98-99 v 99-00 Jerseys

NYIJM29

Sorry if there is already a topic, but I just won this http://www.ebay.com/itm/281070437369?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 and I am befuddled since it has an orange NHL shield and white CCM logo and it has a 2000 patch on the tags. I thought the 2000 jerseys (for the Isles) had a blue CCM logo and silver NHL shield. Was this another of the "teams/customizers use whatever"? Or am I right and this is a 98-99? Both of those styles were one year styles for the Isles (97-98 last wave, 98-99 new design, 99-00 2000 patch/silver shield, 00-04 manufacturing tag moves to the back of the neck).

The only difference should be the orange vs silver NHL shield. The CCM logo was white for both. Some players used recycled jerseys from the previous season. My guess is the jersey you bought was leftover stock from 98-99 that was sold with the 2000 patch in 99-00.

Because let's face it, there was probably a ton of leftover Isles stock from 98-99.

Gotcha. Thanks! That's what I thought.

Now the decision is Fisherman Reichel w/25th patch or 98-99 Reichel with A or burn my money...decisions decisions

Bingo. I thought the same thing. It's just a leftover.

Plus, it's the Islanders. They've been reusing stuff for years. How about that same grainy footage of them winning the Stanley Cup since they were last relevant in 1984? That was the year that Ghostbusters came out!

It's probably a 1998/99. The 2000 patch could have been offered with the jersey as an afterthought (it's not attached to the jersey), right? There were at least 3 1999/2000 gamers I saw with the silver NHL shield, like this one:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=54&lotid=586

Edit: never mind, late to the party.

Looks like the blue CCM hem logo was only used when the jersey was the 97-98 alternate.

For your 98-99 jersey you should have it done up with San Jose Sharks legend Craig Janney.

Wait, is this or isn't this a 2000 jersey lol?

IMG_6039.jpg

I also have a blank that came with the patch and blue CCM logo from that seller minor_league_hockey from the Bay

With the way it currently is, once I get the funding, these are going to Cutting Edge:

white fisherman -- Schneider C

blue fisherman -- Palffy 68

blue fisherman -- Reichel 25th patch or someone else (likely Reichel)

white 98-99 Reichel or Cairns (likely Cairns)

white 99-00 Potvin or Czerkawski

Wait, is this or isn't this a 2000 jersey lol?

I also have a blank that came with the patch and blue CCM logo from that seller minor_league_hockey from the Bay

I am just going by NHLUniforms and what I've seen (including the one LAK74 posted). I think the CCM jerseys were manufacturered with only the hem logo before the crests and NHL shiled so this might have been old stock that somehow slipped through.

With the way it currently is, once I get the funding, these are going to Cutting Edge:

white fisherman -- Schneider C

blue fisherman -- Palffy 68

blue fisherman -- Reichel 25th patch or someone else (likely Reichel)

white 98-99 Reichel or Cairns (likely Cairns)

white 99-00 Potvin or Czerkawski

Your list is wrong. It doesn't have Janney on it. :noway:

Bingo. I thought the same thing. It's just a leftover.

Plus, it's the Islanders. They've been reusing stuff for years. How about that same grainy footage of them winning the Stanley Cup since they were last relevant in 1984? That was the year that Ghostbusters came out!

There is no playoffs, only Zuuuuul!

^That also played into my question. I thought both were just 1 year styles. I passed on a Luongo jersey because it had the white CCM/orange shield. I guess people just did whatever to the retail jerseys. I should be studying accounting! I'll look into Getty tomorrow night

I have a similar situation my self. I picked up a Pro Player flames a while ago, 99-00 was the only year they used PP. It has an orange NHL shield. Here is a comparison to some of my others.

IMG_3576.jpg

I think it may be a promo. The neck tagging is different from the others as well. The one up top is the orange shield version.

IMG_3573.jpg