New Tampa Bay Lightning Jersey

NYIJM29

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think those jerseys are great! I think the simple design of the jersey looks nice and the logo looks awesome in my opinion. I love that the logo is just a nice clean symbol, not a circle with text in it, not a cartoonish-drawing, not a big letter, and it doesn't have the team name or location spelled out in it...it's a symbol.

Seems like everyone is pre-programmed to reject any new uniform.

I agree, I really like these. I actually would have gone a little simpler by getting rid of the circle, and just having the bolt.

You know what, if they had decided to ditch the old crest and just go with this one on the original color scheme, I wouldn't have objected. That would have been okay. But these are just TOO plain. They're trying a little too hard to be 'retro' plain and it just doesn't work on a team without as long a history as the Original or the Next Six.

You know what else I wouldn't have minded? Just flip-flopping the black and the blue from the old scheme and altering the crest. That would have been better too.

I love that the logo is just a nice clean symbol, not a circle with text in it, not a cartoonish-drawing, not a big letter, and it doesn't have the team name or location spelled out in it...it's a symbol.

What?

jersey-away-1200.jpg

Hi we are the visiting team from Tampa Bay.. you may not have noticed us with our incredibly plain original-6 wannabe jerseys.. just incase our cartoon symbol didn't make sense to you we have also spelled out that we are the "Tampa Bay Lightning Hockey Club" on our shoulder patch.

These are terrible, simple and far too plain. All the little details of the current jerseys are lost. I always liked the unique quality of the lightning jerseys.

What?

jersey-away-1200.jpg

Hi we are the visiting team from Tampa Bay.. you may not have noticed us with our incredibly plain original-6 wannabe jerseys.. just incase our cartoon symbol didn't make sense to you we have also spelled out that we are the "Tampa Bay Lightning Hockey Club" on our shoulder patch.

I was referring to the logo itself. I don't think the "Tampa Bay" is really part of the logo. By cartoonish logo I mean something like the Panthers, Coyotes, Sharks, etc. where there is a tad too much detail for it to be a symbol and is more of a drawing, if you know what I'm getting at. This is just a solid color lightning bolt going through a circle, I see it more as a symbol than a cartoonish drawing.

• 4 weeks later...

Design update. Black will be added to the numbers and the lightning bolt returns to the side of the pants. It sounds like they will probably make more tweaks in the future, possibly the return of the "victory stripes." The "BOLTS" jersey will return as the third, but no word on any changes.

0223-tbl-revisedunis.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1298500361194

just want to pipe in and say that i too hate the new Lightning jerseys. the best were the black with the white shoulders. this is too plain and boring. jersey designs in general seem to be taking a wrong turn the last few years. i'm especially tired of jerseys with the logo inside a circle on the chest. like the Wild home, Blues 3rd, and Jackets 3rd etc.