Ebay 2.0

JeffB

To me the nameplate ruins the jersey, especially since it overlaps onto the curved stripe. :noway:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaudy?? Know you nothing of tradition and history?? The Los Angeles Kings ARE purple and gold! Not silver and black.

Well I knew that one, but tradition doesn't necessarily excuse the appearance of a purple (or, Forum Blue) and golden yellow color scheme. I'm sure people had funny looks on their faces in 1967, too.

To me the nameplate ruins the jersey, especially since it overlaps onto the curved stripe. :noway:

gotcha

<-----not a buff on Kings sweaters.

speaking of the BK jersey, some of you guys would prolly dig this

http://theroyalhalf.com/2011-articles/january/the-rise-of-the-burger-king.html

Well I knew that one, but tradition doesn't necessarily excuse the appearance of a purple (or, Forum Blue) and golden yellow color scheme. I'm sure people had funny looks on their faces in 1967, too.

I see what you're saying. That would probably be the case if it were a random NHL team in the 60's that chose that color sceme. But it was the Kings in Los Angeles. The city of the lakers. Kings and lakers played in the forum, were owned by the same person, and wore the same colors. No one thought twice of it.

gotcha

<-----not a buff on Kings sweaters.

speaking of the BK jersey, some of you guys would prolly dig this

http://theroyalhalf.com/2011-articles/january/the-rise-of-the-burger-king.html

I also read somewhere that fans had a petition going to bring back the jersey to the team. Now that I own two I want know how would I find out when they have the burger king game nights so I can rock my soon to be McSorley :)

Ruined '93 All Star :(

Same seller has a fake Sakic

NWT Lindros 54

NWT Foppa (needs fixin)

NWT Sundin (another strip job)

NWT double CCM Gretz Blues (strip me)

Flamin C Fleury

'96 Dougie Leafs (seller's got a few others)

Blank Cosby Rangers 50

Replica (M) cool Blues

I wanted to get the AS but to much for a jersey that needs a strip job and god knows if everything will come off right.

How many times are we going to see this ###### thing? http://www.ebay.com/itm/WAYNE-GRETZKY-Los-Angeles-Kings-CCM-Game-Issued-Alternate-BURGER-KING-Jersey-/170846323968?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c73c0500#ht_1004wt_1163

Nice Kreider too. Didn't know Under Armour made hockey jerseys

Nice even has the 4 stars showing how many years he played

Chris Kreider only played 3 years at BU.

Because it's an Authentic Ducks Kariya Pro Player jersey? :lol:

I don't know about authentic Pro Player jerseys in general, but Blackhawks PP jerseys are pretty hard to find for instance.

Even so, it's rare to see any PP go for $500+

Check the bids - it's either shill bidding, or just a couple of rookies who really wanted it, duking it out.

Not to mention the size of the arm numbers look off

Locker Room Sports is usually legit, but I agree that they look off.

As to the comment before about the 4 stars - they are one star for each BC national title (now 5 after 2012).

Even so, it's rare to see any PP go for $500+

Check the bids - it's either shill bidding, or just a couple of rookies who really wanted it, duking it out.

You will see that jersey up again as you look and people with 0 and 17 fedbacks

Shill bidding? The last person with feedback below 10 dropped out $150 before the max and 2 days before the auction ended.

I still say people incrementally bidding, instead of letting eBay automatically proxy bid, is some people's preference. Whether it seems stupid or not I personally don't immediately jump to the shill bidding conclusion.

^ It's easy to shout it out, even out of frustration, when small-time sellers (myself included, for sure) end up with insultingly low winning bids for otherwise solid items, and these big-time sellers with 1000+ and 10k+ feedback end up making a killing on certain items like that MD jersey.

^ It's easy to shout it out, even out of frustration, when small-time sellers (myself included, for sure) end up with insultingly low winning bids for otherwise solid items, and these big-time sellers with 1000+ and 10k+ feedback end up making a killing on certain items like that MD jersey.

That is not true at all, I have over 5k+ in feedback as a seller and most of the jerseys I sold recently did not sell well at all. It all depends on how you list your item what type of pictures you include and what time you list it. Also you have to make sure your title is has key search words.

No, that's not the point I'm getting at. And you're right, anyone can end up selling a jersey for a low winning bid, regardless of feedback status. I guess I put that poorly. The point I'm getting at is that it's potentially frustrating to see a jersey sold by a big, high feedback seller go for an uncommonly high price, especially when the auction has a lot of bids. It raises suspicion.

My thought is why would someone with a very high feedback score risk their reputation and potentially getting banned from eBay by shill bidding to make a few extra $$s on one auction?

AHA! I knew that looked familiar. That's the old Prince Albert Raiders jersey! It's like something out of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves.