• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20141227_022737-vi.jpg

Front

20141227_022832-vi.jpg

Back

Can someone verify that this is authentic? I can take more pictures as needed... I am just not as well versed in older jerseys and some parts feel/ seem legit, and others make me question.

Thanks

THIS JERSEY JUST KICKED MY ARSE!!!

1990-91 Craig Berube game-worn home jersey. Decent wear with the typical Flyers fighter alterations.

100_8147-vi.jpg

100_8186-vi.jpg

This jersey was worn by "The Chief" during the 90-91 season. The front of the jersey shows nice even wear with 6 black markings, a 1" burn on the top right chest piping, and puckering to the crest from washings. The right sleeve has a 1'' stick mark under the sleeve #1, black markings on sleeve #1, 10 board burns in the elbow area, and a hemmed cuff. The left arm has 9 board burns in the elbow area, popped piping from fight abuse, 2 burn marks on the orange part of the sleeve, and a hemmed cuff. The rear of the jersey has three black markings on the bottom left, blue dasher paint below the #7, repaired/re-sewn top right hand side of the nameplate, blood stains on the bottom right hand corner of the nameplate, and Berube's signature on the rear #7. The inside of the jersey has the fight strap cut out. It was replaced by a skate lace style strap that has been sewn through the rear #7 with heavy thread. There are numerous areas of popped stitching mostly on the black piping throughout the jersey from fight abuse.

100_8205-vi.jpg

100_8166-vi.jpg

100_8199-vi.jpg

:fight:

Edited by rob77ta

Not strictly a 'new arrival', but finally got my SCF94 patch put onto my authentic Rangers home Messier. The tailors that I took it to did a really shoddy job of the patch, making it off-centre and slightly tilted, so I just chalked that up as an L, removed it and handstitched it on myself with more accurate measurements.

n2cUTa2.jpg

Great jersey!! Love to see acquisitions of vintage heavyweights!!

1990-91 Craig Berube game-worn home jersey. Decent wear with the typical Flyers fighter alterations.

Edited by bobbyp6565

Thanks guys!

But yeah, just think we had Tocchet, Brown, and Berube at the same time. We were everything but soft. Time to bring back Clarkie as GM!

Thanks guys!

But yeah, just think we had Tocchet, Brown, and Berube at the same time. We were everything but soft. Time to bring back Clarkie as GM!

Not to mention, in 88-89, Terry Carkner, Al Secord, Scott Mellanby, Jay Wells & Jeff Chychrun, plus the original enforcer goalie (Ron Hextall).

How I miss the late 80's/early 90's............

Yeah it's almost mind blowing we have a combo like chief/hextall coach & gm and the team is basically playing a men's league type of physical game. I guess this is where the league is heading in the future

A few Admirals specialty gamers that I've finally gotten around to photographing.

2000-01 Bert Robertsson St Patricsk Day. Not a notable player, but I've only seen maybe 2-3 of these jerseys since 2008 at games, so glad to add this one that I consider "rare", even though every specialty jersey could be argued to be equally as rare.

IG9X0020-L.jpg

IG9X0022-L.jpg

Only game issued to Chris Mason, but was glad to add this one after moving the first one of this style that I owned. The goalie cut sleeves are pretty huge!

IG9X0028-L.jpg

IG9X0029-L.jpg

Finally, a Breast Cancer Awareness jersey style that I had longed for them to try, but still managed to screw the design up. I don't understand what the double-fists mean, and I believe they screw up an otherwise sharp jersey.

IG9X0039-L.jpg

IG9X0042-L.jpg

A few Admirals specialty gamers that I've finally gotten around to photographing.

2000-01 Bert Robertsson St Patricsk Day. Not a notable player, but I've only seen maybe 2-3 of these jerseys since 2008 at games, so glad to add this one that I consider "rare", even though every specialty jersey could be argued to be equally as rare.

Only game issued to Chris Mason, but was glad to add this one after moving the first one of this style that I owned. The goalie cut sleeves are pretty huge!

Finally, a Breast Cancer Awareness jersey style that I had longed for them to try, but still managed to screw the design up. I don't understand what the double-fists mean, and I believe they screw up an otherwise sharp jersey.

Any design for breast cancer awareness containing a skull is kind of bad...it being a sometimes fatal disease and all. Edited by slimcutta

They make a pink breast cancer awareness ribbon...

breast-cancer-awareness.jpg

Wow; they sewed the blank nameplate to the jersey BEFORE sublimation on that shamrock one. That's pretty wild. I've never seen that done before.

Added another jersey to my Panthers collection. This one is Ultrafil, which I know they never wore on ice, but it's still pretty cool in my opinion.

DSC_0611-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSC_0613-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Wow; they sewed the blank nameplate to the jersey BEFORE sublimation on that shamrock one. That's pretty wild. I've never seen that done before.

If they sewed in the letters after sublimation you have to wonder why they bothered with the nameplates to begin with.

Or why they didn't just dye the name into the plate either. You can tell that they had to remove and then re-apply the plate to get the name on because the pattern doesn't match up in some spots. I'm also curious to know if they went as far as to change out the thread colors around the edges to match the material. If so, THAT'S commitment! Though, they could have just used clear acrylic thread. I can't really tell.

Well I still think they get an A for effort for actually sublimating the nameplates and working so hard to line them up. That's some craftsmanship and attention to detail right there.