Why all the hate for black jerseys ?

tomtucker

I don´t get it....the old 6100 black blackhawks jersey and the sharks black were awesome.....black jerseys done right is badass and intimidating........now in baseball, the Mets have dropped the black drop shadow on the script and numbers on the jerseys for next season....and by reading comments on forums, everybody seems to be jizzing in their pants over this change.....so stupid, the shadow gives a cool 3D effect......why all the hate

I'm not really a hater of black jerseys. I liked the Blackhawks black thirds. I thought they were well done and the detail on them was pretty sharp. The Sharks black third rocks too, I'm a fan of that one as well. The only black jersey I can think of that I am NOT a fan of is the new Islanders third, which obviously has not been unveiled, but from what I have seen IMO it does look kind of crappy.

I'm not really a hater of black jerseys. I liked the Blackhawks black thirds. I thought they were well done and the detail on them was pretty sharp. The Sharks black third rocks too, I'm a fan of that one as well. The only black jersey I can think of that I am NOT a fan of is the new Islanders third, which obviously has not been unveiled, but from what I have seen IMO it does look kind of crappy.

its been unveiled.

1116-nyi-3rdunveil.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1321516989176

maybe its because teams like the islanders who dont really have any black at all in their logo are using black jerseys? just using black as a third jersey takes away from what could be a colorful unique design in my opinion

Big numbers on the front instead of a crest is the worst thing to happen to hockey sweaters since heat applique customization. This isn't the NFL they just look awkward and without style. Plus you HAVE to get it customized or you look even worse. The Thrashers tried it it looked wrong.

Thanks, IIHF. For some reason I thought it was not unveiled, only leaked.

I agree with IIHF about teams using black thirds who don't have black in their color scheme is lame. It's like a cop out IMO because they have nothing better to use, or they can't come up with that unique idea for their own third.

Isles should have gone with an orange third IMO. I kind of liked their pre-edge orange ones too and I believe it would have been an interesting design in the EDGE uniform style.

well since every team under the sun got black jersey i have become anti black jersey, some are done well Sharks while others are terrible. I just think it became a little much with the Kings, Islanders, Stars, Hurricanes, Coyotes, Sens , Ducks, Pens and Lightning all having some for of black jerseys teams like the Islander, Huriicanes , Coyotes and Ducks using no imagination in their turn to the DARK SIDE.

I like the new PREDS yellows bright and different other colours exist....i'm just saying

I honestly do not understand the Isles going to black. I would have preferred orange/navy blue, but its growing on me. I like the 3 color font.

Once you go black.....

well since every team under the sun got black jersey i have become anti black jersey, some are done well Sharks while others are terrible. I just think it became a little much with the Kings, Islanders, Stars, Hurricanes, Coyotes, Sens , Ducks, Pens and Lightning all having some for of black jerseys teams like the Islander, Huriicanes , Coyotes and Ducks using no imagination in their turn to the DARK SIDE.

I like the new PREDS yellows bright and different other colours exist....i'm just saying

Im not a huge fan of black jerseys but some work, not the biggest fan of the Ducks home but love their 3rd. Also not a big fan of just team name as the logo prefer a crest....

DSCF4322.jpg

Best Black jersey EVA!!!

Yeah, the Stars having a black jersey is dumb, since they don´t have that color at all.....but hey, they screwed up the other two they have as well, might as well ruin them all.....

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping a 2-month old thread, but I feel this is relevant:

Why is that everyone seems to hate the Flames old alternate, the black horse head jersey? I personally think that is one of the coolest jerseys in the NHL and really wish they'd bring it back...if I could get my hands on a #22 horse head with the C on the front, my collection would be near-complete :-D

Sorry for bumping a 2-month old thread, but I feel this is relevant:

Why is that everyone seems to hate the Flames old alternate, the black horse head jersey? I personally think that is one of the coolest jerseys in the NHL and really wish they'd bring it back...if I could get my hands on a #22 horse head with the C on the front, my collection would be near-complete :-D

well, i think it is because of the horse head with flames out the nostrils, why is it a horse, anyone know ? wait, is it a dragon ?....that would make more sense, with the flames and all.

well, i think it is because of the horse head with flames out the nostrils, why is it a horse, anyone know ? wait, is it a dragon ?....that would make more sense, with the flames and all.

It is a horse. It is to honor the Calgary Stampede. The CFL team is also the Calgary Stampeders to also honor the 100 year tradition of Calgary and its rodeo heritage...where they beat back and tame the fire breathing stallions of the Alberta plains.

You like the Isles 3rd too, so you are really not helping his case. :P

Very true. And I'm also an Isles fan, so I lose credibility there too. :(

I will make a post in the "It Arrived Today Thread" that will blow everyone's mind and get them to appreciate the "practice jersey" (as stated by my cousin's husband, who is a Ranger fan, but he is the tolerable type. The one who knows their team is in the crapper and they are only built to make it to the first round of the playoffs) that is known as our thirds.

Think Jeff meets Jay meets Jeremy :o

It is a horse. It is to honor the Calgary Stampede. The CFL team is also the Calgary Stampeders to also honor the 100 year tradition of Calgary and its rodeo heritage...where they beat back and tame the fire breathing stallions of the Alberta plains.

thanks for the info.. :thumbsup: ..think we should call it the Brokeback mountain jersey from now on

You like the Isles 3rd too, so you are really not helping his case. :P

The black third Isles jersey, or the older orange one...? Oh, wait...both are pretty ugly :-D