Who/what are you wearing opening night?

NYIJM29

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just came back from the Isles' minor league team game. Our defense is pathetic. Their powerplay is atrocious. Visnovsky better get his Arse over, otherwise, this will be one very long season for the Isles. These 48 games will feel like 82

I'd love to get Johnny T from the isles

If it was up to me, I'd force JT to reproduce with the entire female Canada hockey team and wait 18 years and draft all of his kids. Make a team fully of JTs

Does anyone ever compliment any of you guys at games or in public for having such nice jerseys? Any other collectors chat you up 'cause of it? I have to imagine it's pretty rare to see a really nice, legit jersey at an NHL game. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I have't been to a game since I started buying them. Or, has anyone ever tried to buy a jersey off someone's back because they had a really great jersey and didn't know it, or even care. Seems like a possible way to get a deal. One time at a Sens/Leafs game in Ottawa a drunk Sens fan bought my friend's Leafs jersey for $400. I think he was just some rich ###### that wanted to prove some sort of point about how he couldn't be much of a fan for selling his jersey to a guy from Ottawa. It was just a blank replica. I also think there was a mustard stain. He still got in s***, since it was a present from his girlfriend. He bought a new one and we all drank free the rest of the night.

Last year in Bridgeport a drunk guy said I was wearing a nice jersey (the 04-05 "original" Reebok BST design).

Rick DiPietro told me he doesn't want to see my DP camo on ebay. I didnt have the heart to tell him it won't sell (which it didnt haha. Im glad it didnt)

I actually try to carry a few hundred dollars into the Garden. One, Guinness is too ###### expensive. Two, I'm always hoping someone will be drunk enough for me to buy their TBTC jersey for 100 beans.

I'll find you, and buy you a dozen rounds. Lol

Haha I appreciate the offer, and will take the drinks, since I don't have a TBTC I'll regret selling :P

Leaning towards my Callahan Liberty for the opener.

I may have to go with the 'ol 1.0 King Henrik for that. The more I think about it, the less I want to wear my WC out....don't want to risk any staining etc.

When is the schedule being released? I need to know what games I have in my 1/2 season plan.

I'll be there in a button up and slacks like always but whenever the Flyers open on TV I think I will break out either the Bryzgalov Russia GI or the Winter Classic Pronger GI.

Pretty sure I'm going with my Jonathan Quick 2012 ASG.

Depends on who they're playing. I usually go with someone who has some kind of connection to the team the Rangers are playing, whether that player used to be on the team or is hated by the opposing team and their fan base(I.E: Gaborik/Boogaard vs Minny, Barnaby vs Buffalo, Avery vs Devils). I realized I have yet to wear my Richards WC to a game yet so maybe I'll go with that..

Although I don't typically wear my jerseys, I was going to wear my Eberle opening night. Decided to throw it on tonight for my fantasy draft and have my boy join in. Maybe I'll wear the Canada olympic jersey instead now. This thing is monstrous in 58.

408654_10152303253665190_529900634_n_zpscd8c473a.jpg