The Switch from Reebok

Kincaid521

I know nothing is for sure in regards to the switch back to CCM for next season, but I was wondering if since the A did it this year, are their replicas any better quality-wise? Or are they still about the same as the current Reeboks premiers?

Edited by Kincaid521

The AHL replicas have always been worse than the NHL premiers since the switch to the Edge. I posted about this back in 2007. The AHL, and the CHL leagues also, are made of a thinner polyester, and the shoulder patches are screen printed and glued on. They also do not have the jock tags on the front and are made in Canada, but that doesn't mean they are better made. They skimped on the materials to make up for higher labor costs than the jerseys made overseas. If you don't like the NHL premiers you'll hate the AHL, and CHL replicas.

Edited by rabinsurance

The AHL replicas have always been worse than the NHL premiers since the switch to the Edge. I posted about this back in 2007. The AHL, and the CHL leagues also, are made of a thinner polyester, and the shoulder patches are screen printed and glued on. They also do not have the jock tags on the front and are made in Canada, but that doesn't mean they are better made. They skimped on the materials to make up for higher labor costs than the jerseys made overseas. If you don't like the NHL premiers you'll hate the AHL, and CHL replicas.

I agree, the AHL replicas are as crappy as the NHL practice jersey replicas, thinnest material possible. I had one and hated it.

CCM more or less equals Reebok. Most of the Reebok protective has been rebranded as CCM now, if the jerseys move to the CCM name they probably won't be anything that we aren't already seeing.