Blackhawks 2009 Winter Classic Jersey Questions...

y2jdmbfan

Guys,

Just dropped my 2015 Hawks winter classic jersey off at CSL to get lettered. It is a size 54 edge 2.0. Now I am in the hunt for a 2009 authentic winter classic hawks jersey. Were they edge 1.0 or 2.0? Is size 54 or 56 in Edge 1.0 closest to 54 in Edge 2.0?

Thanks

Edited by y2jdmbfan

Guys,

Just dropped my 2015 Hawks winter classic jersey off at CSL to get lettered. It is a size 54 edge 2.0. Now I am in the hunt fo. a 2009 authentic winter classic hawks jersey. Were they edge 1.0 or 2.0? Is size 54 or 56 in Edge 1.0 closest to 54 in Edge 2.0?

Thanks

They were only released to the public as 1.0.

Did you ask for an Edge nameplate for your '15 WC jersey?

I brought in an Edge nameplate I bought from Jersey Baron with the jersey. Having second thoughts on the size 54 though, even though I already dropped it off for lettering this afternoon. I'm wearing a Toews Edge 2.0 Away jersey size 54 that I got on Halloween, but didn't get back from CSL until late December. This is really the first time I'm wearing it and it seems a bit short on the sides, and maybe a tad tight in the chest. I don't recall having this issue with the Winter Classic 2015 that I dropped off today, but I hadn't really worn it yet. Anyone know if the Winter Classic and Standard Away Edge 2.0 are cut the same? I tried on an Edge 1.0 size 56 hawks jersey at CSL and I really seemed to like the fit of it....

Thanks,

Y2J

Edited by y2jdmbfan

Yeah, Hawks and Wings both wore 2.0's for that game, I have only ever saw one 2.0 that wasn't game worn around here and it was a team issued Red Wings that someone lucked into by perusing the racks at Hockeytown Authentics.

Man, I am going nuts here trying to decide between a Size 54 and 56...I have the 2010 Third Jersey Edge 2.0 (2009 Winter Classic Style)The 56 is longer on me, but baggier in the back. The 54 is a bit more snug and the sleeves are shorter. I'm 6'4" usually walking around 240-250...Trying to lose some weight, but I don't want to count on that. I have a 54 Edge 2.0 Away Toews, that is a bit snugger than I would have liked and not as long as I would have liked.

In general, an Edge 1.0 54 is going to fit even snugger than a 2.0 54, so it seems like the logical choice in the 1.0 would be a 56. It will give you a good few inches more in wingspan as well.

In general, an Edge 1.0 54 is going to fit even snugger than a 2.0 54, so it seems like the logical choice in the 1.0 would be a 56. It will give you a good few inches more in wingspan as well.

I guess the my concern on the Edge 2.0 size 54 Hawks Away jersey I have is that it doesn't seem to be long enough. For some reason the way it is cut or something just makes it feel smaller than it should. I don't like the way it hangs on my body. Maybe because the Indian Head and then the Captain C and Finals patch are so high up or something and I don't have a muscular chest. It's just frustrating as I love these jerseys, but they aren't cheap and I can't decide on the fit on the Edge 2.0. I have my 2015 Winter Classic Edge 2.0 size 54 sitting at City Sports Lettering, I just dropped it off, and I am second guessing not getting a 56 in that as well.

My Current Jerseys

Blackhawks Home Edge 1.0 Size 54 #88 Patrick Kane (Fits pretty well, but it wears more like a shirt so I guess it is more "slimming" than the Edge 2.0)

Anaheim Ducks 2013-14 3rd Jersey Edge 2.0 Size 54 Ryan Getzlaf (Fits Good, maybe because it is black, it looks sleeker)

Blackhawks Away Edge 2.0 Size 54 #19 Jonathan Toews w/ 2013 Finals Patch (Don't like the fit, makes me look big, seems tight in the upper chest area)

Blackhawks 2015 Winter Classic Edge 2.0 Size 54 (Seemed to fit looser than the Away Edge 2.0 that I have)

Current Purchase:

Blackhawks 2010 3rd Jersey Edge 2.0 Size 54

Blackhawks 2010 3rd Jersey Edge 2.0 Size 56

Both of these seems to fit OK, the 56 is definitely a little looser, but it is longer, which I like and the arms go down to about the middle of my hands at my side. It does flare out at the bottom though. I need to send one of them back, not sure which one though. Maybe both if I could find a 2009 Winter Classic Edge 1.0.

