Which NHL teams not using nameplates on jerseys?

JunkyardAthletic

I have Detroit, LA and Phoenix. Any others?

Unfortunately, I don't get a chance to make it down to see a lot of the teams anymore, so, figured I'd ask the membership/readership.

Are there any advantages of doing it this way? Name-plates exist for a good reason, to easy the process of stripping and redoing a jersey but I guess with the money in the NHL these days, teams can afford to ditch jerseys if the player name needs to be changed?

Edited by Of Senators and Kings

I remember when the Rangers went to nameplates after not having them for as long as I started watching them. It bothered me a bit but I got used to them

What year did the Rangers go to nameplates?

I know they didn't have them in the 1980s, so the Guy Lafleur I plan to get won't have it, but I am also going to get a Guy Hebert, and he played in early 2001 (75th season).

Went to nameplates when they went to the edge jerseys. However, I have a white vintage series Gernander gamer with a nameplate, and several other players had them by strictly chance throughout their careers. Before edges, if say that only 1% of gamers had nameplates.

Went to nameplates when they went to the edge jerseys. .

They didn't ever use them on the 6100's?

They didn't ever use them on the 6100's?

Only in rare instances, like new players coming up and wearing recycled jerseys. The overall average used 6100 jersey didn't have one. Edited by thebiggoalie

It's been noted that Callahan's Liberty rookie jersey had one. Not sure about his blue/white ones. I'm actually trying to find evidence for a Girardi 46 if anybody has it. Also not sure if I should send it to EPS or Arena Wear, if anybody has any input. I'm also sending in a Liberty to make into a Lundqvist, which I assume doesn't get a plate. My Dominic Moore game worn Liberty jersey doesn't have a plate.

It's been noted that Callahan's Liberty rookie jersey had one. Not sure about his blue/white ones. I'm actually trying to find evidence for a Girardi 46 if anybody has it. Also not sure if I should send it to EPS or Arena Wear, if anybody has any input. I'm also sending in a Liberty to make into a Lundqvist, which I assume doesn't get a plate. My Dominic Moore game worn Liberty jersey doesn't have a plate.

I can personally vouch for Arena Wear, they do great work but I can't say exactly when they started doing the Rangers' shirts....did they take over from Cosby's once the skinny font disappeared? I've used EPS for my EDGE Girardi and while it looks real good you can see ever so slight differences when compared to AW's work.

My Dominic Moore game worn Liberty jersey doesn't have a plate.

I've been meaning to ask you what season that one is from, and wether it is kiss-cut or stacked?

It's a set 2 from 2005-2006. I don't have it in front of me, but I think it's kiss-cut. When I have it in front of me I'll let you know.

Thanks. I'm looking to send a 6100 liberty out to get done w. the Teammates for Kids patch that was worn in 2007, and I think I remember Mike saying those were kiss cut.

Yes all of Callahan's rookie jerseys had a plate. I had a white one done up with a plate and it looks great with it IMO.