Recently got back my first authentic from the customizer. Am I being nitpicky or is this normal?

Lazermcblazer

I was super pumped to get this authentic for a great price on eBay and wanted to get Crosby's name on it to replace the first jersey I ever got, which as I now know, was a fake. At the advice of someone on this board, I sent it into Cutting Edge Sports, the customizer who did these jerseys for the team. Paid $95 including return shipping and I have to say, I'm really disappointed with how it turned out. I recently got a Hornqvist Penguins Premier third jersey back from River City Sports and the customization on that one looks worlds better to me. So, looking for advice from you senior collectors, is this normal? Should I ask for a refund? Is there even anything that can be done to fix it? It just looks like she did it in about ten minutes. I actually even called after I sent it in to make sure she would be doing kiss-cut and to see if she had the Edge material for the nameplate (which she did). And she kind of mockingly/annoyed said "I'll do it exactly how I did it for the team.

It just seems like the stitching is all over the numbers, there are strange creases in the material on the 8 on the back that isn't from the way it was shipped, some of the placements are off, I don't know. What do you guys think?

Album can be found here http://imgur.com/a/9vozn

You pay someone for a service and if your unhappy with it call them and let them know EXACTLY what you feel is wrong and see if they are willing to fix it and make it correct. $95 seems to be an awful lot for a jersey to get customized. I pay around $60.

I have a massive collection of Chicago Blackhawk jerseys and its a passion of mine (like most everyone on here) and you know D A M N well if I get a jersey back and it is incorrect or not to my liking its going back. I had to send back jerseys before because of an incorrect nameplate used....or the font on the name was wrong...or the #'s were cut wrong...Hawks jerseys have very specific font and #'s for certain years and I am not going to pay $500 for a Gunzo's jersey and have the customization wrong...

So call her up and let her know...Start out nice and see what is said...for some reason if you get "I know what I'm doing, it must be you" talk then ask for a manager and go from there....worst case is you ask around here and see who other members use for Penguins and have it redone...

In my humble opinion your jersey was messed up the second you put CRY BABY CROSBY on it ;-)

I know some places that do gamer's aren't perfect, but this looks rather bad IMO. I could understand if this was on a gamer as they really don't care how "perfect" it looks, but for a typical paying customer, this is rather upsetting. Personally I would call them back if it really upsets you. Only issue is that your jersey is a 1.0. Stripping it might completely ruin it if not done very carefully. Anyone who has stripped numbers off of bubble mesh, please chime in.

You'll NEVER EVER EVER get those arm numbers off clean. That EDGE sponge garbage will pull and snag everything and it will look terrible.

Though, speaking to the customization, it looks spot on to me. It's a little rough but that's what happens when you sewn on kiss-cut lettering. It's not a simple procedure by any means. It can be difficult to keep the extra raised layer of twill underneath the machine foot at all times. That's what causes some of the breaches into the white area. You can call them up and ask for a refund or a redo but I doubt it would come back any different than that.

Looks like somebody dozed off while doing the "B". I kept straighter lines when I first started sewing anything on jerseys.

That does look especially sucky. Sorry that happened, bro.

I'll not chime in on how to fix it when I know nothing and while we have customization/sewing experts chiming in.

I was super pumped to get this authentic for a great price on eBay and wanted to get Crosby's name on it to replace the first jersey I ever got, which as I now know, was a fake. At the advice of someone on this board, I sent it into Cutting Edge Sports, the customizer who did these jerseys for the team. Paid $95 including return shipping and I have to say, I'm really disappointed with how it turned out. I recently got a Hornqvist Penguins Premier third jersey back from River City Sports and the customization on that one looks worlds better to me. So, looking for advice from you senior collectors, is this normal? Should I ask for a refund? Is there even anything that can be done to fix it? It just looks like she did it in about ten minutes. I actually even called after I sent it in to make sure she would be doing kiss-cut and to see if she had the Edge material for the nameplate (which she did). And she kind of mockingly/annoyed said "I'll do it exactly how I did it for the team.

It just seems like the stitching is all over the numbers, there are strange creases in the material on the 8 on the back that isn't from the way it was shipped, some of the placements are off, I don't know. What do you guys think?

Album can be found here http://imgur.com/a/9vozn

Cutting edge is run by a bunch of little old ladies, so explaining anything to them is just plain worthless.

I had them do both of my penguins Winter classic jerseys, and they came out absolutely perfect. They definitely rushed slapping yours together, and it looks like crap. You have every right to call and complain to them, but I don't know if they will actually do anything to salvage it.

This is pretty common for CES. They put about as much effort into keeping everything nice and neat as Crosby puts into backchecking.

• 2 months later...

Sorry that happened, man. The letters on the nameplate look crooked as well. Definitely worth a phone call to see what they'll do to remedy the situation.