Epsec Trading Corporation?

The_Dude_Abides

I apologise for posting something non-jersey related but I need some help.

I'm looking to purchase a car. I saw it on Auto Trader this morning and it seems way too good to be true.

The seller said she is selling her recently deceased father's car through a company called Epsec Trading Corporation. She claims it is similar to PayPal with a great return policy and blah blah blah...I don't trust her but I'm hanging by a single thread of hope that this is legit and I have a chance at landing an unbelievable car at a steal of a price.

I know it sounds way too good to be true but I had to ask if anyone has ever heard of this company. I've Googled them but can't find anything but forums talking about how great and legit this compay is. I still don't buy it.

Again, sorry for posting this here but I thought it was a good place to ask seeing is how you guys are spread out all over the world and may have heard about scams or anything at all.

Thanks fellas.

You know what they say. If it sounds to good to be true ......

For the cost of a vehicle I wouldn't take any chances.

About 95% of the time you hear "it belonged to my deceased mom/dad" in an Internet car ad, it's a scam. And as TMLFAN said, if it seems too good to be true...

And when in doubt, notify autotrader just to be safe.

Edited by thebiggoalie

I think you answered your own question.

Lol...I know. But if you saw this car, you'd hope it might be legit too. I guy can dream right?

Right....and it could be that it is totally legit.

However you have to ask yourself if you are ok if you never see that money again if you do get scammed.

However this seems like a carrot and stick situation to me....does not pass the sniff test

It's probably an absolutely terrible sign that the first link that pops up on Google when searching "Epsec Trading Corporation" is this thread, lol.