I am a bit OCD when it comes to stuff like this if you couldn't tell...LOL...But any help is appreciated. I don't know if the Size 54 Edge 2.0 will wear "longer" if I lose a few pounds...Also, do the jerseys wear a bit differently/smaller after getting the lettering done?

Edited by y2jdmbfan

I think I maybe able to chime in a little here.. in my experience the hawks away white 2.0 does seem to fit a little smaller or shorter. I have a red home 2.0 in a 52, and a 52 on the away side and the white was definitely shorter so I dont know if thats a common theme or just worked that way for me. My other hawks jerseys are 54's including my WC so cant really compare to those.

Man, I am going nuts here trying to decide between a Size 54 and 56...I have the 2010 Third Jersey Edge 2.0 (2009 Winter Classic Style)The 56 is longer on me, but baggier in the back. The 54 is a bit more snug and the sleeves are shorter. I'm 6'4" usually walking around 240-250...Trying to lose some weight, but I don't want to count on that. I have a 54 Edge 2.0 Away Toews, that is a bit snugger than I would have liked and not as long as I would have liked.

The 2009 Winter classic jersey runs a bit smaller than other Edge jerseys because of the materials and how they're put together. I'd go bigger on that one for sure - if I were to match mine up with others of similar size I'd say it's about a half size smaller.

The team wore 2.0's - however good luck finding a 2.0 that is not either gameworn or team issued. It's a lot harder finding 2.0's from that era edge jersey and I'm not totally sure any of those ever made it out beyond a team order.

I'll show my lack of knowledge on this one. Other than the patch, what's the difference between the WC and the 3rds they used that look the same? I always assumed they were identical, minus the patch of course.

The WC jersey had a black neck lace, 3rd jersey had a white neck lace.

Although, I could be wrong.

The WC jersey had a black neck lace, 3rd jersey had a white neck lace.

Although, I could be wrong.

That's correct. Also, the thirds added tomahawks to the shoulders; the WC jersey did not have tomahawks.

I believe that is correct.

Also, im just curious, wondering if i have this right.

Reebok made the edge until a few months into the 07-08 season whrn the players decided they needed a new edge style to wear, so reebok revamped the 1.0 and the 2.0 was then used for the remainder of the 07-08 season, and never available to anyone besides the teams until 2011-2012(?) So, for jerseys like the hawks first wc, only 1.0s are available to the public, despite the fact thay the players wore 2.0s?

I think I maybe able to chime in a little here.. in my experience the hawks away white 2.0 does seem to fit a little smaller or shorter. I have a red home 2.0 in a 52, and a 52 on the away side and the white was definitely shorter so I dont know if thats a common theme or just worked that way for me. My other hawks jerseys are 54's including my WC so cant really compare to those.

Are those 54's Edge 2.0? What do you prefer?

Yeah they're all 2.0s and I prefer the 54s this time of year. The added length is the bonus. Though I do prefer the 52 in the warmer months since they wear closer to a normal shirt

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, didn't want to start a new topic, what jersey's did the Hawks wear during the 2009-2010 Cup Run? I guess specially I am asking about Kaner, but were they Edge 1.0 or Edge 2.0?

As for the 2009 Winter Classic, I believe I was able to work a deal for a Size 56 Edge 1.0 that I will be getting customized with Kane hopefully I will be picking that up next weekend...

Hawks dumped their 1.0's around the middle of the very first season of the Edge, 2007-08. Using 2.0's since then.

Hawks dumped their 1.0's around the middle of the very first season of the Edge, 2007-08. Using 2.0's since then.

Thanks. I am debating about getting the 2010 Finals patch put on a Home Edge 2.0 Kaner, but also thinking about going with no patch or the 2013 patch.

The 2010 jerseys had the vector logo on the back collar, while the 2013's had the wordmark, if that matters to you.