Rangers 1987-1990 Customization

thebiggoalie

According to NHLuniforms.com, I saw the Rangers wore the small block CCM logo with the name straight (rather than the usual arch) from the 1987-88 season to the 1989-90 season.

Since it's only a digital image, it's hard to tell, but were the names on these jerseys ever not-the-usual drop-shadow font that the rangers are known for? I see the numbers were drop-shadow, but the name is so small, it looks like it's not.

Thanks y'all!

Thanks Slim. I knew you'd be the first to chime in on this. I have one and the name on it goes from elbow to elbow. (take a guess who?) because it doesn't fit me too well, it's probably not worth stripping. Decisions, decisions. Hmmm.

It actually almost goes from elbow to elbow on a size 46.

Thanks Bobcat, but specifically looking for the small-block CCM game-used jersey.

Thanks JAV. That's the same link Slim posted. I'm extremely tempted to strip it, but being that its also a little snug on my giant, masculine, ripped body, I may either leave it, or sell it.

It actually fits like a size 50 Rangers mesh CCM. The length is good (that's what she said) and it's not too tight (she said that too), but the sleeves are a little short.

If I redid this one, it would be more of a collectible in my closet than a jersey I could wear. Shame, because since I've focused on Rangers and Penguins jerseys, I'd love to hold onto this one, or at least trade it for something else I'd love to add to my collection.

I've seen a game-worn Beezer pre-1990 Rangers jersey with the Cosby's logo on the hem that had the Vanbiesbrouck arched on the back. I think his name was the reason why they started to curve the name actually.

I've seen a game-worn Beezer pre-1990 Rangers jersey with the Cosby's logo on the hem that had the Vanbiesbrouck arched on the back. I think his name was the reason why they started to curve the name actually.

Seriously? I'd love to read that article, or at least see the picture if you can find it.

Seriously? I'd love to read that article, or at least see the picture if you can find it.

He's making stuff up again...

This is one I used to own, but the lettering wasn't exact (too tall) -

8687RangersBeezerrear-vi.jpg

I have a circa 1990 Beezer with arched lettering from Cosby.. Ill post it shortly...

And here's the game one I was talking about too:

beezer88b.jpg

Go to gameworn.org to see the description and more shots of it. That dude has one of the most incredible goalie collections I've ever seen.