2011-12 Authentic Tampa Bay away from NHL shop

khabbi

Got this jersey from NHL.com, I couldn't find anyone else to do the jersey since it's so new, but I'm thinking that the #'s just look too dark.. The jerseys I see on TV appear to have a lighter blue and more of a sheen to the numbers. What do you guys think?

BTW, the last time I ordered a custom jersey from NHL.com it was horrific.. but that was a year ago.

Here ya go:

img1730h.jpg

img1731ef.jpg

I don't know if I'm crazy, but the "A" seems too large on this.

img1732c.jpg

img1734ph.jpg

img1735ee.jpg

img1736iv.jpg

Well, I wouldn't call the stitching on the name "horrid". That usually happens when the bottom thread is a different color than the top. The thread will always pull through the stitch hole even if it's just a tiny bit. You just don't always see it because most places use the same color for top and bottom.

The "A" on your jersey looks huge compared to this picture.

2263611800107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

Yeah the "A" is way too big. I really do like those jerseys though. I was skeptical when I saw them on Icethetics, but they really do look great.

:unsure:

the "A" is too big and i STILL hate 'em.

btw, is the front a crest or screened?

<_<

:unsure:

the "A" is too big and i STILL hate 'em.

btw, is the front a crest or screened?

<_<

Guessing it's embroidery like the rest of the jerseys this year. Not a fan of that crap.

Well, I wouldn't call the stitching on the name "horrid". That usually happens when the bottom thread is a different color than the top. The thread will always pull through the stitch hole even if it's just a tiny bit. You just don't always see it because most places use the same color for top and bottom.

I am somewhat new to this but I was wondering why would you use two different colors? Cost?

I am somewhat new to this but I was wondering why would you use two different colors? Cost?

It's the quality of the thread, not the color, that determines the cost. And this is the first time I've ever seen anyone use a different color thread on the back. I can't fathom the reasoning behind such a decision.

Anyway you can take a picture of the jersey flat. I think the angle it's drapped at my be throwing me of some.

A does look way to big, like everyone else is saying.

This is a size 52.

I took the jersey to the Tampa Bay Lightning game on Saturday and compared it to the Jersey customization "pro shop", and it's evident that the color of the numbers are off. At one angle they both can look like dark navy, but at just about every angle the numbers are darker than they should be.. and you can tell by watching the team on ice that the blue is lighter also.

I also took a picture with the correct size "A".

Anyone know who's doing the customization for the Lightning this year?

I'll keep everyone posted on how NHL.COM hanldes this. I'm afraid they won't take responsibility for this and make excuses, but we'll see.

img1750pa.jpg

img1752q.jpg

img1754bj.jpg

Yea. Never buy from NHL.com. Not even during their "free customization" days. They never do anything right and they don't take responsibility or accept returns.

I don't know how things have changed since then, but I was able to get a return and full refund for a wrongly customized Dominic Moore TML 3rd jersey a couple years back. It was a huge hassle from NHL.com and took a couple months to sort out but I ended up with a 20% off coupon at the end of it. I posted about it here before but I can't seem to find the post.

but...you live nearby the arena and team shop....and then you buy from nhl.com shop ??....explain please

This is simple to answer.. as with most team stores, they have a million replicas and are setup to do replicas only.. but they do have the right numbers as they get them from the same supplier (they won't tell me who either). As a matter of fact, my authentic jersey was the first one the guys had seen in person (they loved the embroidered front logo as the replica has an awful crest). On top of that, even if I did take them a blank authentic, I would have to rely on them to get the numbers sewn on and being that they don't do it at all, who knows what I'd end up with.

The good thing about the Lightning pro shop, though, is that they use the real cloth numbers and press them onto the replica jerseys, so at least the numbers look good! They do have a thick layer of glue on them and work well when pressed, but not what I would want on an authentic due to the stiffness you get when pressing them.

I asked about buying the numbers from the pro shop, but they are reluctant to sell them to me without pressing them for some odd reason. I could press the issue as a season ticket holder, but I'm going to wait to see how things work out before I do.

This is simple to answer.. as with most team stores, they have a million replicas and are setup to do replicas only.. but they do have the right numbers as they get them from the same supplier (they won't tell me who either). As a matter of fact, my authentic jersey was the first one the guys had seen in person (they loved the embroidered front logo as the replica has an awful crest). On top of that, even if I did take them a blank authentic, I would have to rely on them to get the numbers sewn on and being that they don't do it at all, who knows what I'd end up with.

The good thing about the Lightning pro shop, though, is that they use the real cloth numbers and press them onto the replica jerseys, so at least the numbers look good! They do have a thick layer of glue on them and work well when pressed, but not what I would want on an authentic due to the stiffness you get when pressing them.

I asked about buying the numbers from the pro shop, but they are reluctant to sell them to me without pressing them for some odd reason. I could press the issue as a season ticket holder, but I'm going to wait to see how things work out before I do.

complicated to say the least........ .......they have the right numbers but they heatpress them on..... :wacko: