2011-12 All Star jersey question

JohnnyOnTheSpot

This one's quick, does anyone know if the name's were sublimated on the twill, were permanent sealed, or sewn? I think they were permanent sealed but not sure.

No one has a gamer or anything? Fiddlesticks.

I thought it was too, but Joshua said they're not, and he's not sure if they're the permanent seal or sewn on. And he asked me if I knew, so I'm checking. He said he saw them in person and they were permanent but he's not sure if they were late.

I'm inclined to believe they're permanent pressed. I saw a pic of Brian Elliot and it looked like some chipped of his nameplate.

Here:

137907255_10_slide.jpg

Explain to me "permanent sealed"

Cannot lol. I think it means heat pressed. And I think that's what it is, check this pic out...doesn't look sewn or sublimated:

John Tavares' NHL All Star jersey hanging in the Team Alfredsson locker room.

Yea I'm ruling out sublimation since you can't see pores on the red but you can on the plate, and I can't see any stitching what so ever.

When I ordered mine, josh emailed me back asking how I wanted the nameplate. I just told them to go ahead and sew it to edge material. I honestly had no idea what was used.

Well then I hate to say it, but to hell with 100% accuracy on these things, I'm not getting heat sealed letters when I get mine done. That's going to look like garbage, and it won't stand the test of time.

Well then I hate to say it, but to hell with 100% accuracy on these things, I'm not getting heat sealed letters when I get mine done. That's going to look like garbage, and it won't stand the test of time.

Exactly. Reminds me of pee wee hockey jerseys with those crappy and cheap name bars with the heat pressed names.

I know it's not the best durability wise, I'm just trying to make them accurate. Trust me I echo all of the complaints. Just trying to figure out what's right.

I'm working on figuring it out, and I will certainly post pics when it arrives.

Well it's all up in the air now, check out this one. You can see fraying on Sedin's "."

John Tavares celebrates his goal with teammates in the first period of the 2012 NHL All-Star Game

This one looks too jagged to not be sewn:

Milan Michalek #9 of the Ottawa Senators and team Alfredsson and teammate John Tavares #91 of the New York Islanders celebrate a goal during the 2012 Tim Hortons NHL All-Star Game

...is this a thread sticking out??

IMG_1921

To me, this one doesn't look sewn, though.

IMG_2066

I wouldn't be surprised if the same material as the "decorative stars" on the bottom of the jersey/sleeves was used for the actual names... and THEN sewn on. It's a bit hard to see any thickness on the letters, but the stitching is pretty visible.

I'd like to say the stitching is visible as well.

Did NO ONE buy one of these from Meigray?

You know what, I have a question. Does anyone have the pull with Meigray to actually ask them to check out the jersey? I doubt they'd do it for me since I've never purchased anything, but I can't imagine them not doing it for someone with a history with them.

Johnny how about you give me $500 and I'll buy one from last year and tell ya how its done, mkay?

What are you going to do with a 2011, get it done up for Yashin?

They definitely look sewn, I can see threads in almost all the pictures you posted. I'd get them sewn regardless.

Looking at that Tavares, I think it's sewn. You can see holes in some of the letters unless I'm hallucinating.