic auction Id bleed cash for a shot at them. Good luck finding them now.

That's interesting. I was wondering why they wore the black and purple against Phoenix the other night.

It is my understanding that they are only retiring the black and purple jerseys with the crown.

This has been the plan all year. Last season they retired the white and purple with the crown.

I still believe the retro Forum Blue and Gold will be used as next year's alts.

But in the case they are not, it may be 1k well spent on the best uniform in the NHL (biased opinion of course).

It is my understanding that they are only retiring the black and purple jerseys with the crown.

This has been the plan all year. Last season they retired the white and purple with the crown.

I still believe the retro Forum Blue and Gold will be used as next year's alts.

But in the case they are not, it may be 1k well spent on the best uniform in the NHL (biased opinion of course).

you are correct M

the black/silver/purple combo (current 3rd) is being retired. the retro 'Legends' uni that most everyone is in love with, next season is slated to become the new 3rd set