What kind of jerseys do players wear off ice?

scarchelli

"Stolen" should be used kind of lightly... he left it in a bar in a bag with a bunch of stuff.

Its not like it was taken from him. But yea, it was dishonest of the person to not turn it in until they got caught on eBay and gave it to Kings security staff.

I was at an event put on by the Utah Grizzlies a few years back...Trevor Lewis (a local boy) brought the cup for the fans to see....if I am not mistaken, he was wearing...wait for it...a LAK Premier replica sweater...LMAO...couldn't believe it.

I was at an event recently where the Red Wings Alumni were wearing either 6100s or Premiers. None of them had Edges, but they did auction some of the Premiers, so they were probably bought by the people putting on the event for the auction and gave them to the players to wear so they could be considered "game worn." That makes sense, sort of, it would be a little costly to buy Edge 2.0s for a simple little charity auction, but I did laugh seeing old pros skating around in the jerseys fans wear.

There is also a fundamental reason that the guys dont always wear edges to events. Premiers are cut for casual fan use and sized like street clothing. I dont think the players want to rock baggy size 58 jerseys when they are out in public unless they have no choice.

There is also a fundamental reason that the guys dont always wear edges to events. Premiers are cut for casual fan use and sized like street clothing. I dont think the players want to rock baggy size 58 jerseys when they are out in public unless they have no choice.

True. If I was a player I'd be perfectly fine wearing a premier or at least an indo to events if it meant less baginess.

I am 99% sure they don't give a crap and they wear whatever they are given.

This.

I went to the Flames 3rd jersey unveil event last fall. The whole team came out wearing premiers. Retail authentics were available that day for sale, but likely weren't available early enough for them to get them all customized for this event.

You guys have called it cheap, but in this case, if they had just worn their gamers it would have been one set, rather than the gamers AND these event replicas.

4iPiVa9.jpg

I know with the Flyers a lot of times they are 2.0 authentics. MeiGray has auctioned off the team-issued special event jerseys in the past, like for the Wives Carnival. I know that the draft day jerseys, in the past, have been legit authentics too....can't speak on 1.0/2.0 since I don't know for all the years since Reebok has been the manufacturer.

• 2 weeks later...

Devils alums are wearing Premiers in the pre-game ceremony honoring the 95 Cup team. Looks like everyone got an XXL, some fit, some are baggy.

They gave them indo edges for the alumni game. Only the goalies got team issued ones.

Plus Brodeur played as a skater not a goalie!

Yeah that was pretty cool, 2 periods as a forward then he went in goal. I may bid one pof the game worns if they stay cheap. They probably will not.

I did not realize they were Indos.

The den does a good job with the pressing, I have one that's holding up big time, letters and nameplate are cardboardy at first but after a wash or two it's softened up quite a bit. I've heard in years past that they've done a sub par job but ever since its been taken over by fanatics I have zero complaints

This picture https://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/102204920_10.jpg that I saw a while back confirms they had 2.0s in the 2010 parade because of the double elbows. But no stick/puck marks or board burns on any of their jerseys that I've seen, so likely not their gamers. But they have the final patch sewn on another 2.0?

I'm really trying to remember back to 2010 but I thought there were 3 more sets made up for the SCF games - it's very possible they could have been in jerseys that were made up for the games but never used? If you take a peak here you can see at the convention they did not use authentics:

AR-707299596.jpg

The den does a good job with the pressing, I have one that's holding up big time, letters and nameplate are cardboardy at first but after a wash or two it's softened up quite a bit. I've heard in years past that they've done a sub par job but ever since its been taken over by fanatics I have zero complaints

I wasn't speaking as to the quality of the work, I just know the Den is full of Indos and I assumed that's where they would have made them up. I personally have never bought a heat pressed jersey OR an Indo so I can't speak to the quality of either. I checked out the Indos they had one day when I was there, I didn't really see why people hate them so much from a cursory review.