Phantoms jersey

cowboys

I see WAY more auctions ending for far below fair prices on stuff than I do stuff where things go for more than market value without shill bidding.

On eBay yes, on other auction sites, not so much. This goes double when there are auction houses that not only allowed shill bidding by the sellers, but acknowledge it and defend it. Buyer gets screwed more often than not.

Back to the Phantoms jersey issue, I still can't understand why anyone would bid on this stuff if done through eBay as well as teams doing it through eBay. The fees associated with it can't be much different than through NHL auctions which has done many minors auctions before.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the Phantoms jersey issue, I still can't understand why anyone would bid on this stuff if done through eBay as well as teams doing it through eBay.

Because they are dishonest and its easier to shill bid on eBay, perhaps?

Because they are dishonest and its easier to shill bid on eBay, perhaps?

It's just as easy to shill bid on other websites like I mentioned. Hell NHL auctions removed the names of other bidders over the summer so now you have no idea who is bidding or if it's even the same person.

It's just as easy to shill bid on other websites like I mentioned. Hell NHL auctions removed the names of other bidders over the summer so now you have no idea who is bidding or if it's even the same person.

I guess. Having to register with a credit card to place the bid might make them a little more hesitant to do that. Besides, they are doing very well on eBay and ripping people off without reprisals, so why switch?

The buyer sets his own max price, so in a fair auction, the buyer can't get screwed unless he screws himself.

Very true

Let the buyer in a fair auction decide if he wants to pay but when idiots like the Phantoms organization has shill bidding just to raise the price that is what sucks and I have a big problem with it .They did sell thru meigray but maybe the price was set there so they decided to go to eBay .