What is the best way to pack my RBK Premier jersey?

LeafsNation75

This coming December it just so happens to be that when I'm on vacation in Orlando, Florida the Maple Leafs are playing the Lightning in Tampa, so obviously once the tickets went on sale I purchased them and it's only an hour drive between Orlando and Tampa Bay. Anyway here is my question. 

I'm planning on bringing my Auston Matthews Blue RBK Premier jersey and I'm wondering what's the best way to pack it so it doesn't get ruined? The last time I got to see the Leafs and Lightning in Tampa was in December 2007 and I remember the Leafs RBK Premier jersey I brought at the time kind of got messed up in the back towards the bottom, which I think was from the way I packed it. So if I pack it on top of all my other clothes would that help or should I try to pack inside a plastic shopping bag to keep it away from everything else?

That’s the best you can do. Fold it like that and don’t overstuff your suitcase. As long as you don’t crease the crest or customization, you shouldn’t do any damage that can’t just be washed/pressed out later. 

Edited by mfitz804

18 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Wear it, or just lay it on your back seat 

I think perhaps he was talking about the Toronto to Orlando part, which I assumed was on a plane, rather than the 1 hour drive to the arena. I could be wrong. 

Another method is to crumple it up in a ball, throw it away, and buy a 2.0 ;) 

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:51 PM, mfitz804 said:

I think perhaps he was talking about the Toronto to Orlando part, which I assumed was on a plane, rather than the 1 hour drive to the arena. I could be wrong. 

I'm actually driving from Toronto - Orlando along Interstate 75 once I enter the United States, so I won't be going on a plane.

On the day I drive from Orlando - Tampa for the game I will wear my jersey in the car.

Edited by LeafsNation75

9 hours ago, LeafsNation75 said:

I'm actually driving from Toronto - Orlando along Interstate 75 once I enter the United States, so I won't be going on a plane.

On the day I drive from Orlando - Tampa for the game I will wear my jersey in the car.

In that case just put it on a hanger and hang it in the back if you can.  Would save you the headache of worrying if you will mess up your jersey.

1 hour ago, HockeyMusic said:

In that case just put it on a hanger and hang it in the back if you can.  Would save you the headache of worrying if you will mess up your jersey.

Agreed. I don’t worry about driving in my jersey locally, but that’s a long drive. Hanging it up would be better. 

I would add, the one and only Premier I ever owned wound up with several pulls across my shoulder and lap the very first time I wore it. I attribute that to the seat belt. 

9 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

That is something I won't be able to do because there is going to be other things packed in the back.

Just fold the thing and pack it in your bag/suitcase with the rest of your clothes.  If the numbers get a little wrinkled or whatever from being packed just iron it out before you actually wear it.