Would getting a blank authentic

GJD

Be a good move? If (and that's a big IF) I do get one I might keep it blank? And are authentics from Shop.NHL made in Canada or Indonesia? I know premiers are made in Indonesia but I want to know if authentics are made in Canada. And everything is stitched right? The crest and shoulder patches?

Yeah of course it would be a good move, as long as it's not for a jacked-up price where you could expect to find a customized one.

You can get it customized somewhere. Lots of people do this. Personally I'm too lazy to do that and I just buy them already customized with a player's name. I don't like wearing them blank, I like it to look at authentic as possible.

Go a head and buy it blank, just consider extra prices you might pay to get it customized.

Oh, I'm pretty sure the ones from NHL shop are made in Indonesia. Do not buy.

Someone should be able to tell you where to get made-in-Canada authentics. Try Ebay and just ask us if it's real or not in the "it is good or not" thread.

Oh, I'm pretty sure the ones from NHL shop are made in Indonesia. Do not buy.

Someone should be able to tell you where to get made-in-Canada authentics. Try Ebay and just ask us if it's real or not in the "it is good or not" thread.

I just checked Shop.NHL and the authentics are produced in Canada. If I get one ill probably send it to Custom Crafted (the people who stitch the jerseys for the Bruins players)

Edit: huh. Under Features it says Made in Indonesia. But it doesn't really matter to me.

As of right now, Boston is one of the teams that does not have any made-in-Canada Edge 2.0 authentics available for retail sale. This may possibly change very soon, as we still are seeing more 2.0's coming out for other teams that did not previously have them. But when a full line of authentics will be available for every team is anyone's guess. As of right now the only new "authentic" for Boston you can buy is the Indo-Edge.

I said this in another thread, but I have access to a Reebok distributor for my store.

For next season, we are only able to order 7231's (Indo-Edge).

Take it with a grain of salt, I'm just passing along the info I have, but it looks like the Edge 2.0's that hit retail this year were a fluke of sorts.

My first authentic will probably be a Brad Marchand home jersey

@GJD: of course, you should totally get a blank. ever since ive gone authentics/game worn, ive never EVER looked back. the quality and feel of a authentic/game is absolutely miles apart.

i see a blank jersey, like a blank canvas. its suppose to get painted on [name and number applied on], its a given. well, for me, anyways.

So if I get this jersey, http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12125215 everything will be stitched? And what do they mean by "the jersey is designed with a combination of direct embroidery and appliqué twil graphics?" Does it mean stitched and made to look fancy?

I said this in another thread, but I have access to a Reebok distributor for my store.

Take it with a grain of salt, I'm just passing along the info I have, but it looks like the Edge 2.0's that hit retail this year were a fluke of sorts.

For all teams?

I could have sworn it was mentioned in another thread that Reebok stopped production of the indo-edge's because of all the backlash retailers gave them about them.

Anybody?

This was from the Edge 2.0 thread:

Been away from the board for a while but wanted to give a quick update on what I've heard about the remaining teams and 2.0 for retail.

I'm hearing that they've shut down hockey jersey production in Indonesia entirely, and basically waiting for the stock to sell out before going to full scale 2.0 production (makes sense). So, while there are still some Canadian team and NYR, CHI, and PIT Indos out there, the 2.0's starting being pumped out because Reebok no longer has any in their warehouse. As other teams follow, the 2.0's will come.

I know that Addidas/Reebok has had some legal problems in Indonesia and I tried to confirm this but couldn't find anything concrete regarding Reebok hockey jersey production in Indonesia being permanently shut down.

I'm working on getting confirmation on all of this.

I know that right now, all I can order for next season is 7231 (Indo-Edge). Whether that is old stock that they are burning through or not, I can't confirm.

I'm talking to my distributor to find out if there will be 7287's at all, or not, but the initial reaction is definitely not.