Weight difference between comparably sized 90s Ultrafil and Edge 2.0

AParrotLooksAt40

If I were to pick up an authentic ultrafil from the early 90s, what would be the physical weight difference in terms of feel and warmth versus the Edge 2.0? Not looking for actual lbs or oz measurements just an idea.

17 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

If I were to pick up an authentic ultrafil from the early 90s, what would be the physical weight difference in terms of feel and warmth versus the Edge 2.0? Not looking for actual lbs or oz measurements just an idea.

If I recall, a fully customized Ultrafil approaches 2 pounds, whereas a comparable Edge jersey will usually be a few ounces less. Haven't got either handy or I would have weighed them even though you said not to. :)

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If I recall, a fully customized Ultrafil approaches 2 pounds, whereas a comparable Edge jersey will usually be a few ounces less. Haven't got either handy or I would have weighed them even though you said not to. :)

But wearing them, the difference isn't so much so that one could potentially act as a warmer layer vs a breezy layer?

If they are blank, they are very comparable in weight.  I have blanks of both right now on hangers, and doing a test with my eyes closed, I can't feel a significant difference in weight.  After you letter them, there very well could be a difference if one has 3-layer lettering vs. 1-layer, for example.  The Edge has airknit and mesh, and will ventilate better and keep you a bit cooler while playing.

Edited by LAK74

I totally want to know now, though. Who's gonna weigh them? I did what I have handy in the office:

Taylor Hall 2017 ASG, size 60, single layer sublimated number and single layer name: 1 pound, 8 ounces. 

Koho Airknit Devils, size 56, Stevens, double layer twill with a captain's C: 1 pound, 9 ounces. 

You keep jerseys at your office?  :D

3 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

You keep jerseys at your office?  :D

What, you don't??

These arrived from EPS today, and I have everything sent to work. But, when I have stuff for sale, I usually ship from work so I do keep them here while they are listed. That's why I don't have any Ultrafils, they are all at home. 

I'm just messin' with ya...  :)

Edited by LAK74

6 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Who doesn't keep jerseys in the office? 

Seriously, what do you wear when you play hockey with office supplies, a broom and a trash can?