New Tampa Bay Lightning Jersey

NYIJM29

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garbage. I loved the Edge sets, I thought they were the best upgrade from the older era. Stupid Lightning...

Wow, beside the jersey being bad they've actually Microchipped season ticket holders... :(

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=551151&navid=DL|TBL|home

Is it safe to throw in the washing machine?

Concession stand: "Oh here, get 25% off you chicken fingers and fries. Would you like ketchup?"

STH: "Of course"

*Gets back to seat*

STH: "Darn, I got ketchup on my jersey"

*puts microchip into washing machine*

*Next game and goes to pay for food*

Concession stand: "That is not a real/there is no microchip. Good try."

We're 2 steps away from Skynet :/

:angry:

THEY SUCK!!!

bring back the 2004 version!

at least he makes it look good!

:wacko:

They look great, but the best news of all is they are bringing back the iconic BOLTS jersey.

[/The icethetics guy with worse taste than Mike Green]

I think they look really ugly! The colors look too close to Toronto not only that but the Lightning have had black on their jerseys since the start of the organization where did the black go?

2 things that annoy me:

1) No Championship stripes under the arm

2) The lightning bolt on the pants

Hopefully they wear a shell with their third (which has the stripes under the arms).

They look great, but the best news of all is they are bringing back the iconic BOLTS jersey.

[/The icethetics guy with worst taste than Mike Green]

I agree, that guy has pretty bad taste, but do you dislike the Bolts jerseys? I was skeptical about them at first but I thought they ended up looking great.

It's pretty much the Red Wings template (which gets overused way too much, especially by college teams) with the Maple Leafs color scheme, and really bland logos thrown in.

I usually hate complicated jerseys, but Tampa Bay always seem to do them right. Now they tried to go to a classic look and failed miserably, in my opinion. They're not an Original 6 team so they should stop trying to copy Original 6 jerseys, and they actually had a good thing going with their "futuristic" originality which usually doesn't happen.

I agree, that guy has pretty bad taste, but do you dislike the Bolts jerseys? I was skeptical about them at first but I thought they ended up looking great.

The template is fine, but the nickname as crest is an automatic jersey foul. The team name is Lightning, dammit. :noway:

The template is fine, but the nickname as crest is an automatic jersey foul. The team name is Lightning, dammit. :noway:

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense. I just think the jersey is unique enough to warrant a purchase...the tail in particular impressed me.

I like the blue one, I think it looks neat. But I'm not a fan of the white one, particularly how it says "Tampa Bay" over the crest. Big turn off IMO. I think the blue one would be a nice third jersey for them. It's better than the "BOLTS" blue third they have now IMO. Their current home black, white road, and now that blue one would be a pretty nice uniform combo. Sad to see the black ones go.

Wow! Those are terrible!! You have a team named the Lightning, there are tons of possibilities out there and this is the best you can come up with?! They look like cheap hockey camp jerseys! Oh my God, they are using blue in a jersey! How new, how fresh!! I have never seen that before. I realize that they have always had blue in the color scheme, but this is just poop. If anything they should have used their current shoulder logo into a crest and losing the victory stripes is a bad move IMO. They were something very unique and one of the few redeeming qualities the current unis had.

"EPIC FAIL"

Those things are awful. They should stick to what they have now and change out the thrid to something new. The home and away's now are i.m.o. one of the best combo's in the nhl.